Natalie's New Start...

crazylilblondie

Pizza addict
So, my theory is - if im typing my thoughts here then I won't be eating.

I've been yo yo dieting alot over the last few years. I go through phases of dieting well, loosing lots of weight, then something happening and I start comfort eating and then I go on a downward spiral eating all the food i feel i missed out on.

I'm quite short and at 5"2 the weight I carry on me shows very easily. Last year I reached the stage where i was classed as "obese" with a bmi of 30. I went on a strict low calorie, low fat diet, went to the gym alot, and then moved on to atkins for a few weeks. In about 3 months I lost just over 1 and half stone.

Unfortunately over the summer and lots of holidays and social events later, I put on the weight I had lost. Well 1 stone of it.

Then typically this year I started my new year diet again, lost 6 lbs in the first week... then felt depressed and ate again - and put on 7lbs!

I know I may not have as much as many others, but I am still 3 stone away from my "healthy weight" of having a bmi of 22.5.

It also doesnt help when I work behind the scenes in the music and tv industry and an surrounded by all these beautiful tiny people!

But anyway, today is day 1. (again!)

I currently am a size 14 (16 depending on the shop!) and I would just like to be a healthy size 10 and a healthy weight.

I dont want to have to wear floaty tops to hide my stomach or try and wear black because its "slimming" and wear little cardys to hide my flabby shoulders.

At the moment I am a member of a gym, though I only seem to get there at the weekends as I am usually exhausted from my commute. However I do try and get exercise other ways, like taking the stairs at work and walking alot to places. Also I have just changed my work journey so i will now be walking 2 miles every day.

I just need a bit more motivation, Im only on day 1 and im starving! Im fine during work when I have set hours to eat, but its when Im sat at home, watching the tv, and I just want chocolate or snacks to pick at. But like i said at the start of this message - if my fingers are typing then they can't be snacking!!

:17729::gen147:

Ok, so I made it past day 1! Which is quite an achievement for me as I usually survive through work, then get home and want teacakes and toast! So thats a better start than before.

I was quite naughty and weighed myself though. I know I shouldnt but I always like to prepare myself coz if I got to the end of the week and hadnt lost anything Id be so upset after putting in all that effort. Anyways I lost 2.5 lbs! I know its mainly water weight but it's good motivation for me :)

Now i just have to make sure I dont binge on Yo Sushi for lunch. Thankfully Im working tonight so will just go straight to sleep when I get home - and not munch!!

xoxo

Hi there.

I'm managed to gain 4 kilos this week which I'm sure is just 'water weight'.

It's the kick up the backside I needed.

Thats good you are using your weight gain to start loosing weight - when I put on weight i just get depressed and binge even more. Good for you :)

OK, so I went to Yo Sushi... thought what I was eating was healthy - but it appears my tiny lunch amounted to 850 calories!! No eating for me the rest of the day... :(

What I ate wasnt too bad I didnt think - I had 2 miso soups which are water based and filled me up, then I had some edamame beans which is just vegetable, and then I had 2 rolls, one with crab and avocado and the other with cucumber. Each on their own is quite healthy but it all added up to be one big sauce of evil!!

Im drinking lots of water to try and flush it out. Thankfully im working at my second job tonight so ill be keeping busy and wont be home till close to 11 so I should be ok to not eat for rest of day. Hopefully this wont impact my weightloss too heavilly!

xoxo

Ooh I know that feeling!!! I lurve Yo Sushi but it is a bit calorific. The problem is the carbs - the food in itself is really healthy -edamame, rice, fish, miso - but all together it adds up. I went out for sushi last Sunday and managed to put on 2lbs! :eek: The rice and the edamame are v carby. Also the rice is cooked in sugared vinegar wine, and more often than not the fillings are bound together with mayo which is super fattening. It's a shame isn't it cos it's lovely!! :cry:

Argh - I'm starving now!!! ;)

Ooh I know that feeling!!! I lurve Yo Sushi but it is a bit calorific. The problem is the carbs - the food in itself is really healthy -edamame, rice, fish, miso - but all together it adds up. I went out for sushi last Sunday and managed to put on 2lbs! :eek: The rice and the edamame are v carby. Also the rice is cooked in sugared vinegar wine, and more often than not the fillings are bound together with mayo which is super fattening. It's a shame isn't it cos it's lovely!! :cry:

Argh - I'm starving now!!! ;)

Oh no, now youve told me that I feel super bad!! :booboo: I didnt realise that edamame was bad - i thought they were just like mange tout? I just thought how bad can rice, fish and veg wrapped up in seaweed be! Oopsies. Well now I know I wont be having that for a while... well I may still get some miso soup to take away as thats only 85 cals - bu not the rest!

Why are carbs so evil yet so tasty??

xoxo

I know the feeling when the weight just yoyos the secret is not to diprive yourself now and again then you wont be missing out on the food that you like, if you go to my blog you will see what i mean lol good luck with the weight loss.

Last edited:
Oooh no, don't feel bad - it's healthy really.:copon: Obviously compared to say fish and chips (still on the brain!!) it's fantastic, but I get deceived by the 'hidden' stuff in there. Also, I apologise but I was getting so carried away in my own world that I forgot you're not on CD so can eat real food.

Sorry, sorry, sorry!
:argh:

Anyway, when I'm being good and I have sushi, I fill up on
miso (which you did!), and edamame which when I said were carby I meant they could knock you out of ketosis, but it doesn't apply to you, so they're just a healthy vegetable to you. I also have sashimi if poss rather than too much rice, and I drink green tea. They do some nice salads in Yo, like the green seaweed type thingy, and they're fine too.

So, I'm sorry again for putting the frighteners on you!
:ignore: I shall go back in my little hole now and carry on drinking. I'm on the dandelion tea now, but I'm hallucinating sushi! ;)

:patback:

And now I got my backpatting and slap face smilies the wrong way round, so it looks like I'm slapping you!

I think I should go and lie down!

:wave_cry:

I know the feeling when the weight just yoyos the secret is not to diprive yourself now and again then you wont be missing out on the food that you like, if you go to my blog you will see what i mean lol good luck with the weight loss.

Hey Georgie - in theory that makes sense. But Im such an all or nothing girl. if I eat something and I like it I will gorge on it till there simply isnt any more space to put it! I find just saying no is so much easier to manage my food intake! Will have a read of your blog in a minute - didnt know you could even have blogs here! Im still learning at the moment. :)

Thanks

Natalie :0icanfly:

xoxo

Oooh no, don't feel bad - it's healthy really.:copon: Obviously compared to say fish and chips (still on the brain!!) it's fantastic, but I get deceived by the 'hidden' stuff in there. Also, I apologise but I was getting so carried away in my own world that I forgot you're not on CD so can eat real food.

Sorry, sorry, sorry!
:argh:

Anyway, when I'm being good and I have sushi, I fill up on
miso (which you did!), and edamame which when I said were carby I meant they could knock you out of ketosis, but it doesn't apply to you, so they're just a healthy vegetable to you. I also have sashimi if poss rather than too much rice, and I drink green tea. They do some nice salads in Yo, like the green seaweed type thingy, and they're fine too.

So, I'm sorry again for putting the frighteners on you!
:ignore: I shall go back in my little hole now and carry on drinking. I'm on the dandelion tea now, but I'm hallucinating sushi! ;)

:patback:

Hey, no need to apologise, hehe! Although im not on CD I am very very careful about carbs - well mainly stodgy carbs like pasta, bread and potatoes - big nonos for me. Thought im still eating fruit which has lots of natural sugars in.

I should really look at this CD and see what it really is and involves as I didnt know it was low carb too. I should probably avoid it in which case as Ive tried atkins several times and havent reacted well to it all the times Ive tried!:badmood:

Well anyways back to the diary - Ive managed to survive the last 4.5 days! I weighed myself again this mornin, so far ive lost 7.4lbs! Wahoo. But this could all change by weight in day on Thursday.. though hopefully lower rather than higher! Though i reckon there wont be much change tbh now. Im finding it alot easier resisting choccys and biscuits and crisps. I think once Ive got past the innitial struggle and I see changes in my weight it gives me good reason to continue and not be naughty!!

xoxo

sorry for the confusion, mines not a blog its just a diary on here, like yours, i hope all goes well with your weigh in thats a good loss already!

OK, so I naughtily stepped on the scales again today, the scales were hovering just under the 11 stone mark! Wahoo! Im not going to get too excited though as everytime my body reaches a new goal I then end up putting on 2lbs just to spoil it - even if I eat nothing. Would be great to get into the 10 stone range though!

I've decided my next goal is 10 stone 10lbs. When I reach that I know i will only be 1 stone away from my goal - which seems manageable.

Ive also decided I need to change my weight loss goal, id rather be in the middle of the healthy weight range, than bordering on the edge of it. So im going to see what weight I need to be now.

I'm seeing Pussycat Dolls tonight - hopefully seeing them will make me not want to eat for a year!! lol

xoxo

Well,

I well and truly F*CKED UP!!:break_diet:

I started Saturday - I only hate 2 slices of pitta bread and some low fat homous, as well as a hand ful of nuts in the evening - and I put on 2lbs??!! That was all I ate all day - making sure I kept under 1000 calories! So then feeling crap I plodded along on Sunday, ate healthily most of the day but then I had a big Sunday roast - mainly veg and plain meat, and a couple of roasties - didnt think it was too bad - but put on another lb the next day.

Yesterday we were snowed in and all I could eat was chocolate and muffins and teacakes, couldnt even drink lots of water I just wanted to pig as felt so depressed!

And today ive eaten lots of cake and its been really hard to get back on track. I dont even like cake??!!

Im beginning to think i should just do this cambridge diet. I need to have strict control and just saying to myself "eat healthily" isnt enough structure to me.

Im so fed up and dissapointed with myself - I dont dare weigh in!! I just dont know if I have the money to do cambridge - I currently only spend about £15 every 2 weeks on food so its a big jump in money!! :(

:wave_cry:

Well,

I gave in and started on Cambridge!!

I had put on all the weight I lost on my normal diet. So needed a new plan!

So far im on day 2 - waiting for Ketosis to kick in. Havent had any headaches, sickness, light headedness as yet. I know when it kicks in it will be bad though!!

Gosh, Im still so hungry. Trying to drink water to fill myself up. Im having a tetra pack this evening and have still got a tiny bit of chicken and mushroom left as well. Im working tonight on a Morrisey show so I wont be home till half 11 so have to spread my shakes out or else ill be faint towards the end of the night as Im on my feet. I just cant wait to see results as right now all I can think about is eating pizza express with doughballs! Dammit! I just think the amount Im paying I cant ruin it. I dont have much money to spare and hate wasting money. I can do this... I just wish work was busier so Im not sat thinking about food all day!

Back