NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Haha. No, it won`t do that. I must:) admit I tried a few numbers before I got somebody to talk to and was a bit frustrated. I made myself cry.:D . I have had breakfast, quick coffee then maybe work on the garden, not looking good and as away next week must do something while the weather is ok.

Right here's my food plan for the day:

FRIDAY 13 MARCH 2015

Brunch: last of the smoked mackerel, ham (weird combo!) green salad, beet, cucumber, cherry toms, tip of tsp of mayo mixed with white vinegar 1.5 syns.

Yay - I bought some fat free Aldi strawb Greek Style yog cos I'm getting a bit fed up with 'watery' free yogs - and guess what they're free (and lovely taste and texture).

D: Kathy's pork and chorizo meatballs from freezer - 1.5 syns another yay!) SW tom sauce, pasta, Hi fi bar, sweetened quark, berries.

Snacks: pear, apple, 3WW biscs 3.5 syns

Drinks: diet drink, coffee part hea, fruit tea, water

Syns: 6.5

TOTAL SYNS: 36.5/70

2 x 30 mins walks - 2nd one cos Poppy didn't tell she had football club after school - so killed time walking! Goid tho cos that's the 1st exercise I 've done this week I think!

Last edited:
Right here's my food plan for the day - but first thing 8 need to do is to add syns for yest - not a disaster - I bought a six pack of diet drinks yet and thought they'd zero cals/syns but they're a quarter of a syn per can.

so for ease I'll put the 1.5 syns for the 6 cans on today's syns. Know that sounds obsessive but I really want to lose these last 11lbs without any more messing about - esp as I'm now paying for SW!!

Brunch: last of the smoked mackerel, ham (weird combo!) green salad, beet, cucumber, cherry toms, tip of tsp of mayo mixed with white vinegar 1.5 syns.

Yay - I bought some fat free Aldi strawb Greek Style yog cos I'm getting a bit fed up with 'watery' free yogs - and guess what they're free (and lovely taste and texture).

D: Kathy's meatballs - from freezer (another yay!) SW tom sauce, pasta or baked pot? Hi fi bar, sweetened quark, berries.

Snacks: pear, apple, maybe another yog? WW biscs 2.25 syns?

Drinks: diet drink 1.5 syns, coffee part hea, fruit tea,

Syns: 5.25 syns

What drinks are they Linda as diet drinks are free x
How did you get 1/4 of a syn ?

Right here's my food plan for the day - but first thing 8 need to do is to add syns for yest - not a disaster - I bought a six pack of diet drinks yet and thought they'd zero cals/syns but they're a quarter of a syn per can.

so for ease I'll put the 1.5 syns for the 6 cans on today's syns. Know that sounds obsessive but I really want to lose these last 11lbs without any more messing about - esp as I'm now paying for SW!!

D: Kathy's meatballs - from freezer (another yay!) SW tom sauce, pasta or baked pot? Hi fi bar, sweetened quark, berries.

What drinks are they Linda as diet drinks are free x
How did you get 1/4 of a syn ?

Hi - hope ur making the best of ur last day off?

The drinks are Sainsbury's own brand 6 pack (as u know Aldi/Lidl are my regular haunts - but needed to get red noses for the children!) just checked the can - they are dandelion and burdock, no added sugar drinks (so not diet as I thought!) 5 cals a can - so a quarter syn each? Bought them in hurry - didn't check - not a disaster but will teach me check in future ;) xx

At the bottom of the pic x
NAS drinks are free too

Ooh that's good - thx for checking - mmmm..... wonder what I can splurge my 1.5 syns on now :) xx

Haha. No, it won`t do that. I must:) admit I tried a few numbers before I got somebody to talk to and was a bit frustrated. I made myself cry.:D . I have had breakfast, quick coffee then maybe work on the garden, not looking good and as away next week must do something while the weather is ok.

:talk017::talk017::talk017:
Swapped to laptop so you can have some pics!! :wavey:Aaaah Doreen :hug99: these things are frustrating and can be upsetting too :girlpower:but you've sorted it out now - enjoy the garden - it's too cold and wet to do any gardening here (well that's my excuse anyway ;)) I like gardening - growing the veg mostly - but have bought some plug flower plants from Aldi to get me going but can't plant them out - when there's no danger of frost. Take care - sending hugs xx:bighug:

:talk017::talk017::talk017:

Good syns Linda for the last 2 days. Well done :) So glad Liverbird said about those NAS drinks. Don`t go over the 1.1/2 syns now!!

I am the same as Twinny I don`t like Mackeral either. Do like trout and bass but never think to buy them.

Mmmm I must look up those meatballs of Kathys, got lots of mince in the freezer. Need to keep my frozen meals for Haverhill next week. Apparently the dog is a bit better on the lead now so may get some more body magic in.

Time is getting on so I has best do dinner. Will post food shortly

Love the pics too xx

Food for today

Friday 13th March

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 3 bacon, 2 eggs, mushrooms & tomato.
L: pear
S: co-op mango & passionfruit yog (3) :rolleyes:
banana

D: Home made soup 1/2 hr or so before dinner.
2 Sainsbury burgers, (2) roasted courgette, peppers, mushroom, tomato and onion - & small sliced potato.
2 tbs lt mayo (1) 1/2 tsp dijon mustard (1/2)

Co-op natural yogurt pot (1.1/2)
on 1/2 jelly & frozen berries (3/4)

8. 3/4 syns. I ate all the yogurt,.

The Co-op mango & passionfruit yogurt said 0% fat 140g ......... did nor expect them to be 3syns each. I bought 3 as they were reduced to 15p each.
The lt mayo and dijon mustard made a lovely bit of dressing for the burger.
I may not have the LF Nat yogurt but it only 3/4 syn for 1/2 pot so thought I would put it in anyway.

I have really enjoyed my dinner today.

Had an apple & pear with my fruit tea before bed.

Last edited:
Oh, poor you, Doreen! What a horrible shock! It makes your stomach feel all churned up, anything like that, doesn't it? :( Thank goodness it turned out ok in the end and that you managed to actually speak to someone. Hate all these automated message things!

Well done too, with only putting a tiny amount of weight on. Think, from what you've said previously, when you're in Haverhill this time, you'll be much more prepared. Weren't you freezing some meals to take with you, or have I dreamt that? :)

Lovely to be hearing more of you again, Cloudy Linda and hope things are progressing well for your daughter.

Can't believe how reasonable that mango is in Lidl, Linda! Wow! I'll have to pay them a visit. I love mango! xx

Ah thanks Kathy. Lidl is good for Mango and also pineapples too. Never paid even £1 for a pineapple.

Preparations for Haverhill in the freezer. Chilli con carni, braised beef & carrots, chicken chasseur, spag bol (minus pasta of course) and lots of chicken thighs/drumsticks.

I will be there for 4 nights so a dinner for each night and some chicken maybe for lunch. Have a portion of bns/red pepper soup for each day including Wednesday. Will only have to cook rice for the chilli and chasseur. Plus of course some broccoli or salad.

I have also got some slips from sw class to photocopy and have one per day on DIl`s freezer so I can put down what I am having before I sit down to it. I am not going to mess up this time. Promise to all of us. :D

After I spoke to the lady about parking fine I found the original paper and had written on there when I paid and ref number. Wish I had found that first. Anyway no worries now. But yes, it did make my tubby churn.

Hope you are well Kathy. xx

Yes, fine thanks, Doreen. Especially now it's Friday!! :) Mind you, when I sit down with a sigh on Friday evenings, it doesn't seem five minutes before it's Monday again! Oh well, I won't think about work again yet!

Just caught up on the soaps and am now chilling with Mini's before bed-time.

Can't believe how organised you are with your meals for Haverhill! Well done, you! :) xx

Oh Doreen... what a horrible experience with that parking fine. I'm really pleased to have read through and know its all turned out alright, though it must have left you quite shaken.
You've rallied rather well and I am mighty impressed with your preparations for going to Haverhill, you are so on this!
Brilliant!

Oh, its taken me nearly twenty minutes to write this post lol. I fell asleep twice! Think I'd better hit send and get off to bed or I'll be here all night :rolleyes: xx

Yes, fine thanks, Doreen. Especially now it's Friday!! :) Mind you, when I sit down with a sigh on Friday evenings, it doesn't seem five minutes before it's Monday again! Oh well, I won't think about work again yet!

Just caught up on the soaps and am now chilling with Mini's before bed-time.

Can't believe how organised you are with your meals for Haverhill! Well done, you! :) xx

One - it is a case of needs must, and if food is cooked I get more time to sit down after taking children to schoo and two dog waking sessions before I pick them up.
Two - I hope it will help me to stick to plan.

Oh Doreen... what a horrible experience with that parking fine. I'm really pleased to have read through and know its all turned out alright, though it must have left you quite shaken.
You've rallied rather well and I am mighty impressed with your preparations for going to Haverhill, you are so on this!
Brilliant!

Oh, its taken me nearly twenty minutes to write this post lol. I fell asleep twice! Think I'd better hit send and get off to bed or I'll be here all night :rolleyes: xx

I am glad I am not the only one who falls asleep, not usualy on minis but as soon as I cose the computer id..
That is close the computer lid --- when I am tired I cannot type.

Nightg al. night all xx

Morning ladies and any gents. Woke up at 6am aching. Must have slept funny so got up. Popped in the garden QUIETLY and pulled some old flowers. Very chilli but very refreshing. The aching has gone Hurrah.

Lots to do in the garden and it must be done this weekend as you know I am going away. Mmmm must ask if they have any that needs doing up there, I might find some energy and the dog can run in the garden.

Have put my new sheet on the freezer and have started by putting down my milk. Feeling really positive, now I just have to make it last a week. :rolleyes:

Had nearly all of my milk left from yesterday. Been drinking fruit tea. Yogurt will do the calcium I guess.

I went to Tesco to pick up some back trousers I bought on line £6 only size 20. Do they fit, not quite just another inch, I can pull the zip up. They are not stretchy so that is good for me.

Good for you, Doreen. :) Glad your aches have gone off and that you're feeling positive. A bit of gardening at Havershill will be good Body Magic too. :) Don't go over-doing things though. xx

I went to Tesco to pick up some back trousers I bought on line £6 only size 20. Do they fit, not quite just another inch, I can pull the zip up. They are not stretchy so that is good for me.

OOOH - well done Doreen - you'll be wearing those comfortably v soon! Great to get new clothes esp in smaller size! Are you going to keep a pair of the other sizes - so that you can show them at group how much you've lost when you're at target!!

Morning ladies and any gents. Woke up at 6am aching. Must have slept funny so got up. Popped in the garden QUIETLY and pulled some old flowers. Very chilli but very refreshing. The aching has gone Hurrah.

Lots to do in the garden and it must be done this weekend as you know I am going away. Mmmm must ask if they have any that needs doing up there, I might find some energy and the dog can run in the garden.

Have put my new sheet on the freezer and have started by putting down my milk. Feeling really positive, now I just have to make it last a week. :rolleyes:

Had nearly all of my milk left from yesterday. Been drinking fruit tea. Yogurt will do the calcium I guess.

As Kathy says you're very organised and I can feel your determination from here! So here's to a great week for you Doreen. Regarding calcium - not sure how much we need a day - perhaps you cd ask the nurse/doc when you next go?

I have osteopenia (the precursor to osteoporosis) wouldn't know I have it - no symptoms or anything - but cos my Mum had it - I have a bone scan every 3 years - and I have calcium tabs on prescription.

Good for you, Doreen. :) Glad your aches have gone off and that you're feeling positive. A bit of gardening at Havershill will be good Body Magic too. :) Don't go over-doing things though. xx

Kathy - we had the easy pork and chorizo meatballs again last night - they're so easy to make, went down very well and seem like off plan food so thx again for all your hard work! Chicken is defrosting for 2 lots of sticky chilli chicken - taking a leaf from Doreen's book and cooking in advance! Hope you're having a good weekend. xx

Last edited:
Back