National Movie Awards

Claireybella

Gold Member
Well, last night, me and the hubby went to the National Movie Awards. We were all suited and booted and looking particularly swish, if I don't mind saying so myself! :8855:

We were near the back, in the cheap seats, so really didn't see anyone in their seats (we kind of worked out that they weren't sat there all night, but bought in during the ad break before their awards) but it was still a fun night and an experience!

Hightlights for me were Carlisle from Twilight (I'm addicted to the books, and love the films just as much! :D) Simon Pegg, Orlando Bloom, James Cordan, Dominic Cooper, the Harry Potter kids (again, another big fan of the books and films) and Kylie! OMG! My hubby nearly wet himself when she came out! Ha ha! I would have killed for Gwenyth Paltrow's shoes too!

Now, if this was last years awards, then I'd have probably turned it down. The thought of wearing a party dress in a size 20 plus didn't fill me with much joy. But 22lbs lighter, and a dress size (maybe 2) smaller and I can honestly say, I felt fab in my party dress! :D

I'm glad you had a fabulous night and I'm sure you looked fantastic.

I just love James Nesbitt there is something about him that does it for me every time :lilkiss:

OOOOOO very swish lol

I started to watch it on the box but then was so tired i went to bed

Did think Big looked rather dapper, how cool/not cool was Toy Story 3 in 3D???

x

I'm glad you had a fabulous night and I'm sure you looked fantastic.

I just love James Nesbitt there is something about him that does it for me every time :lilkiss:

I love James Nesbitt too, but he wasn't funny enough, as he had to read the autoque. He was amusing during the breaks and when he had a chat with Kylie during the Harry Potter clip :)

OOOOOO very swish lol

I started to watch it on the box but then was so tired i went to bed

Did think Big looked rather dapper, how cool/not cool was Toy Story 3 in 3D???

x

Hmmmm, don't like Big, don't get the whole SATC thing! Am I the only one?

Toy Story 3D was amazing, and I can't wait to see it all!!! I'm a huge fan of the Toy Story movies (me and hubby went and saw TS2, and we were the only adults in the cinema without a kid!! :8855:) so I've been counting down since last summer!:)

Yay you! How lovely and good to hear you had a lovely time! :)

We are all HUGE TS fans here - even DD has Buzz as her hero and she's only 3!

Can't wait for TS3 - roll on July!! xx

Yay you! How lovely and good to hear you had a lovely time! :)

We are all HUGE TS fans here - even DD has Buzz as her hero and she's only 3!

Can't wait for TS3 - roll on July!! xx

My eldest son is 9, and during a big clear out of their room in February, he wouldn't let me throw out Woody! Regardless that he has lost a boot and the hat went a long time ago! Bless him!

Hmmmm, don't like Big, don't get the whole SATC thing! Am I the only one?

Toy Story 3D was amazing, and I can't wait to see it all!!! I'm a huge fan of the Toy Story movies (me and hubby went and saw TS2, and we were the only adults in the cinema without a kid!! :8855:) so I've been counting down since last summer!:)

I LOVE SATC but sont get the big thing, which was why I was surprised I thought he looked nice lol

I love TS, and the same as you have been on countdown for that (and the a team movie lol) since last summer, my giddiness made worse by the ads on tv saying coming in July that have been running since about Feb lol

CANNOT WAIT!!! x

Awwww. You look lovely!

Out of curiosity - how did you land tickets? I really enjoyed the show. James Nesbitt is hilarious - I love how deadpan he is. I'm obsessed with all and everything Harry Potter, so I had to watch it for that alone.

It was interesting to see the compilation of all the films Tom Cruise has been in, as well. You forget how many he's done!

I won tickets through a draw at work, but you can actually buy them. I was surprised that they were on £25 a ticket, so I've signed up for next year, to be alerted when tickets are available.

I alwaes watch things like that, will be glued to the BAFTA's on Sunday!:) I was the same with the Tom Cruise compilation too, I said to my hubby at the time that I'd forgotten half the films he had been in. Glad they showed a clip of The Outsiders, was one of my fave teen movies. I don't really like Tom Cruise and his speech bored me, but after watching the compilation, I realised that I had seen a fair few!

I love Harry Potter too, so was very happy the kids were there, just a shame Rupert wasn't, cos he's my fave!:) Obsessed with Twilight too, as I think half the world is, so was very happy Carlisle was there too! :D

Back