Nearly finished Foundation

Tasty Tracey

Hi ALL

I have 3 days left on my foundation course and am unable to start the Management ( due to commitments) but would still like to keep the weight off (3 stone yippee) and may lose a bit more. Has anyone here thought of doing the GI PLAN, I have beening reading all about it but would like some input from someone who has tried it.

Tracey

Well done Tracey on your great froundation loss!

I havent done low GI, but its how I think I want to cook, not necessarily for weight loss, but general health & maintenance after LL. I have bought AWT's low GI cook book & its great. In it it explains the principles of Low GI eating and has some really lovely recipes. I book mine a while ago from The Book People, but I think you could prob get it anywhere!

Best of luck!

I've done Rosemary Connellys low GI diet class & before that ate food only from the low GI range.
When I complete management, I plan to eat low GI food because it is the healthiest way to eat & it is a plan that is very easy to stick to in the long term.

Tasty,

Good luck on your weight loss and taking the next step so positively.

I too am thinking of using the Gi plan combined with a veggie diet (i'm veggie) too once I finish management, which I start tomorrow!!

So many people seem to be following this diet so I am interested in your post and the replies you get.

Well done and good luck, keep us informed on how you get on xx

HI,

I am still on Foundation myself, but before doing LL I lost weight, felt healthy and felt full after meals following Ian Marber/The Food Doctor. And My hubby liked the food although needed a bigger portion

I have all his books and recipies are nice

hope this helps

Sam

Ps, it's also based on the low GI principles

Hi Tasty Tracey. yes I do think the low GI is an easy to follow eating plan.
If you stick to unprocessed food you should be ok.

Hi Tracey
I'm planning on following the GL diet which follows the GI principle but appears to be a bit more flexible? Maybe that's just my interpretation?
Regardless, GL or GI seems to be the way forward!
Good luck with it all :D

Hi Tracey

I did LL management but am now trying to stick with a low GI plan. I found the Rosemary Connelly GI book really useful. Have managed to keep the weight off now for a few months so it seems to be working. It's a healthy and satisfying diet if you can get into it! The only thing is it's not very forgiving if you do eat a few things that are not on the plan!. Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Avril
x

Back