Naughty jump on the scales

platinumbabe

Jumped on the scales today before weigh in tomorrow and said I wouldnt as I jumped on yesterday too . Between yesterday and today Ive gained a llb. What the hell.
Im hoping its just a blip on the scales part and it will all change at weigh in tomorrow.
Come on those 5lbs I need you to come off for a stone loss.:mad:

hmmmm - that's the danger of jumping on the scales! I've found weight goes up and down but still like to weigh daily when I'm at home. It's very variable on how much water, if you've been to the loo, exercise/sweating and more.

Trust to the process and stay on track with shakes and water and you'll do great.

Ali

I'm sure that it's just a blip... Daily weighing isn't a good idea (although I do have scales OCD!!)

Nix

Ive really got to get out of the habit of daily (or more!) weighing. My weight went up 1lb this morning from yesterday and Ive been non stop 100% and was out in the garden digging yesterday so thought that might 'help'. You've got to think of the bigger picture though, overall I am losing and losing much more than I think I could any other way.

Stick with it platinumbabe, you WILL get there.

Everything crossed for you platinumbabe, I think its due to water retention most of the time, cant really be anything else if u've been 100% xx

Don't worry about it, a few weeks ago I weighed on a Thursday (my WI is Saturday) and I was 2lbs heavier than I was the Saturday before lol. When it got to WI I was 3lbs lighter than on the Thursday.

Then the next WI I was 6lbs lighter than that weight...

Weight just goes up and down all the time, weighing once a week gives you the most true results, just take it with a pinch of salt and carry on trucking :)

Just noticed you drink Bouillon aswell, when I drink that I retain water like a sponge... ESPECIALLY if it isn't the reduced salt version!!!

Try cutting back on that and check the scales again, you'll be amazed :p

I showed a 2 lb gain the other day but it was gone by the next day :)

If you're going to do daily weigh ins you can't allow the numbers to get to you

Personally I've never found the regular bullion has made any difference. I suppose it maybe depends how much you drink

Hi All , thanks for your supportive responses , I have been totally 100% for the past fortnight nothing has passed my lips all bit a mouth spray now and again and the boullion last night which was reduced salt one . Im sure your all right and that its all down to water retention or just a blip and ill lose 2lbs tomorrow. Will not be having the boullion tonight just incase. So back to drinking plenty of water and black coffee for the rest of the day . Have a meeting tonight so I defiantely will be good and 100% and looking forward to results tomorrow.

I know some don't think its anything to do with the boullion, but the same thing happened to me after having boullion for the first time, cept it was 2lb, was also reduced salt, I wont have it again just in case. Not like I miss it anyway.xx

On the flip side of that I showed a 2lb gain last week. If I'd had anything extra that say it might have been tempting to blame it. In actual fact it was just one of those things you get when you weigh daily. It's incredibly unlikely a couple of cups of bullion could do ANY damage let alone retain so much water you showed a gain. But I can see why it's put you off

scales are evil!!!!! Don't take any notice PB, Aas long as your clothes are getting bigger and your measurements are shrinking then sod the scales :) Don't let them bring you down x

well im not letting it get to me , Ill soldier on carry on the way I have been and look forward to jumping on the scales tomorrow . I know ive been 100% and have lost this week. Just have to wait to see how much. If its not a lot, then onto week 3 to lose the first stone.

I did a sneaky weigh too and I put on 1lb. It made me all disheartened this morning but weigh in is on wednesday so I'm putting it down to water retention and a scale issue!! We seem to always have similar problems haha

And guess what, I'm annoyed I'm coming to the end of day 4 of week 2 and I've only lost 2lb!! I'll find it really hard to carry on if I dont see a substantial loss each week...I just dont get it, how can u be sticking to it 100% and not b having big losses grrrr!! Fingers crossed for us all xx

On the flip side of that I showed a 2lb gain last week. If I'd had anything extra that say it might have been tempting to blame it. In actual fact it was just one of those things you get when you weigh daily. It's incredibly unlikely a couple of cups of bullion could do ANY damage let alone retain so much water you showed a gain. But I can see why it's put you off

I know its probably irrational thinking its a result of the boullion but I'm also a fan of if its not broke don't fix it. I'd rather follow the plan exactly as its written, ie no different bars, no boullion, no coke zero as thats just the way I am but I understand why others have them. I just wouldnt.xx

Last edited:
Sometimes I'll weigh and not have moved the scales at all, then the next day (yes, i'm a daily weigher:sigh:) they will have moved by 3-4lbs! I guess sticking to 1 weigh in a week would be better but i just cant do it!! I'm sooo very curious! I should lock the scales in the shed, cos i only weigh in the mornings, and there is no way i'm going across the garden in my PJ's just to get them! Perhaps i'll do that now...:D

I think daily weighing can be good if it keeps you motivated, if it starts to threaten your diet I think you should stop though :p I probably would daily weigh but I just can't really be bothered :p

Saturday morning weigh ins are the best! Gives me time to sit and reflect on it hahah, love sitting updating my ticker and everything aswell, thats kinda what makes it all worth while for me :p

Back