nappy rash/sore bum cream

big bear

A bear on a mission!
My little angel has a really red sore bum. Its not bleeding but looks red raw & as if a layer of skin has come off. I've been changing her hourly & using sudocrem but not getting any better. Can anyone recommend a cream or something that may help?

My son never really had nappy rash. Any advice appreciated.

I've only ever used Bepanthen on tattoos, but I hear it's really good. Much cheaper in asda/tesco than in Boots.

I was going to suggest Bepanthem too, I found that stuff great, put a thick layer on.

I know this is a weird one but has worked really well for me. My sister in law told me to use coconut oil twice a day and really does the job x also if your using wipes stop them until he gets better instead use those cotton pads (a bit like the make up removal ones but bigger) that you find in the baby section and not the loose cotton balls as sometimes they stick to the bottom with water xx

Have you tried egg white? Only if she isn't allergic obviously. Can you leave her nappy off through the day and let the air at her bottom? If you can't use the egg then bepanthen worked for my son (he has egg allergy so had to find altrenative)

Sudocrem makes it worse I reckon. I just think you let her hang loose as much as you can. She needs fresh air to get to itt. It makes me laugh that a fortune is spent on breathable nappies, and then more on barrier creams defeating the whole object!

I always swore by Metanium when my 2 were little, could see a difference by the next nappy change.
How old is she ? somtimes they get sore bums whne they are teething,or if you have started weening her it may be something acidic,like orange juice in her diet that is aggrivating it-just a couple of thoughts:)

Thanks everyone, I've left her nappy off all evening & stopped using the wipes too. I went to the chemist & they've given me metanium so i'll give that a go. Thanks again x

Another Bepanthen here, when our kids were babies this was the only thing that worked well, sudocrem only made it worse.

I always swore by Metanium when my 2 were little, could see a difference by the next nappy change.
How old is she ? somtimes they get sore bums whne they are teething,or if you have started weening her it may be something acidic,like orange juice in her diet that is aggrivating it-just a couple of thoughts:)

She's only 3 wks old. I think it could be coz I stopped breastfeeding & she's now on formula.

The metanium will clear it in no time. I mind a LO who suffers & this always does the trick. Only need a thin layer & beware its mucky old stuff!!

Back