NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Morning/Afternoon ladies. Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday. :)

Yes, Linda - Amy did her first degree about 25 minutes drive from us at Keele University. Even though it was close by, on the advice of a tutor, she stayed there so she could be a part of the whole Uni experience. On the day Pete and I left her there, I was determined I wasn't going to cry and I held it together until the last moment then, when I hugged her for the final time, I started blubbing! Amy said, 'Mother! I'll see you next weekend!' :D There we were, amidst lots of foreign students and some of their parents, from as far away as China!! :) It was just that I thought, even though I knew I'd see her every weekend (it sometimes worked out more often than that, especially when she was running out of food!), that things would never be quite the same again and that she'd never be moving back home. That was about six years ago and she's lived with us ever since, before her move up to Aberdeen last September! :D

Yes, I would have been interested in horse riding and used to go on hacks with Amy and Pete but I have rheumatoid arthritis throughout my body, which began when I was 37, so since then I've only been a few times. The last hack was one I went on with Amy, a few years ago and we rode through Cannock Chase, a beautiful area in Staffordshire. It was a glorious sunny day and everywhere looked fantastic. It was only an hour's hack but, by the time we returned to the yard, my knees felt achy and stiff so I had to ask for a mounting block to get off!! I'm sure no-one else really thought anything but, as they all just slid down, I felt really conspicuous, embarrassed and very achy! Since then, I've never really fancied it.

I knew I'd spell Tal y Llyn wrong!! :D The Rectory on the Lake was, I think, across the lake from where we stayed but I've seen it on the website and it looks lovely! We just stumbled across the little B+B that we stayed in. Long story short - we'd booked in to a place that turned out to be horrible, somewhere in South Wales and, after trying to get in elsewhere, unsuccessfully, had decided to go home. It was a beautiful, sunny day and we were both feeling really fed up when, having driven just past the lake, we noticed a sign for Afternoon Tea so decided we may as well stop off for some refreshment. It was while we were being served that we told the lady whose place it was, what had happened and she said she had a room we could take a look at. Well, it was absolutely gorgeous and, after unpacking, I strolled into the small courtyard overlooking the lake and looked up into the lovely blue sky, with the sun beaming down on me and Cader Idris dominating the skyline and just felt wonderful! It truly was like a little piece of heaven on earth. Perfect! The couple who ran it were such lovely people too. There were only two bedrooms so it was all very personable. We also went the following year and would have gone several years later but, unfortunately, it had closed. I think it was a short time after the floods had affected part of Wales, so whether they had also been affected or maybe they'd just had enough, I don't know. Jeff, her husband, is a cameraman for the BBC, so was away quite a lot. Don't know if this played a part towards it shutting down. We still look out for his name, whenever we watch Songs of Praise, as he often films for them. Whenever I think back to those two holidays, it always gives me a lovely, warm feeling. Loved it!

Wow! Poppy is even braver than I thought! Funnily enough, the B+B couple I've been raving about, also join in the Eisteddford, as Rhiann plays the harp. In fact, they used to give Welsh Afternoons in their converted cow barn, where she would play the harp beautifully, whilst Jeff handed round the Bara Brith! :)

You obviously needed that rest, yesterday afternoon, Linda. It's surprising how an illness can really take it out of you, isn't it? At least you got some of your gardening done. A bit cloudy here today but dry, at the moment. It was a nice sunny day yesterday though and got lots of washing dry. Hope Doreen is enjoying her break away with her sister. Very quiet without her though! Take that however you like! :D

Right, I'd better get off here now. I only popped on to check on a recipes, then started responding to various comments on different threads! That was about 40 minutes ago!! No doubt 'speak' later. Enjoy your day. xx

Have managed to read all the comments here but no way can respond individually. Loving the 'Wales' tales ;)
I've posted an update on my diary, things are up and down here but on the whole better than this time last week. About to get manic, I keep telling myself, in a month things should be much easier!
Love to all, I don't get much time but I love reading all your posts. Back as and when, I'm being called :rolls eyes: xx

Have managed to read all the comments here but no way can respond individually. Loving the 'Wales' tales ;)
I've posted an update on my diary, things are up and down here but on the whole better than this time last week. About to get manic, I keep telling myself, in a month things should be much easier!
Love to all, I don't get much time but I love reading all your posts. Back as and when, I'm being called :rolls eyes: xx

Nice to see you here - glad that things are improving - I'm up to date with your thread (I think!) can see it's going to be a busy 3 weeks now - but after that I hope you get that break you're considering!! xx

Morning/Afternoon ladies. Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday. :)

Yes, Linda - Amy did her first degree about 25 minutes drive from us at Keele University. Even though it was close by, on the advice of a tutor, she stayed there so she could be a part of the whole Uni experience. On the day Pete and I left her there, I was determined I wasn't going to cry and I held it together until the last moment then, when I hugged her for the final time, I started blubbing! Amy said, 'Mother! I'll see you next weekend!' :D There we were, amidst lots of foreign students and some of their parents, from as far away as China!! :) It was just that I thought, even though I knew I'd see her every weekend (it sometimes worked out more often than that, especially when she was running out of food!), that things would never be quite the same again and that she'd never be moving back home. That was about six years ago and she's lived with us ever since, before her move up to Aberdeen last September! :D

Yes, I would have been interested in horse riding and used to go on hacks with Amy and Pete but I have rheumatoid arthritis throughout my body, which began when I was 37, so since then I've only been a few times. The last hack was one I went on with Amy, a few years ago and we rode through Cannock Chase, a beautiful area in Staffordshire. It was a glorious sunny day and everywhere looked fantastic. It was only an hour's hack but, by the time we returned to the yard, my knees felt achy and stiff so I had to ask for a mounting block to get off!! I'm sure no-one else really thought anything but, as they all just slid down, I felt really conspicuous, embarrassed and very achy! Since then, I've never really fancied it.

I knew I'd spell Tal y Llyn wrong!! :D The Rectory on the Lake was, I think, across the lake from where we stayed but I've seen it on the website and it looks lovely! We just stumbled across the little B+B that we stayed in. Long story short - we'd booked in to a place that turned out to be horrible, somewhere in South Wales and, after trying to get in elsewhere, unsuccessfully, had decided to go home. It was a beautiful, sunny day and we were both feeling really fed up when, having driven just past the lake, we noticed a sign for Afternoon Tea so decided we may as well stop off for some refreshment. It was while we were being served that we told the lady whose place it was, what had happened and she said she had a room we could take a look at. Well, it was absolutely gorgeous and, after unpacking, I strolled into the small courtyard overlooking the lake and looked up into the lovely blue sky, with the sun beaming down on me and Cader Idris dominating the skyline and just felt wonderful! It truly was like a little piece of heaven on earth. Perfect! The couple who ran it were such lovely people too. There were only two bedrooms so it was all very personable. We also went the following year and would have gone several years later but, unfortunately, it had closed. I think it was a short time after the floods had affected part of Wales, so whether they had also been affected or maybe they'd just had enough, I don't know. Jeff, her husband, is a cameraman for the BBC, so was away quite a lot. Don't know if this played a part towards it shutting down. We still look out for his name, whenever we watch Songs of Praise, as he often films for them. Whenever I think back to those two holidays, it always gives me a lovely, warm feeling. Loved it!

Wow! Poppy is even braver than I thought! Funnily enough, the B+B couple I've been raving about, also join in the Eisteddford, as Rhiann plays the harp. In fact, they used to give Welsh Afternoons in their converted cow barn, where she would play the harp beautifully, whilst Jeff handed round the Bara Brith! :)

You obviously needed that rest, yesterday afternoon, Linda. It's surprising how an illness can really take it out of you, isn't it? At least you got some of your gardening done. A bit cloudy here today but dry, at the moment. It was a nice sunny day yesterday though and got lots of washing dry. Hope Doreen is enjoying her break away with her sister. Very quiet without her though! Take that however you like! :D

Right, I'd better get off here now. I only popped on to check on a recipes, then started responding to various comments on different threads! That was about 40 minutes ago!! No doubt 'speak' later. Enjoy your day. xx

Ah I smiled reading your story about leaving Amy at Keele - it is hard and it's also and end of an era (not ear as I first typed!!) isn't it? When our eldest did his first degree - we all took him to his accommodation - but as we were driving away - one of his brother's said - he looks very sad - we'd better turn round and stay with him a bit longer!!

That's hard that you have rheumatoid arthritis so badly - does it trouble you daily or do you have meds to manage the pain - I have osteoarthritis - my hands are worst affected but I take turmeric.

It's so disappointing when you're unhappy with accommodation isn't it - so I'm glad you found somewhere nice on the way home - funny how things turn out sometimes - just when you stopped for afternoon tea :)

Yes we're missing Doreen aren't we? I think I will have to forbid her going anywhere in future unless she's able to post to us at least once a day on Minis!! I'll get told off for that - but it's only cos we NEED regular contact Doreen!! :missing: Hopefully she'll be back 2moro - hope you don't think that's selfish Doreen - bet you want to spend as much time as poss with your sister - I'm sure you've had a good time with her.

I've been in the garden for hours this weekend - we cleared the shed out yesterday - it really was a tip! So I can actually find things now!! I'd sown so many seeds in trays and pots and many needed to be planted but it's been too cold up to now - but I got the peas in with their support sticks and the beans and their cane 'wigwams' I'd never done that b4 so I looked up how to do it on the net - how did we manage without it? I found it a bit fiddly so it took ages!

With Linda C's advice I have about 100 basil plants (I've never had much success with them so always so much more than I need!) what a pity we all don't live closer together - I could share them out! I have lots of plants to put in - I may have to do a night shift at this rate!

I don't have a large garden so I try to make the veg area look tidy and pretty it up with flowers - I now have loads of little flower plants to put in too - the summer will probably be drawing to a close as I get the last plant in!! Hope everyone has a good Monday xx

Last edited:
Afternoon everyone. Got home today at 3pm. Lots and lots of rain for most of the 125 miles I was driving. Had a really good time with my sister Janet. We could not go out without the dogs as one is not well. We usually go round craft shops etc.
Apart from visiting my sister Val for a couple of hours and a couple of walk with the dogs we stayed home.

Sat and Sun evening we watched 4 episodes of Vera from the beginning. We both really like it.l We sat and sewed while we were watching it. Just a very lazy weekend and I loved it.

Will catch up on all the gossip either later or tomorrow.

Here follows my food from Friday until lunch today. No syns counted and put it on my phone at the end of each day to remind me what I had had. With my sisters help too.

Friday 15th May - Mon 18th May at Sisters house.

Fri
B: 2 toast beans
L: 2 White bread 800g loaf toasted with lots cheese.
D: Jacket spuds mixed with tuna, marg, bacon with beans on the side.
frozen berries & icecream

Sat
B: 2 eggs mushrooms 2 wm toast cooked in oil. Banana later.
D: at another sisters house
Savoury rice with chorizo. chicken in breadcrumbs. salad with apple & dressing
Lemon tart & icecream
L: ham sarni, banana & pear. Frozen berries & yogurt
Eve. coffee & 2 biscuits/

Sun
B: 3 wm bread, banana
L: 2 wm bread & cheese, beans on side.
D: Pork chop coated in stuffing. broc, carrots little gravy.
Melon raspberries & 2 mullers.
Eve. coffee & 2 biscuits.

Mon.
B: 2 wm bread & banana
Coffee & biscuit before going
L: Banana & 2 pears on the road
D: 3 sausages, potatoes. onion gravy broc & beans or peas.
Mullerlight & pears.

Did not go to weigh in on Friday. My scales were not good said 1lb on - I did eat 6 mullers before bed - So I did not bother to go. I could not face it. I would not usually do that but I did not want to start my weekend with a negative.

When I weighed Friday before breakfast my scales said 16.1 this pm they say 15.12. Before dinner. The bottom of my legs are so thin. I have had bad cramp in the night so I must have been losing water. Up 4-5 times in the nights. My sister who is slim could not believe how thin my ankles were.

Why? ?? different food and smaller portions maybe. Who knows. Lets wee what happens in the morning after eating my dinner tonight.

Last edited:
Yay! You're back, Doreen!! :) That's only from our point of view, of course! So glad you had such a lovely time. I could just picture you both there, with your sewing, watching Vera and having a good, old natter! What a shame about the weather though. Still, no doubt you'll do it again, sometime soon. I think you were right not to weigh on Friday. I know what you mean about maybe starting the weekend off on a negative. Still, your food looks quite restrained so, maybe the scales will be good to you at your next weigh-in.

As you can see, we tried to keep your thread buzzing but, without you, it just wasn't the same. Glad to have you back with us. :) xx

Hi Linda. Sounds like you've been extremely busy in the garden! Every time I cook with basil now, I think of Cloudy Linda! Now I'll be thinking of you, too! :D Sorry to hear about your osteoarthritis. Glad it doesn't seem to affect your gardening though. I must admit, my arthritis is very well controlled. I just have the occasional flare up. It came on really suddenly and took quite a while to diagnose. I just had a painful neck one day and then it just went from my jaw, downwards. I couldn't believe it! But, yes, most of the time I don't know I have it but to take up riding lessons with Pete would be a step too far! When he shows me the kind of exercises he has to do, whilst on the horse, there is no way I could be so bendy! :D

It's been pretty horrible here all day today and I think it's supposed to be the same tomorrow. :(

Forgot to say, I lost 1lb yesterday, which I was eventually ok with. When I weighed myself in the morning, I thought I'd lost 2lb but, when I entered it on the SW website progress graph, I realised it was only one! Ah, well. Better off than on but it's always such a slow process with me. Before I know it, the Aussies will be here and then the unhealthy eating will begin!! :eek: Anyway, enough moaning and I'll no doubt catch up with all the gossip later! :) xx

Thank you Kathy. We had Sat & Sun as nice weather but I would rather have had the rain then than on the way home. It was like driving in fog on the M11 it was so bad. I got home in 2.3/4 hrs so that was not too bad. Only stopped for 10mins to get petrol. So pleased you lost a pound.

Thanks, Doreen. :) Oh, glad you had good weather then. I must have read it wrong. I absolutely hate driving in the pouring rain. Think you're very brave to go that far on your own too. Maybe I'm just a driving wimp! :D Have a relaxing evening. xx

Hi Linda. Sounds like you've been extremely busy in the garden! Every time I cook with basil now, I think of Cloudy Linda! Now I'll be thinking of you, too! :D Sorry to hear about your osteoarthritis. Glad it doesn't seem to affect your gardening though. I must admit, my arthritis is very well controlled. I just have the occasional flare up. It came on really suddenly and took quite a while to diagnose. I just had a painful neck one day and then it just went from my jaw, downwards. I couldn't believe it! But, yes, most of the time I don't know I have it but to take up riding lessons with Pete would be a step too far! When he shows me the kind of exercises he has to do, whilst on the horse, there is no way I could be so bendy! :D

It's been pretty horrible here all day today and I think it's supposed to be the same tomorrow. :(

Forgot to say, I lost 1lb yesterday, which I was eventually ok with. When I weighed myself in the morning, I thought I'd lost 2lb but, when I entered it on the SW website progress graph, I realised it was only one! Ah, well. Better off than on but it's always such a slow process with me. Before I know it, the Aussies will be here and then the unhealthy eating will begin!! :eek: Anyway, enough moaning and I'll no doubt catch up with all the gossip later! :) xx

Hi - I'm glad your arthritis is under control - I could never go horse riding - I prefer them to be at a safe viewing distance! Well done on the pound loss - they all mount up but I know what you mean - we all want more - well not me at the mo - just can't seem to get down to it - but at least I'm not bingeing!!

Yes your friends will be here - if you're like me - you'll to be looking your slimmest - but I bet your friends just want to see you and have your company!!

Your weather seems to have matched ours - there were quite a few times when the rain stopped but the wind and cloud hung around - so we cleared out aspare bedroom (or shd I say the dumping ground!!) we filled a few bags for the charity stuff - but still ended up with MORE STUFF for the attic - bet we'll never use even half of it again tho! Then we moved a bookcase and managed to say goodbye to a pile of books - more for the charity shop! So we were quite pleased with ourselves as that job had needed doing for ages!! Have a good day 2moro xx

Afternoon everyone. Got home today at 3pm. Lots and lots of rain for most of the 125 miles I was driving. Had a really good time with my sister Janet. We could not go out without the dogs as one is not well. We usually go round craft shops etc.
Apart from visiting my sister Val for a couple of hours and a couple of walk with the dogs we stayed home.

Sat and Sun evening we watched 4 episodes of Vera from the beginning. We both really like it.l We sat and sewed while we were watching it. Just a very lazy weekend and I loved it.

Will catch up on all the gossip either later or tomorrow.

Here follows my food from Friday until lunch today. No syns counted and put it on my phone at the end of each day to remind me what I had had. With my sisters help too.

Friday 15th May - Mon 18th May at Sisters house.

Fri
B: 2 toast beans
L: 2 White bread 800g loaf toasted with lots cheese.
D: Jacket spuds mixed with tuna, marg, bacon with beans on the side.
frozen berries & icecream

Sat
B: 2 eggs mushrooms 2 wm toast cooked in oil. Banana later.
D: at another sisters house
Savoury rice with chorizo. chicken in breadcrumbs. salad with apple & dressing
Lemon tart & icecream
L: ham sarni, banana & pear. Frozen berries & yogurt
Eve. coffee & 2 biscuits/

Sun
B: 3 wm bread, banana
L: 2 wm bread & cheese, beans on side.
D: Pork chop coated in stuffing. broc, carrots little gravy.
Melon raspberries & 2 mullers.
Eve. coffee & 2 biscuits.

Mon.
B: 2 wm bread & banana
Coffee & biscuit before going
L: Banana & 2 pears on the road
D: 3 sausages, potatoes. onion gravy broc & beans or peas.
Mullerlight & pears.

Did not go to weigh in on Friday. My scales were not good said 1lb on - I did eat 6 mullers before bed - So I did not bother to go. I could not face it. I would not usually do that but I did not want to start my weekend with a negative.

When I weighed Friday before breakfast my scales said 16.1 this pm they say 15.12. Before dinner. The bottom of my legs are so thin. I have had bad cramp in the night so I must have been losing water. Up 4-5 times in the nights. My sister who is slim could not believe how thin my ankles were.

Why? ?? different food and smaller portions maybe. Who knows. Lets wee what happens in the morning after eating my dinner tonight.

Welcome home Doreen :greenapple::bananalove::wee::banana dancer::party0011::bunnydance: as you'll read 2moro - Kathy and I missed you and your thread didn't feel quite the same either!!

I was glad to hear you'd have such a lovely time with your sister - but sorry to hear that the journey home was so difficult - I'm not keen driving in the rain -especially on the motorways - so well done for that.

Great the scales are down today - very puzzling with your weight variations - I don't blame you for not going to class on Friday either - it could be water tho.

I envy your slim ankles :) mine are thick as tree trunks - I think they call them cankles cos you can't tell where the calf ends and the ankle starts!! Wonder if the smaller portions made a difference?

I hope you're not upndown again in the night tonight - looking forward to catching up with you again 2moro - it's lovely to have you back xx

I love having a good clear out, Linda. When we moved here, ten years ago, we cleared absolutely loads of stuff out. Like you, most went to the charity shop. Have a good evening and a lovely day tomorrow. xx

Food for todayTuesday 19th May.

hexa s/milk hexa 2 bread

B: 2 toast 2 eggs 1/2 tin baked beans
L: FF yogurt banana raspberries. White options
D: 4 sausages, spuds, broc, peas. oxo/onion gravy tom puree
Melon & yogurt.

Syns .......................................Total 6
Sainsbury sausages - 4
Options - 2

I love having a good clear out, Linda. When we moved here, ten years ago, we cleared absolutely loads of stuff out. Like you, most went to the charity shop. Have a good evening and a lovely day tomorrow. xx

Just read this - a busy day today so not much time for Minis :cry:Yes it is a good feeling to get things sorted - still more to do here - but other things on today - and I can only face 'clear outs' every now and again - too much routine stuff needs doing doesn't it plus the garden in the summer! xx

Hi Ann and everyone else! :) Nothing much to report today - just work! :S xx

Well I'm sure it's tiring working with children - are they getting weary/excited as the half term breaks nears? I'm sure all the staff look forward to the break too! xx

Food for todayTuesday 19th May.

hexa s/milk hexa 2 bread

B: 2 toast 2 eggs 1/2 tin baked beans
L: FF yogurt banana raspberries. White options
D: 4 sausages, spuds, broc, peas. oxo/onion gravy tom puree
Melon & yogurt.

Syns .......................................Total 6
Sainsbury sausages - 4
Options - 2

Only just had the chance to come here now - a really busy day - you've been quiet too - are you tired after your trip I wonder or catching up on things? Either way - you've done really well today - putting me to shame although I haven't gone mad today.

With you having lost after being at your sisters that's another really good week - I hope the scales give you the result you deserve on Friday. Take care Doreen and I hope to be here earlier 2moro xx

Popped in to say Good Morning all - nothing much to report from my last post as I was so late getting to Minis yesterday. It's cloudy, breezy and cool here today - but I have a few things to do today - food shop, bits and bobs shopping etc.

Sending a :bighug:for Doreen just in case you need it - you've been a bit quiet since coming back - which is understandable I know after that long drive in bad weather, hope you're ok but friends can send hugs anytime can't they?

I'm meeting a friend for a meal tonight :eek: (my friend's lovely - the frightening thing is what I'll eat!!) I plan to have steak, salad and veg - started doing that cos it suited SW but now I've come to really like it and don't even fancy chips and the other high syn stuff. But...... can't see me not having dessert - we're both sweeties!!

I've had a one sausage sarnie no butter and an apple for b'fast, I've made a butternut squash soup for lunch - will have 1 yogurt and fruit if I need a snack - so if I can keep to that loose plan - I hope I'll be ok! And hope you all are too!

Then we have my youngest son, his partner and a nephew over at the weekend - one of their friends is getting married - so more food.

Then we're away for a few nights in S Wales to watch Poppy's big moment at the Urdd Eisteddfod and visit the family there - so more food!! The school is putting on a show on tomorrow night where we'll see all the children's performances for the Urdd Eisteddfod. Like Faye and Flynn's shows, and I'm sure at Kathy's school - it's lovely to see young children's enjoyment & talent at their events - and all the hard work by the staff is amazing :clap: (special claps for Kathy's efforts - even tho' I've not seen the evidence - somehow I just know you work very hard x)

Poppy's drama group were supposed to be having a dress rehearsal yesterday - she stayed over the night before - and just as we were leaving the house to go to school - she told me she need her hair in a bun! I have shortish hair and don't have anything here to do that, or the skills either - so I dashed to the corner shop for grips, then struggled to put her hair up - she said the first effort looked like 2 snails on top of each other - she wasn't wrong either!! So Phil looked up 'putting hair up' on that video website - and that worked - it was 9.20 when I got her to school tho'. Her bun stayed in all day - but when we picked her up - she had a face like a fiddle - they didn't have the rehearsal!!

Well I must dash now - I'll be back later to see how you're all doing - have a good day xx

Last edited:
Thanks for the hug Linda. I am good now but have been feeling a bit despondent. I think I am missing the company I had at the weekend. When I leave the children it is nice for a rest, but I had a restful weekend sp it feels different. I need to go out but the weather is not good, dark clouds looks like rain. I will have lunch & decide. I should go I need the exercise.

My you do have a lot of food dates. Very difficult. I know I could not keep to plan with all of those. Hope all goes well with Poppy. Yes there are so many people organising these things they really do need a big clap :clap:. Yes that includes you too Kathy. I know you as Linda said that you work very hard Kathy.
Made me laugh about you doing a bun Linda. I cannot do those. Davina taught Nik as Faye always has to have her hair in a bun. Me - useless.

Had my front door changed again today as the wrong one was put on 2 weeks ago. 2 nice guys from Middlesborough. They are staying on the area and doing lots of doors. Tomorrow I have the plumber coming as a leak somewhere to the toilet. Also one of DIL`s friends is coming tomorrow afternoon as she is looking for somewhere to stay for a while. Trouble is she is on benefits at the moment and as I get a rent & rate rebate there is a lot to look into. I do know her and I am sure she will not be a problem.

I will pop in later and must stop thinking about weigh day.

So, do you mean she's staying with you, Doreen or am I just being dense? Not surprised you're missing all the company, after staying at your sister's. Sounded like you were brilliant company for each other. Glad you've got your door sorted out now. It's been pretty grotty here today. It absolutely poured down this morning, was cloudy all afternoon and has brightened slightly now.

Thanks for the applause, ladies. The children are looking forward to Half Term, Linda, especially the one who've been doing their SATS tests. They are all a bit high and noisy now though so some are getting in trouble. They've just started practising their end of year production. They're doing Mary Poppins this year so it should be good. Don't think Amy has ever got over them doing The Jungle Book when she was at our school and her part was a Funky Gibbon!! :D Philip, my son, opted out of the acting altogether and operated the stage lights instead. :)

I hope you have a lovely meal and catch up with your friend this evening, Linda. You're a bit like me, wherein I can sometimes be quite 'good' with what I have for the main course but desserts defeat me every time! I'm afraid, most times, I just think - I'm out for a meal so .......! It does sound like you have a lot of dining occasions coming up but, well, that's life, I suppose. Just enjoy and rectify afterwards! :D

I was exactly the same with trying to do buns and French plaits in Amy's hair, Linda. In fact, I used to take her round to my friend's house, who could do them easily. At least your attempt stayed in Poppy's hair until the end of school! Such a shame it wasn't necessary, in the end!

Well, I'm cheating tonight and we're having a SW ready meal each - Tikka Masala. We do actually enjoy those and, although I think they're quite pricey, they are packed with large pieces of chicken and, of course, are Free Food.

Hi to Ann too and Cloudy Linda if she 'calls' in! :) xx

Back