Natalie's forever food diary

Monday 25th April

Breakfast

Frozen berries
Mullerlight

Lunch/dinner

Vegetable chilli
Rice - 1.5 syns
Fruit salad (pineapple, mango, strawberries, yellow plums)

Last edited:
Hi mrsjh, hope you are well. It's called whit sun challenge in slimming world teams. Anyone is free to join, just set a target to 12 June and post your weekly weight losses. X x

I remember sharloid, how are you? Have you been on plan since jan, but doing it from home? or are you just joining now? Glad to hear that you are joining/starting now? do you work in town? X x

Ashamed to say I'm only just starting now! :(
I work down Woodseats so I'll go to one down there.
A friend lent me some books and I'm just trying to get my head around it. You've had some great losses, how are you finding it?

Hi Sharloid! Although I am happy with my weigh loss, I'm impatient!

I was veeeerry good for the 1st couple of months but went off track over the last month or so although I'm totally back on it now, that's why I started this diary.

The groups are good, but I really like this site for help, advice or just to write down what your feeling anytime through the week.

If I could offer any advice to you, it would be to start a food diary. The folks on here will look at it and give you any help if it's needed. It's also good for checking whether recipies are syn free (or low syn, depending upon what it is).

Let me know if you want any help with it x x

I'm really jealous! If I'd have stuck at it since January like you I would be smaller by now. Oh well, better late than never! Are you finding it easy to use up all your syns? What about exercise? I haven't been but none of the gyms in Sheffield have overly friendly reviews! Sorry for taking over your thread, I'll hush now. :p

No, don't be silly, you are more than welcome!!

I joined pure gym in the centre as you don't need to sign up to a yearly contract, it's just a rolling type thing. It's ok, although it gets busy at times!

In regards to syns, sometimes I stick to 15, other times I'm under and others I'm over, I try to take syns on a weekly basis to allow for flexibility...some days I'll have 25 and others I'll perhaps have 5. As long as over the week I am under then I think I'm doing ok.

What class are you joining? Hope you had a good bank holiday weekend, weather has been fab x x

S.A.S log is to be filled in each day so you need 7, its designed to see if you're selg sabotaging your diet. After about 2-3 days you should see a pattern emerging that you didnt realise. Also read your choose success booklet in pack for motivation. Ive lost 12stones in total and kept if off, my motivation is putting on my size 30 trousers!! :)

Rita Winehouse said:
S.A.S log is to be filled in each day so you need 7, its designed to see if you're selg sabotaging your diet. After about 2-3 days you should see a pattern emerging that you didnt realise. Also read your choose success booklet in pack for motivation. Ive lost 12stones in total and kept if off, my motivation is putting on my size 30 trousers!! :)

Wow that is an amazing success story! How long did it take you to lose that Rita? X

In 12 months i lost 8st, then stopped attended group after 15 months by that time i'd lost 9st. About 20 months had lost 10st, then started a new more active job 3 yrs ago and lost another 2 xx

Rita Winehouse said:
In 12 months i lost 8st, then stopped attended group after 15 months by that time i'd lost 9st. About 20 months had lost 10st, then started a new more active job 3 yrs ago and lost another 2 xx

Wow 8 stones in a year- that is amazing. True inspiration. I don't want to hijack the thread so I might send you a msg instead if you don't mind?

No, don't be silly, you are more than welcome!!

I joined pure gym in the centre as you don't need to sign up to a yearly contract, it's just a rolling type thing. It's ok, although it gets busy at times!

In regards to syns, sometimes I stick to 15, other times I'm under and others I'm over, I try to take syns on a weekly basis to allow for flexibility...some days I'll have 25 and others I'll perhaps have 5. As long as over the week I am under then I think I'm doing ok.

What class are you joining? Hope you had a good bank holiday weekend, weather has been fab x x

Ohh the one at the bottom of Granville Road? I was thinking of that one but everytime I've been passed it has been busy. Apparently there's a chart thing online for members so they can see when the busiest periods are, do you use this it all?

I'll probably go to Woodseats social club or similar as I'd have to stay on the bus longer to get to Richmond!

Are your partner/family/friends doing it with you? I'm trying to convince the OH so we can motivate each other but it's not happening!

Wow Rita, echo what roziee said, you are truly inspirational - any tips you wish to share with a waining newbie??

Sharloid, yes it does get busy, but there are loads if machines, so I always seem to get on a machine no problem. I always do the same workout and get into my own routine with my iPod on. I've also done a few classes which I've booked online, although I haven't noticed whether there is a facility online to check how busy it is, wouldn't surprise me if there was one. Yes, it's the gym at the bottom of Granville road. Are you thinking of joining a gym? x

Tues 26 April - red day

Breakfast

28g puffed wheat part heb
1 scan bran part heb
250ml s skimmed milk - hea
Starwberries
Apple

Lunch/dinner

Toast - heb2
Chicken
Babyleaf salad
Cucumber
Red onion
Salad dressing - 5 syns (est)
Mullerlight
Banana
Velvet crunch - 4 syns
Muesli - 5 syns

250ml s skimmed milk for tea - hea2

Last edited:
Well done you are doing really well Hun :)
Where are u from? You seem to have your food diary done when I'm having breakfast!?

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey love, I'm having my breakfast too, I find that, because I am on holiday and don't have the routine of the office that if I don't know what im having for food that day that I will start munching on all kinds of rubbish. So if I set it down, I know what I am doing and will stick to it.

I'm on Sheffield although originally from Dundee (stayed here after uni) where are you from?

Getting nervous, weigh in day tomorrow. Did you join the whit sun group? x

I'm from Cumbria :) yes I joined Whitsunday group! Don't know what I do tho!! Do I just have to lose the weight I've said by then? I'm still trying to get the hang of this coz I use the app on my phone.
How are you finding it so far? Im back at work 2-10pm this week so it's hard to eat properly I'm struggling fitting everything in! had a really fat day yesterday it was my 1st day back at work after 3weeks off due to miscarriage and my trousers would hardly do up :( I put on 7pounds in 4weeks. That's when I thought enough is enough. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that you are well and that you and your OH are coping as best you can. Try to stay positive and it will happen. Sometimes it just takes time.

In relation to the challenge, yes you specify an amount of weight you want to lose by 12 June (or the next avail weigh in after that) and check in on a weekly basis after weigh in and tally up your weight loss. I'll be entering my weight loss tomorrow on there (if I have one)

Maybe try to take some pasta/free food to work to stop you snacking on naughties, that's what I tend to do. Perhaps you could not gave your healthy extras and take them to work for snacks etc

Keep smiling love, you are doing brilliantly x

Last edited:
Back