Natalie's forever food diary

Right, I'm actually quite pleased with myself as I have stuck to this mornings menu completely. I had fruit fir brekkie, the a huge chicken salad and fruit salad. Also grazed on fruit throughout the day when I was a bit peckish.

Plan to do success express until weigh in on weds. Try to shift the 2lbs I've gained (albeit unofficially!)

Also need to drink more water x

Monday 2nd May - success express

Breakfast

28g puffed wheat - heb
250ml semi skimmed milk - hea
Fruit salad (pineapple, melon, mango, strawberries, apple, kiwi)

Lunch

mullerlight
banana
apple
satsuma x 4

Dinner

Jacket potato
Tuna
Babyleaf salad
Onion
Cucumber
Dressing - 1/2 syn

Strawberries
melon
pineapple
Mullerlight
28g muesli - 5 syns

Total: 5.5 syns

Last edited:
Tues 3 May

So today is my first day back at work and in a strange way, its good to be back in the routine that is the working week.

I eat 3 meals a day and have a couple of snacks, I'm also alot more aware of what I am eating/drinking.

It's weigh in tomorrow and I know I have gained. I am so disappointed but I was talking to a friend about it and she said that its life - sometimes social occasions mean that we go off track but the most important thing is to draw a line under it and move on

That's my line - I'm moving on. I have so much weight left to lose (over 3 and a half stone!!!). I like writing things down, it gives me the motivation to keep going. It also clarifies why I am trying to lose weight.

So todays food is BORING with a capital B!!!

Breakfast

tesco light choices cereal bar - 4.5
banana
multiple waters and tea with skimmed milk - hea

Lunch

mugshot
2 x wholemeal toast - heb
flora spread - 2 syns
2 x apple
orange
banana

Dinner:

Jacket pot
beans
cheese - hea

apple
satsumas
Pineapple
Mango
Kiwi
Strawberries
Mullerlight
28g muesli - 5 syns

Total syns: 11.5

Last edited:
I agree - being at work dies have it's benefits with making you stick to meal and snack times. Can't think of any other benefits though, lol!

At least you're prepared for WI tomorrow, and as your friend says, sometimes life just gets in the way of even the best intentions. And it might not be as bad as you expect :) xx

I know, I am trying the success express thingy, where 2/3 of each meal is superfree. Don't know how I am doing, but one thing for sure is that it'll be a gain at weigh in tomorrow. It will be the 1st one since starting and I'm sooooo annoyed with myself!! x

Thursday 5th May

Breakfast

Whole Pineapple - chopped up
cup of tea x 3 part hea (skimmed milk)

Lunch

Mugshot
2 x wholemeal toast - heb
flora light - 1 syn
wotsits - 5 syns
apple
orange
banana
2 x alpen light - heb2

Dinner

Ravioli - est 2.5 syns
apple
satsumas
mullerlight

Total Syns:8.5

Last edited:
I was at the same weigh in as you yesterday! Way too shy to say hello :p. I've just read about the success express thing. Is it supposed to be used long term or just as a little boost? Let us know how it goes!

Really? I couldn't hear anything as the baby was laughing. Where were you sat? If I'd have have known I'd have introduced myself. Did you know who I was? I was doing the paying part. we are doing Zumba in the same hall on Monday if you want to come - it'll be a good laugh!! x

Hello there!

So my wednesday weigh in came and went and I managed to put on 1.5lbs!! Nightmare!

Have been attempting to be SAINTLY since, although I dont think the weight is shifting. I've set myself an interim target of 3lbs for this week. I have arrived at this figure as I want to lose the 1.5lbs that I gained this week and also 1.5lbs to get me to my long awaited 2.5st award!

So I am introducing exercise to the mix this week.

This will be (before wednesday):

2 x 1 hour gym sessions
2 x 1 hour Zumba sessions (one at gym, one at local church hall)
2 x 1 hour aerobics class

Friday 6 May

Breakfast

apple
banana
1 x alpen light - 1/2 heb
3 x cups of tea - hea

Lunch

toast - heb
flora light - 1.5 syns
wotsits - 5 syns
apple
banana
orange

Dinner

Tomato pasta
Mullerlight
14g muesli - 2.5 syns
Pineapple
Strawberries
Kiwi
Velvet crunch - 4

Last edited:
Really? I couldn't hear anything as the baby was laughing. Where were you sat? If I'd have have known I'd have introduced myself. Did you know who I was? I was doing the paying part. we are doing Zumba in the same hall on Monday if you want to come - it'll be a good laugh!! x

Oh I know, I don't like babies! When she said 'This is Nat, she's had a new kitchen' and you spoke with a scottish accent I was like 'ahhh, the lady from the forum!' Hehe. I was the one who she said started last week :p. I wouldn't mind doing Zumba but I found out that there isn't a bus back that late and so had to walk back through the estates on Wednesday - I don't plan on doing that again!!

Hey, I think I know who you are - were you sitting opposite me? (on the other side of the semi circle?) sorry to hear there are no buses. Will you continue on at Richmond or try another? How did you find the Richmond group? The zumba class sounds really good, couple of my friends do it and love it. Pure gym in Sheffield (the gym I go to) do a zumba class on a Thursday which I am booked into do. I'm actually off there now for an aerobics and gym session! X x

Sat 7th may

Breakfast

Banana

Lunch

Hot smoked salmon
Babyleaf salad
Cucumber
Dressing - 0.5 syns
Velvet crunch - 4 syns
Orange
Strawberries
Kiwi

Was hungry mid afternoon so had a 3 egg omelette with 28g cheese - hea

Dinner

Seabream
Babyleaf salad
Dressing - 0.5
Orange
Mullerlight
Velvet crunch crisps - 4 syns

250ml semi skimmed milk for tea/coffee throughout the day.

Ribena ice lolly - 1 syn

Total syns for day: 10

Last edited:
Lunch was sooooo yummy - thinking of having a fish week (under red days) as it's supposed to be good for weight loss.

So I've been to the gym and I'm knackeroo'd!! Did an hour aerobics and an hour gym. Will do the same tomorrow feel motivated!!

So think I'll write down what I want to do exercise wise for the week

Sat - 1hr aerobics and 1 hr gym
Sun - 1hr aerobics and 1 hr gym
Monday - 1hr legs, bums and tums and 1 hr zumba
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - weigh in
Thursday - 1 hr gym
Friday - 1hr Zumba and 1hr gym.

So, 9 hours a week. 5 days a week - quite a lot really (for a novice), I'll test it for the week but don't want to crash and burn.

Very motivated to lose weight - let's see how I get on x

Have woken up today and am absolutely aching. Arms/shoulders in particular are really sore. So, change of plan today for exercise. Will do 1 hour swim and do gym on tues eve.

Sun 8th may

Breakfast

apple
strawberries
satsuma x 2
quavers - 5.5 syns

Lunch:

295g can ww country veg soup - heb1
banana
strawberries
satsuma x 3

Early Dinner

Jacket potato
28g cheese - hea1
beans

Pineapple
Mango
raspberries
strawberries
mullerlight

Additions/Snacks:

28g puffed wheat - heb2
250ml semi skimmed milk - hea2
velvet crunch: 4
Banana
Ribena ice lolly - 1 syn

Total: 10.5 syns

Last edited:
Monday 9th may = a hungry day!

Breakfast

Banana
satsuma x 2
alpen light - part heb1
Tea - part hea1

Snack 1:

Apple

Snack 2:

chopped fresh pineapple and mango

Lunch

Fat free noodles
cherries
strawberries
raspberries
Mullerlight

Snack 3:

alpen light - 1/2 heb 1
Orange
Velvet crunch - 4 syns

Exercise: 1hr zumba

Dinner

Beans on toast - heb2
Orange
Plum
Velvet crunch - 4

Total 8 syns

Last edited:
Today has been a hungry day for me too.....I just want to keep eating, lol! And nothing is satisfying me :( Tea is nearly ready so I hope that does the job!!

So I went to zumba, it's such a laugh - I have NO rhythm!!!!

Just had beans on toast as a reward and am knackered - quick shower and bed I think! X x

Tues 10th May

Breakfast

satsumas
banana
tea - hea

snack:

alpen light 1/2 heb

Lunch

Fat free noodles
Mango
Pineapple
Apple