Natalie's forever food diary

natalierobertson

Hi all, I've been doing slimming world since middle of January and am plodding along nicely, I kept a food diary but I've bern terrible at keeping it up, I've also not really been on plan for the past couple of weeks and there's absolutely no reason for it. Im just lazy and opted to put things in my mouth that i shouldnt have, and stupidly justify to myself that there was a reason for it. So, I think that I'll start a fresh diary and set some short and long term goals. I want to be as honest as possible with myself.

Why am I overweight?

1. I've always taken the easy option - I always thought it was too difficult to diet

2. I used to kid myself that it didn't matter what I looked like, perhaps it doesn't, but it's how being overweight made (and continues to make) me feel. Rubbish, envious etc etc

3. I love food (perhaps that's why sw is the natural option!)

4. I have no willpower at all. It's such a cop out to say that I know, but I really don't. It relates to point 1

Reasons for weight loss/Objectives for the year

1. Lose 4 more stones
2. Stop smoking (I only have 2 a day but it's 2 too much)
3. Have a baby (get pregnant)
4. Not be in the obese BMI category
5. Do C25K
6. Do the American road trip that my oh and I have talked about so much
7. Finish my house - being going on too long.
8. Set myself mini goals to jeep myself going - next one is getting into next stone bracket( only 7.5lbs to go!!!)

This app is amazing. I'm going to read as many diaries on here as I can and help out/provide support to others

So my food today has been bad again. Tomorrow is another day, that's always been my moto - it has to go as that's why I am where I am

Red day

Breakfast

20g puffed wheat (part heb)
250ml s s milk (part hea

Lunch

2 x packet of velvet crunch crisps - why did I have 2 packets ?? Point 4 above proven - 8 syns

Dinner

BBQ - 2 sw burgers (el minced beef, shallots, chillies, garlic, seasoning)
Ketchup/mustard - 4 syns
3 x slices wholemeal bread (heb and 3 syns)
Salad
Dressing - 3 syns
Mini eggs - 8 syns
Copious diet cokes (ridiculous)

So all in all 26 syns! It's looking at this that makes be feel crap, it can't go on. I just feel like a big fat failure at times :(

Sorry to be so down on this beautiful bank hol weekend - I hope everyone is fab and enjoying the gorg sun!! Sorry for mammoth post!! x x x x

Nat

Hey,

Trust me, we all get days like you. me, more so than others!

just wipe the slate clean, and slowly but surely you will learn the sw way x

its my 5th..or 6th? week now and ive lost 1 stone and 2 lbs.. had my first gain last week of 1 lb which i hope was because of TOTM. ive had crap days as well as really good days so you're definately not alone hun. this forum is great when you need a 'pick me up' so post your food diary and ppl will comment if and when needed x

Hi Roziee,

That's an amazing weight loss in such a short amount of time, so well done!! Are you keeping a food diary? I've been better today with my eating. Its my TOTM so the week leading up to it, I am always extraordinarily hungry!! I want to eat everything in sight.

Also, I think I need to get some exercise to boost the weigh loss. Do you do any?

The weight I've still to lose feels daunting sometimes, but slow and steady wins the race I suppose and am going with the the longer it takes to come off, the longer it will stay off philosophy.

Anyway, hope you are having a wonderful bank holiday weekend, I'm busy tiling my kitchen. Brilliant bit of body magic. x

Sat 23 April

Breakfast

28g puffed wheat - heb1
250ml semi skimmed milk - hea1
pineapple
mango

Lunch:

velvet crunch crisps - 4 syns

Dinner

Vegetable chilli and rice - 1.5 syns
Fibre plus bar - heb2

Velvet crunch - 4 syns
Muller yog and muesli - 4 syns

Total syns for today - 13.5 syns - so much for trying to claw it back eh??

Last edited:
natalierobertson said:
Hi Roziee,

That's an amazing weight loss in such a short amount of time, so well done!! Are you keeping a food diary? I've been better today with my eating. Its my TOTM so the week leading up to it, I am always extraordinarily hungry!! I want to eat everything in sight.

Also, I think I need to get some exercise to boost the weigh loss. Do you do any?

The weight I've still to lose feels daunting sometimes, but slow and steady wins the race I suppose and am going with the the longer it takes to come off, the longer it will stay off philosophy.

Anyway, hope you are having a wonderful bank holiday weekend, I'm busy tiling my kitchen. Brilliant bit of body magic. x

Thank you :) i have a longggg way to go but taking baby steps to get there.

Yes i have a dairy 'i'm really a skinny girl stuck in a fat girls body (!)' go read it and comment away..

how much do you have to loose? sorry im on my ipad so if its written in your profile i cant see it..

havent started any exercise yet, but want to as soon as ive lost 2 stones...

Hey! Well so far I've lost 2st 1.5 lbs since middle jan 2011.

I've got another 4st to lose. I'm currently 13st 7.5lbs and want to be 9st 7lbs. I'm 5ft 2".

I found it quite easy to begin with, but I'm beginning to struggle, hence the reason for the new diary, i think I need to write everything down, feelings included to find out what makes me eat and why I give in.

How about you? Sorry, like you, I'm on my iPhone x

natalierobertson said:
Hey! Well so far I've lost 2st 1.5 lbs since middle jan 2011.

I've got another 4st to lose. I'm currently 13st 7.5lbs and want to be 9st 7lbs. I'm 5ft 2".

I found it quite easy to begin with, but I'm beginning to struggle, hence the reason for the new diary, i think I need to write everything down, feelings included to find out what makes me eat and why I give in.

How about you? Sorry, like you, I'm on my iPhone x

Wow- that's an amazing loss too in a short time!

I have 10 stones to lose!!!!!! I want to be super skinnier in October for my 3rd year anniversary, although I know it'll take alot longer to reach my final weight.

Hi Hun just wanted to say keep going you are doing great. Loved your story and reasons why you wanted to lose the weight. You CAN do it. :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What an amazing goal to work towards, I'm sure you will be a slinky missy by October. Ive joined a whit sun (middle of June) target group. Don't know if you know about these types of groups but each person sets a target (I've chosen 1st) and each week we check in with our weight loss and hopefully make 'target' by the date set. I think it'll be a good way to keep my on track. I did an Easter one and have 0.5lbs left to lose (set my target date for next weds as it's the next weigh in after Easter), so no chocs for me :( x

Oh thanks mrsjh! I keep plodding along but really need to get real and honest with myself! onwards and downwards!!

How are you getting on with this? Have a fab easter x x

Last edited:
You have done amazingly so far. :)

I'm loving slimming world so far just need to stick to it and not give up. This is a great place to keep me on track and motivated :)

Happy Easter to u too. Xx

I feel like that too, I need mini targets to keep me going and motivated. I don't know why I feel the need to eat rubbish when there are soooo many nice things I can make the slimming world way, silly really! Feel stupid/guilty after I've done it. I like the control sw gives, but seem to zone out every so often and eat crap (not literally!)

I've joined a whit sun (mid June) target weight loss group which I hope will keep me on target x x

Sunday 24th April

Breakfast

Mullerlight

Lunch

Fat free noodles
Mullerlight
Fibre plus bar - heb1

Dinner

Pasta and sauce - hea1 and 4 syns
Puffed wheat - heb2
Milk - hea2
Fruit salad (satsumas, mango, strawberries, mixed frozen berries)
Mullerlight yog

Last edited:
Right so I want to lose another stone (and half a pound) by 12 June 2011! I've joined a team and everything! that will mean that I will be 12st 7lbs for my 27th b'day (16th June). It will also signify that I am half way through the weight loss part of my sw journey (I started in jan and was 15st 9lbs and want to weigh 9st 7lbs) so I'll have lost 3st 2lbs. Must stay on target and NOT cheat!!! Being half way through is my motivation (and of course buying new clothes to get into the slimming figure, one can wish!) x x

Great goal and motivation Hun :) I'm going on hol June so that's my ideal target too. Where do u join the group? I'm new to this site and don't know my way round yet!

Xx

Ohh you're doing really well! I remember speaking to you when you were just starting! I've finally decided to join slimming world, though I think I'll be going to one near work rather than Richmond x

Hi mrsjh, hope you are well. It's called whit sun challenge in slimming world teams. Anyone is free to join, just set a target to 12 June and post your weekly weight losses. X x

I remember sharloid, how are you? Have you been on plan since jan, but doing it from home? or are you just joining now? Glad to hear that you are joining/starting now? do you work in town? X x

Back