naughty syn free saturdays

choccybuttons

Hi

Im doing sw ee. I stick to plan during the week using 5-10 syns but on Sat I tend to go out for lunch with oh and kids (he works away during the week). I tend to have a kfc and then a bit of chocolate in the evening. I never syn this and just get back on plan the next day. Its seems to work for me as getting about a 1lb a week off. Anyone else not really strict plan followers.

ps. I know it might come back and bite me i the butt later but then I will just cut it out so no lectures please.

I love KFC... why not try the KFC SW style recipe? It's really yummy.

Tried the syn free kfc but found it really salty and chicken a bit tough. It was ok cold. Should add that I go to the gym too so that prob making a difference. Iv just been so strict with diets in the past (ww), getting great weight losses and reaching target quickly but Im never able to stay as Iv cut out all the foods I enjoy. So this time I thought I would concentrate more on getting fitter than worry about my weight so much. Its slow going but hopefully loosing it very slowly with treats will allow me to keep it up for years to come.

You are absolutely right, and can't imagine you are going massively far off plan as having between 35 to 70 syns left from rest of week prob balances the most of it, at the end of the day as long as the level of your weight loss keeps working for you, and keeps yourself and your partner happy why not carry on, the last thing I'm sure the oh wants to hear when he sees you after being apart all week is 'we can't go there' or I can't eat that!?

I agree with kimmykins, if you're having 5-10 syns a day you would have 35-70 to use on a sat. This is what I do. I love curry and lager (haha, sound like such a bloke. Lol) so I have relatively low syn days during the week so I can have a few pints and a curry on a sat. Especially with the 6 nations on at the mo - it involves a little extra drinking. :)

One thing I will say is maybe track the syns you're eating even if you are counting it as 'off plan'. The only reason I say that is coz I know if I had my sat night unmonitored and then had a gain or something I'd struggle. Where as if I knew I had 140 syns for the week I know I just need to lower my syns during the week etc to be able to keep having my sat night. Ya know?

That's exactly what I'll be doing occasionally. The whole point of sw is that it's a lifestyle you can keep up. I reckon I'll get away with the odd over syns day for a while, coz I have quite a bit of weight to lose. I may have to up the exercise and reduce the syns as I get closer to target but I'm prepared for that. At the moment I'm enjoying ocassional flexisyns :)

Back