nearing goal and scared t give up CD

leeds123

Silver Member
hi

I am one stone away from goal, and should be thnking of going up the plans soon. but i am too scared to stop CD and start having food everyday. I have had a day off some weeks for my journey and that has been fine with good choices and smallish portions, but to go back to food full time seems too scary. Can i do it? i will be going up the plans, but even some maintainers seem to struggle with it. dont want to use CD as a crutch but dont want to be without it either.....

Well done for getting near to your goal! How much have you lost in total? I am sure your CDC will be able to help you - don't see using CD as a crutch - see it as a safety net - there to reassure you if you are managing, and there to catch you if you fall. :)

Maybe now is s good time to start looking at what foods are good, fats, carbs etc. Get some healthy cook books and look at the refeed diaries both on CD and LT as there are some fantastic tips and meal suggestions. Good luck, you will be fine!

I know it can feel a bit scary, but try not to look too far forward. Focus on the 'now' with a 3rd eye on the future and what fun it will be chosing new foods, playing with new recipes and facing the challenges :clap:

Maintenance is lots of very small steps, not one great big leap into the unknown, and the stabilisation steps will gradually ease you into it...bit by bit until you feel more confident to go it alone :)

know what you mean, I got to with in 2 lbs of my original goal of 10 st ( but would ideally like to be 9 st 7 lbs) but did't go up the plans plans properly, and gained 11 lbs, and now struggling to stay on track, but I will get there and when I do I will go up the plans properly, I have learnt my lesson.

Back