NB: Adding spices, curry powder etc to soups *Answer directly from Lipotrim*

April1

Hi All, I have seen a few posts whereby people are asking about adding ingredients to the soups or shakes. Only last week I myself was told by my pharmacist that I could add curry powder, hot pepper sauce, pepper & chilli's to the lipotrim chicken soup; in fact she told me that the spicy stuff will help quicken my metabolism. She also told me that I can add coffee or cinammon to my chocolate & Vanilla shakes. I have seen varying answers from different people on here so thought (after a week of adding curry powder to my soups) that I better find out and ask Lipotrim direct. In short the answer is NO...don't do it.

Lipotrim replied stating that the pharmacist is wrong. They told me that you can add nothing at all to the soups and the only thing you can add to the shakes is a bit of coffee.

I also asked about the awful taste in my mouth and subsequent bad breath and whether I can use mouth spray, mouth wash or chewing gum. There short reply was that the bad taste was Ketones and that the pharmacist can get breath strips from them for me. They did not comment on the mouth wash, mouth spray or chewing gum at all either to say yes you can use them or no you can't. (This did make me wonder whether they want you to only use their breath strips as a bit of a way of making extra money????)

Either way I hope this has cleared up some of the queries and incorrect information being given out....I will certainly be broaching this matter with my pharmacist for giving out wrong information.

Thanks for this post I had heard so much but decided not to as nobody had confirmed this! My chemist told me she put pepper in her soup and was fine but then she also told me 5kg was only 2/3 lbs and nearly made me give up all together! Also I have heard that chewing gum can bring you out of ketosis so I wouldn't risk it! X Alex x

Thanks, I've been doing this for bloody 10 weeks adding pepper to soup. the pharmaceys need to get there facts straight.

Thanks for finding out xx

My pharmacy told me I could add pepper aswell glad I haven't and its a no no to chewingum just the breath strips im guessing mouth wash should be ok because u are not drinking it just rinsing xx

Thanks, I've been doing this for bloody 10 weeks adding pepper to soup. the pharmaceys need to get there facts straight.

Thanks for finding out xx

you're welcome Emmy_lu I have also been using pepper and as I said curry powder etc to give it some taste, quite annoyed but never mind now we know. 10 weeks is fantastic :)) well done you x

I know! I might as well had something nice if I was going to spoil it lol. Yeah hoping this is my last week before I refeed, bit nervous about it I'm going to sit down and write it all down so I don't end up picking x

I know! I might as well had something nice if I was going to spoil it lol. Yeah hoping this is my last week before I refeed, bit nervous about it I'm going to sit down and write it all down so I don't end up picking x

I've got a while yet before i get to that stage (maybe around 10 weeks myself) but let me know how it goes for you. I am very interested to find out how easy it is to control/manage any possible weight gain x

Thanks for clearing this up. For the first 7 weeks on this diet I mostly got chocolate and some visits to the chemist I only got chocolate all together because I couldn't bare the taste of the vanilla or strawberry. I like to put ice in my chocolate with coffee and a tablet sweetener which gives it all the kick I need. I am now loving the chicken soup and was tempted to add something to it but never in fear I would come out of ketosis so I am glad this has been cleared up and confirmed by lipotrim. I do like the chicken on its own I think I was just tempted from reading of others adding herbs etc. I don't think the chemists are fully aware or up to scratch on the diet the girl who serves me most weeks has to ask me how much it is each week as she forgets...

I've got a while yet before i get to that stage (maybe around 10 weeks myself) but let me know how it goes for you. I am very interested to find out how easy it is to control/manage any possible weight gain x

I will def keep you posted, I really want to keep the weight off so will be weighing everything I eat. Your doing well, it's surprising how quick 10 weeks goes, just try keep busy and never get tempted to cheat, good luck Hun x

Adding a tiny sprinkle of pepper to your soup isn't likely to bring you out of ketosis. If you eat tons of the stuff then yes it will.

Adding coffee to your vanilla won't have any effect- you're allowed coffee as a drink so why does it matter if you consume it with or without a shake?

Adding a tiny bit of curry powder won't hurt either - but don't go wild.

Strictly you're not meant to but small amounts may make the diet more manageable and you may last for longer than if you don't.

Same with some types of diet coke - I drank ASDA coke zero every day for the first month of the diet and it didn't seem to make a difference. When I quit my losses were lower (probably a coincidence.)

Back