NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Glad you're able to move more - hopefully now you're beginning to improve - you'll feel better each day.

Wishing you a speedy recovery @Nanny Doreen :)
How are you getting on with red and green days @upndown your food looks good! xx

Thanks SarahandMolly - I'm enjoying the Red/Green days so far but my sign in name describes my dieting style - so who knows how long it'll last :classic_roll_eyes:

I love EE/Extra Easy but I find myself eating more free food than I really need - so having to measure things like potatoes, rice, pasta etc on Red days and meat, fish etc on Green is making me think more about what I eat and it's obviously more restrictive than EE. I've not been hungry other than when I have HEB oats, berries and ff yogurt for b'fast - I enjoy it but I'm surprised it doesn't fill me.

I'll keep going all this week and see what happens at WI. Hope your day's going well.

Food for today. Then I must walk about again.

B. Scan bran cake egg Muller heb
Coffee milk Hea

L. Ham, baby toms beans Cold From Fridge.

D. 2 drumsticks and 1 chicken thigh. Cabbage, broccoli, medium boiled spud. Gravy 3 syns. No gravy broccoli or cabbage.
decided on mash spud with peas.

Frozen berries Greek yogurt. (If my delivery comes on time) it did.
1/2syn Hartley's jelly. 0% Greek yogurt.

Think I will have a little nap now. All that gardening makes you tired !! 😙

Last edited:
I have moved about a bit more so not feeling as painful.

Got a friend's husband cutting grass and weeding He is very quick. He spent 1.1/2 hours cutting grass and such a lot of weeding.
He charged £10 an hour. I told him I had £15 and we had a fab for 5 mins and off he went.

Have arranged for him to come back lunchtime Tuesday to finish the rest of the back and he reckons he will be able to do the front too.
I have good soil so makes it a bit easier.

Ooh that's a good that you're moving more and a good job done Doreen - and at a great price too! It'll be good to sit in the garden and enjoy the view :)

Edited food a little. No syns in the end so can have some today. After a night in bed knee is painful. I am going to put some painkillers by my bed and some water so I can take them first thing..

I am sitting in my reformed garden at this moment. Lovely sunny day but I am in the shade. Sun is quite hot.
Food later shower first.

Saturday 5th May.

B. Scan bran cake. 1/2 syn. Coffee Hea
L. 2 bacon. 2eggs, baby tomatoes, blackpudding 3.1/2 syns. 1/2 syn jelly 0% Greek yogurt.
D. 3 drumsticks, mashed spud, cabbage, cauli, gravy 3 syns.

1/2 can pear cider. 5.1/2 syns
Maybe another jelly 1/2.

Total syns. 13.1/2

Well done on your pound off and so glad to hear you are feeling a little better and enjoying your garden in the sunshine ☀️

SATURDAY 5 MAY

Another good food day Doreen :)

How is your knee been today? Are the painkillers mask the pain for you?

Isn't it lovely to have this weather? I've been in the garden for hours today - weeding, sowed some peas, salad leaves and a few different flowers.

Not like me but I've had no appetite today!

B: 60g cheese - that's all I fancied
L: just fancied some nuts
D: 3 apples and a yogurt
Drinks: fruit teas, 1 coffee and lots of water

Last edited:
EDITED: to add dinner!

Lovely weather again - hope your knee's a bit better again today and you'll be out admiring your newly mown garden ;) I'll be out in mine later - didn't sleep well last night - not sure why - hope it wasn't cos I was thinking about the plants :O

I didn't fancy anything for b'fast and it's coming up to lunch time now although I'm still not hungry .... I'll see what I've got in - might make a pasta bake for evening meal.

I should do some exercise too ;)

Brunch: Mullerlight - banana & custard - went off them for a while - but fancied them in the shop! Then had and apple & 8 salted peanuts ? syns- don't know where my appetite's gone - feel fine & plenty of energy for the garden though - that's the main thing!
D: Hungry now - chicken wrapped in half a rasher of bacon (only had 1 between us!) and a 3 slices of chorizo 3 syns, asparagus - expensive but it'll do 3 meals & it's a treat cos of my appetite (which seems to have come back now!) carrots, broccoli, mini corn on the cob
Drinks: fruit teas, 1 coffee and water

Last edited:
@Nanny Doreen
:woohoo:
Thank you SOOOO much for my sponsor money :classic_smile: You're SO kind xxx

Lovely weather again so I've just popped in from the garden for a cuppa!

Hope Doreen's feeling better again?

Phil's making some raised beds for me to grow the veg - I've always thought they were a good idea but never asked for them - so I'm excited about them (sad me!)

We very rarely go out on Bank Hols cos the traffic along the coast it soooooo busy - so we're having a day out 2moro - will go to 9.30 just to weigh in.

Had a short walk - it was so hot - I was shattered - then when the sun moved away from the back garden - sowed more seeds and cleared out the shed - I don't know how it gets in such a mess - couldn't find a thing!

Brunch: bacon, egg, mushrooms, brown sauce 1 syn
D: Linda Mc Cartney sausage casserole - 3 - 1.5 syns sausages , I love the Red Pepper & Chorizo sausages! Lots of veg. Berries and strawberry skyr
Snack: mullerlight ff yog, 4 tsps of peanut butter ? syns - why :classic_eek: ????????? So no more syns for me today :classic_err_what:
Drinks: fruit teas, water, 1 coffee 2 syns almond milk!

Syns: 4.5 plus whatever's in the peanut butter!

Last edited:
Didn't notice it until I saw your note to Doreen - so thanks to Doreen really - good luck - it's for a good cause! xx

Didn't notice it until I saw your note to Doreen - so thanks to Doreen really - good luck - it's for a good cause! xx

It is indeed, my dad has COPD which is a chronic lung condition and also has a weak heart so it's a great cause in my eyes. xx

Ah that's a special marathon for you then - I'm sure your Dad's very proud of you (not just for the running tho ;) ) xx

No Doreen again - hope she's alright and her knee's not playing up.

Well I put a pound on this week - bit disappointed as I didn't much at all when I was ill but that said when I did eat I didn't count HEXs and Syns but I will hopefully lose that next week. I've also not felt like exercising either but think it's our food that really makes the difference.

I've been thinking about my food this week and:

* whilst I'm counting syns (most of the time)
* I usually but don't always weigh/measure my HEXs
* I'm not strictly sticking to SW 'rule' that asks us to eat to satisfy appetites
* I buy quite a lot of fruit each week - Phil doesn't eat much of it - so I'm going to stick to the old saying 'An apple a day ......' but will have a bit of variety!
* usual exercise 30 mins x 5 and 2 strength sessions a week

So going to try hard to do all those things week in the hope of losing that pound and at least one other!

Food - still having a few treats today but not going overboard:

B: a cake ? syns
L: fish and chips and a hifi bar Half HEB
D: bacon - free - sarnie 12 syns - perhaps a hifi bar
Drinks: fruit tea, water, 1 coffee 1 syn almond milk

Let's hope so - busy week and will be eating out a few times - so plan, plan, plan!

The sun came back this afternoon after a gloomy cool morning!

Back