NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Thanks Ann. I didn`t go to bed till 2am. Watching Broadchurch on tv which I recorded at the beginning if the year and could not get into. Last night I didn`t want to leave it. Went to bed at 2am. Up at 9am so not too bad.
Just had breakfast then will plant the bedding plants I bought yesterday.

Hope you too have a good day.

So sorry to hear that, Linda. Glad the doctor will be visiting tomorrow. I hope you both manage to sleep well tonight. Take care. xx

Sorry to hear about you day not being good Linda. Hopefully you will get some help/advice from the Doctor.
If you read this tonight, have a good sleep, if in the morning hope you slept ok. ;)

Sunday 10th May. Home

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs, 1/2 tin beans cheese xtra slice.
L: 2 apples.
D: 1/2 melon, chicken thighs, cauli. broc. processed peas. 200g boiled spud. gravy grans.
Supper. ham sarni. cheese. 2 satsumas

1 bread - 2.5
1/2 triangle cheese 0.5
gravy grans - 2
2 bread - 5
cheese - 3

syns 13 - 36/45

Sorry to hear about Mil ..hope the dr goes out tomorrow ..it's awful seeing them like this ...hope you manage to get some restful sleep xx
Good night xx

Thanks ladies - yes surprisingly we did sleep but we were talking about the situation until late last night so we were tired. It is tough, partly cos it's hard to know how hard to push food, drinks and MiL's meds - as you all say hopefully the doc will throw some light on the way forward. Hard too that MiL has 6 children all married and several retired, and only Phil and his sister visit regularly with his sister doing lots of the care. Phil's there now for when the doc calls but I couldn't go cos I need to Poppy up from school. Hope you all have a good day. xxx

Hope the doctor's visit went well, Linda. I always think that's really sad when 'children' don't visit their parents. We do tend to take Pete's mum out quite a lot and away for one week each year. Sometimes Pete says he just wants us to go out and I can understand that, with him only having half a day off on Saturday and Sunday off. Some of that is taken up with doing his book keeping and you wouldn't believe the number of pupils who forget when their lesson is, so he has to text them back. Sometimes it's like they think he works round the clock, just for their benefit! Also, with him being in the car all week, he doesn't always want to go out again during the hours he is at home. I do say to him though (his Mum is 84) that he won't always be able to take his Mum out and that's why I think we should make the effort. She doesn't drive either and lives on her own so I guess it must be lonely for her. It's good that Phil and his sister visit. :)

I loved Broadchurch, Doreen. It was quite involved, I know but thought it was really good. I've just watched the re-run of Critchley Hall too, with Suranne Jones in it. Absolutely loved that! I Googled where the creepy house was they used and it turns out it's at Chapel en le Frith, which is just up the road from where we work. It's actually up for sale at the moment so I had a nosey on Right Move! :D

The weather has been a bit better here today and the sun is shining at the moment. :) Hoping Cloudy Linda is ok. Don't think I've seen any posts from her lately. xx

Hope the doctor's visit went well, Linda. I always think that's really sad when 'children' don't visit their parents. We do tend to take Pete's mum out quite a lot and away for one week each year. Sometimes Pete says he just wants us to go out and I can understand that, with him only having half a day off on Saturday and Sunday off. Some of that is taken up with doing his book keeping and you wouldn't believe the number of pupils who forget when their lesson is, so he has to text them back. Sometimes it's like they think he works round the clock, just for their benefit! Also, with him being in the car all week, he doesn't always want to go out again during the hours he is at home. I do say to him though (his Mum is 84) that he won't always be able to take his Mum out and that's why I think we should make the effort. She doesn't drive either and lives on her own so I guess it must be lonely for her. It's good that Phil and his sister visit. :)

I loved Broadchurch, Doreen. It was quite involved, I know but thought it was really good. I've just watched the re-run of Critchley Hall too, with Suranne Jones in it. Absolutely loved that! I Googled where the creepy house was they used and it turns out it's at Chapel en le Frith, which is just up the road from where we work. It's actually up for sale at the moment so I had a nosey on Right Move! :D

The weather has been a bit better here today and the sun is shining at the moment. :) Hoping Cloudy Linda is ok. Don't think I've seen any posts from her lately. xx

I watched Suranne Jones too. Wow the house being just up the rosd. It has been a while so could not remember it all. I am sorry that I have finished Broadchurch now but still habe the American one to watch. I am going to wait till I have recorded the rest bedore I carry on

Not been out today and the day has been long and I am hungry. I have planted the bedding plants I bought yesterday, Just housework other than that.

Guess I should go out and water the plants. I am tired so maybe an early night. Have a guy coming to look at the covering on the shed roof at 9 so will have to be up and dressed before then.

Enjoy the evening

Monday 11th May ................. home

hexa 20g lf cheddar .150ml 1% milk hexb bread

B: 1 toast, few beans & 1 egg. Coffee.
L: 2 egg & toms on 2 bread. raspberries
D: Chicken breast chicken flavoured rice. Toms, sweetcorn
cheese and tomato on 2 toast
raspberries. 2 apples satsumas

Syns .................................13.5
1 bread 2.5.
pkt chicken flavour rice - 3.0
2 bread - 5
20g lf cheese - 3

49.5/60

still hungry

It's ok Linda back to work on Monday 

Glad your toe's better of course :) but if you're working next week - we won't be able to meet up at Broughton!! :cry:xxx

I'm sure Pete's Mum appreciates your visits and outings - it is hard working for yourself esp Pete's long and sometimes 'anti social' as in addition to the 'job' as you say there's all the admin to do too - you'd think ppl wd remember their appointments wdn't you? Phil worked for himself for 34 years - so I know how hard that is sometimes and I guess winding down the business will involve more work. ;)

We were the same with Phil's Mum not so long ago - we both worked a minimum of 10 hour days and we were both travelling and sometimes staying away on business - so it was tough going to visit esp on the days it wasn't appreciated!!

Yes it is sad when family don't visit - MiL has always been a difficult woman - but Phils sister, hubby, Phil and I cdn't just leave her on her own - the doc was very helpful today - he prescribed additional anti-b's for her chest, agreed she needs extra care but he said we need to accept that as she deteriorates - the next step will have to be residential care to meet all her needs. Plus he's doing a mental health assessment on Friday.

On a lighter note when Phil arrived at his Mum's house this morning, she was rather down but when the doc arrived Phil said she brightened up immediately and was almost flirting with him - so lots of life in her yet!!

Phil and I managed an hour's woodland walk in between everything this morning b4 he went to his Mum's.

Then after school Poppy asked if her friend cd come for tea - they play well together and are no bother so we said yes - then Phil suggested we ate out at the local pub - so in the end the day turned out a lot nicer than we expected.

I haven't really been on plan but haven't gone too mad either - I had a boiled egg & toast for b'fast, can't remember lunch! a children's pub meal of fish, chips and peas and ice cream for pud - portions are quite small compared to my usual meals but satisfied my appetite - so need to learn from that ;)

So all in all the day ended better than we expected it to!! xx

Hope you get some helpful news from the Doctor today Linda.

Thanks Doreen - you can see above that the day went better than we expected - hope you had a good one! xx

Monday 11th May ................. home

hexa 20g lf cheddar .150ml 1% milk hexb bread

B: 1 toast, few beans & 1 egg. Coffee.
L: 2 egg & toms on 2 bread. raspberries
D: Chicken breast chicken flavoured rice. Toms, sweetcorn
cheese and tomato on 2 toast
raspberries. 2 apples satsumas

Syns .................................13.5
1 bread 2.5.
pkt chicken flavour rice - 3.0
2 bread - 5
20g lf cheese - 3

49.5/60

still hungry

A nice day's food Doreen but sorry you were hungry - that happens to me sometimes - I wonder why our appetite changes so much? I hope you either found some 'free' food things to eat - or you went to bed early!! xx

Morning Doreen and anyone popping in early - Kathy will be at work having been up since the crack of sparrows I expect! I'm going to try again today - here's my plan for the day:

B: boiled egg and toast HEB
L: soup bread HEB, cheese HEA - as it's a red day
D: lamb, broccoli, kale and cabbage from the garden (not been a good winter for my veg :() maybe some potatoes if I need them.

Snacks: fruit and yog if I need something extra

part HEA - ss milk in tea/coffee, fruit teas and water

Think I will have syns to keep me on the straight and narrow - hope everyone has an on plan day too, xx

Ooh I keep forgetting to post this - I picked it up from another thread - presume ppl are happy to share these things - I've left a note to say thanks to the person who posted it!

ONLY ONE POUND

Hello,do you know me? If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat, And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
Want to know why?
It's because no one ever wants to lose me;

I'm ONLY 1 POUND, just a pound!
Everyone wants to lose 3 pounds, 5 pounds, or 15 pounds, but never only 1.
So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.
That is, until I've grown to 10, 20, 30 or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, it's FUN being ONLY 1 POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.
So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."
For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.
And, I love being around you - your Arms, your Legs, your Chin, your Hips, your Belly and every part of you.
After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

I'm sure Pete's Mum appreciates your visits and outings - it is hard working for yourself esp Pete's long and sometimes 'anti social' as in addition to the 'job' as you say there's all the admin to do too - you'd think ppl wd remember their appointments wdn't you? Phil worked for himself for 34 years - so I know how hard that is sometimes and I guess winding down the business will involve more work. ;)

We were the same with Phil's Mum not so long ago - we both worked a minimum of 10 hour days and we were both travelling and sometimes staying away on business - so it was tough going to visit esp on the days it wasn't appreciated!!

Yes it is sad when family don't visit - MiL has always been a difficult woman - but Phils sister, hubby, Phil and I cdn't just leave her on her own - the doc was very helpful today - he prescribed additional anti-b's for her chest, agreed she needs extra care but he said we need to accept that as she deteriorates - the next step will have to be residential care to meet all her needs. Plus he's doing a mental health assessment on Friday.

On a lighter note when Phil arrived at his Mum's house this morning, she was rather down but when the doc arrived Phil said she brightened up immediately and was almost flirting with him - so lots of life in her yet!!

Phil and I managed an hour's woodland walk in between everything this morning b4 he went to his Mum's.

Then after school Poppy asked if her friend cd come for tea - they play well together and are no bother so we said yes - then Phil suggested we ate out at the local pub - so in the end the day turned out a lot nicer than we expected.

I haven't really been on plan but haven't gone too mad either - I had a boiled egg & toast for b'fast, can't remember lunch! a children's pub meal of fish, chips and peas and ice cream for pud - portions are quite small compared to my usual meals but satisfied my appetite - so need to learn from that ;)

So all in all the day ended better than we expected it to!! xx

So glad to here that Linda. You needed the day to finish off nicely.
Maybe you will get a bit more info after the test on Friday.
Fish and chips. I can smell them from the local chippy even when it is not open. :rolleyes:
I do hope MIL can stay at home even tho it is difficult when help does not come from all quarters.
I for one would rather live in a NICE carehome than live with family.

Hey good ol` MIL flirting with the doctor, still life in her yet. :)

Thanks Doreen - you can see above that the day went better than we expected - hope you had a good one! xx

That is good.

A nice day's food Doreen but sorry you were hungry - that happens to me sometimes - I wonder why our appetite changes so much? I hope you either found some 'free' food things to eat - or you went to bed early!! xx

I had a couple of apples and a large coffee. Then the hunger went away.

Last edited:
I had a couple of apples and a large coffee. Then the hunger went away.

Well done Doreen - you're really showing me how much willpower you have right now aren't you? Well done - I've been fine up to now - hope I haven't juinxed myself now!! xx

Made me laugh, Linda, about the pound of fat AND about Phil's mum being a flirt with the doc!! :D Didn't realise, either, that she could be hard work! Oh, dear. Must admit, Pete's mum is usually fine and still very mobile so that's good.

Fingers crossed you make it to the end of the day on plan, then that'll, hopefully, give you the incentive for tomorrow. Glad yesterday turned out so well. :)

I'm pleased you could contain your hunger pangs, Doreen. I've been a bit like that this week. Mind you, it doesn't help when the cook at school presents all the Yr. 6 children with freshly baked biscuits, as a treat, each time they finish a SATS test! I nearly caved in today, and would have done, if the teacher I work with, whilst handing each member of staff involved in the tests a biscuit each, swerved round me, saying, 'I know, I know. You don't want one!' Little did she know, I would've had one today! Phew! That was a close shave!! :D

Off to make paprika pork for tea now. Pete always says he doesn't like pork but, as I've just said in a text to Amy, I bet he asks for seconds! He always does, without realising what it is! :D

Glad you did your bedding plants, Doreen. Fancy popping round to do some for me?! :)

Glad your toe's better, Ann. :) xx

Well done Doreen - you're really showing me how much willpower you have right now aren't you? Well done - I've been fine up to now - hope I haven't juinxed myself now!! xx

I do hope you haven`t. Hope the rest of the day goes good for you.

The trouble with eating so much fruit, none of it is cheap. I have been buying from the co-op. Not that it is cheaper because it definitely is not but I don`t spend as much as I would going to Tesco.

I walked down to the library today then sat in there scanning different books on diabetes and diets just to waste some time so as not to eat.

Gonna have a coffee then make a start on dinner.

Well done that teacher. That happens to me sometimes. A sort of I know you don`t want one with a little look of maybe. My Dil always asks me if I want say cake as tho I should not have it. I have tried to get her not to offer to me and said that if I want a piece I will say so. I suppose she feels awkward when others are there.

Lots of catching up here. Doreen you really put me to shame with your amazing willpower, you've really been good lately.
Kathy, that was a bit of luck with the cookies as you were about to succumb.

Linda, hard to believe the similarities with your mil.aybe we should put them somewhere together

I've been upndowning weight wise, to borrow your name. Down four lbs last week but will be up a bit by Friday, when it's also our wedding anniversary and we're out for a meal. Not stressing overly though, it's kind of under control even when not on plan. X

Well done that teacher. That happens to me sometimes. A sort of I know you don`t want one with a little look of maybe. My Dil always asks me if I want say cake as tho I should not have it. I have tried to get her not to offer to me and said that if I want a piece I will say so. I suppose she feels awkward when others are there.

I'd rather take my cake and eat it Doreen - hee-hee! Glad Minis is back on - but we're off out for a bit - will come back later xx

Lots of catching up here. Doreen you really put me to shame with your amazing willpower, you've really been good lately.
Kathy, that was a bit of luck with the cookies as you were about to succumb.

Linda, hard to believe the similarities with your mil.aybe we should put them somewhere together 

I've been upndowning weight wise, to borrow your name. Down four lbs last week but will be up a bit by Friday, when it's also our wedding anniversary and we're out for a meal. Not stressing overly though, it's kind of under control even when not on plan. X

Lovely to see you here and hope things are improving for you - Yes Doreen and Kathy are doing soo well - the Lindas are letting Team Doreen down - but know Doreen and Kathy don't feel like that and are here to support us - but how odd we're in sync again! Since yesterday I'm trying to eat healthily and if I can be on SW plan I will but if I have too many syns I'm not going to fret as long as I'm not bingeing!! So that's another similarity between us - we're both 'kind of under control!@ you're braver than me - I'm hiding from the scales - hope today pans out well for you xx

Back