NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

No Doreen - hope you're ok?

Still feeling washed out so not going to class today - thought about doing an SP day but going to try doing some Red/Green days - I used to do well on those - it'll be a change too - Doreen please keep your eye on me and let me know if I'm doing things wrong - if my weight losses improve I'll buy the red/green books on eBay - expect I'll have to keep quiet about it at classes in case they put me in the naughty corner!

5pm and feeling very full - so far so good but I've had to spend a fair bit of time on the net to check what I'm doing!

7pm and feeling even fuller! I could have had all the above (and more!) on the Extra Easy Plan (the main plan offered by SW these days for non-SW-ers)

In fact I wouldn't have weighed the potato so probably (actually definitely wd have had a bigger one!) plus I'd have eaten the kidney beans and probably more fruit and possibly more free food just because we can on EE.

Yet what I had was plenty ;) and because I haven't done a Red day for a while I was checking each thing - so it was taking more time to prepare my food and think taking more time made me appreciate my food and somehow felt fuller sooner and longer - might be just a novelty at the moment!

But I'll definitely be sticking to Red & Green this week.

RED DAY

B: frozen berries (defrosted :classic_err_what: ) half a Mullerlight, 40g porage oats - HEB - lovely - not had that for a while!
(Had my b'fast late at about 11 and I was genuinely hungry again at 12.30 :classic_frown: will try that b'fast again but a pity if it doesn't fill me.)

L: small bowl of leftover speed veg soup, bacon, melted HEA cheese and mushrooms

D: SW chilli (lots of speed) and 230g potato (raw weight) HEB for slimming world SW chips - I'll pick out the kidney beans as I've used my 2 HEBs but not that keen on them anyway! Speed fruit salad for more speed with rest of Mullerlight & a third of an SF jelly half a syn.

Drinks: fruit teas, water, hot choc 2 syns with a splash of milk

TOTALS ~ 2.5 SYNS ~ 1 HEA + splash of SS milk ~ 2 HEBs
Some links that might help on the Red plan

https://www.minimins.com/threads/slimming-world-green-red-faq-2009.116347/

https://www.minimins.com/forums/slimming-world-recipes.150/?prefix_id=29

https://www.minimins.com/forums/sw-winter-warmer-recipes.181/?prefix_id=29

Green plan

https://www.minimins.com/forums/sw-winter-warmer-recipes.181/?prefix_id=9

https://www.minimins.com/forums/slimming-world-recipes.150/?prefix_id=9

Last edited:
Ouch! I hope you will heal quickly Doreen!

Upndown, let me know how the quiche goes I read the recipe, but thought if I offered burgers and made quiche my son might cry after last night's tea!

I will let you know about the recipe - yes reckon you did the right thing - once we tell children one thing - they're not happy when we change are they?

Last edited:
My knee is hurting somewhat so have come to bed as it is most comfortable when in bed..

It is a bit warm so may go to docs if I can get an appointment !!!

Hope you sleep tonight Doreen and get an appointment in the morning if you're still in pain - take care. x

Ouch! I hope you will heal quickly Doreen!

Upndown, let me know how the quiche goes I read the recipe, but thought if I offered burgers and made quiche my son might cry after last night's tea!

It was delicious - I had a 500g pack of mince so increased the other ingredients and it made enough for 4 generous portions! I thought the recipe was written in a waffley way but it was easy to make - will be a regular on the menu here from now on ;)

I've posted the recipe here - I've tried to make it easier to read/follow:- https://www.minimins.com/threads/syn-free-cheeseburger.359987/

Last edited:
Thursday 3 May

Weather a bit gloomy here but finally feeling better - will do some exercise and hopefully sow more veg seeds if weather permits - catch up on jobs - not very exciting!

RED DAY

B: bacon omelette, 15g cheese part HEA, orange & apple
L: speed soup, berries, ff yogurt
D: SW cheeseburger HEA large salad with grated carrot, chopped onion, flapjack made with oats, nuts and bananas 2 HEBs
Drinks: fruit teas, water, 1 coffee with splash almond milk weeny part HEA, low cal drink choc 2 syns +splash almond milk weeny part HEA

Last edited:
Yes let's hope Doreen's leg's better soon - how are you feeling now Mary? I'm feeling a lot better today thanks Mary - this is getting more like a hospital ward or Dr's waiting room than a diet forum :classic_roll_eyes: seriously tho I hope you'll both be feeling 100% very soon.

Thursday 3 May

Weather a bit gloomy here but finally feeling better - will do some exercise and hopefully sow more veg seeds if weather permits - catch up on jobs - not very exciting!

RED DAY

B: bacon omelette, 15g cheese part HEA, orange & apple
L: speed soup, berries, ff yogurt
D: SW cheeseburger HEA large salad with grated carrot, chopped onion, flapjack made with oats, nuts and bananas 2 HEBs
Drinks: fruit teas, water, 1 coffee with splash almond milk weeny part HEA, low cal drink choc 2 syns +splash almond milk weeny part HEA

Won't be making those flapjacks again - no taste really - maybe the bananas weren't ripe enough?

I went to docs this morning and he has given me some antibiotics as knee if feeling very warm to the touch. Unfortunately my knee is extremely painful. Especially getting on and off chairs. 8 painkillers a day.
Hope it doesn't take too long as have an hospital appointment next Wednesday at the hospital.

Food for Thursday

B. Eggs bacon large mushroom and tomatoes.

D. 2 sainsbury burgers 2 syns. Large mushroom SW chips
I 😆did have another burger t o try. When I was downstairs I didn't have my pad to check syns. Now I am upstairs I don't have pkt. 😑
It was. Spicy bean burger 1/4lb. 8 syns 😎

I think that is everything
Night night all

Last edited:
Edited: didn't fancy the pasta bake for dinner - instead had a baked potato HEA cheese and a big salad and 2 syns of low call salad dressing, didn't make the scones either!

HEB bread and powdered peanut butter (you mix it with water) not bad at all but not quite the same as the real thing.

GREEN DAY - FRIDAY 4 MAY

b: HEB oats, berries and ff yogurt
l: speed veg soup, speed fruit, 30g cheese
HEA
d: pasta bake with speed veg HEA cheese and HEB bacon with salad and low cal dressing 1 syn
Cottage cheese & chive scones - a tweak but will have 2 and won't have again for ages!

Drinks: fruit teas, water, low cal drink choc 2 syns

Last edited:
A great day foodwise Doreen but a tough day with your knee - hope it's less painful 2moro - good luck at the scales.

Well done Doreen - always good to have a loss - but when we've been partying it's a bonus but you were careful the rest of the time - hoping your pain is lessening?

Well done Doreen - always good to have a loss - but when we've been partying it's a bonus but you were careful the rest of the time - hoping your pain is lessening?

I have moved about a bit more so not feeling as painful.

Got a friend's husband cutting grass and weeding He is very quick. He spent 1.1/2 hours cutting grass and such a lot of weeding.
He charged £10 an hour. I told him I had £15 and we had a fab for 5 mins and off he went.

Have arranged for him to come back lunchtime Tuesday to finish the rest of the back and he reckons he will be able to do the front too.
I have good soil so makes it a bit easier.

Last edited:
Back