Need a bit of help

Bethany246

Banned
Hi
It is my ww meeting tonight and I dont know what to do as the leader does the weighing and she is weighing from 6.30pm till 7.15pm or till the people stop coming in . And then you might get .15 mins with her to talk about what ever and I am just wondering will I be paying th £4.95 just for nothing a bit undecided . Does any other members leader do this or do you get the leader all through the meeting and somebody else does the weighing .

I think thats how most WW meetings work. I know it was when I went. If I had any questions etc then I usually asked them when I was being weighed.

I think for now you probably need to go to meetings for the discipline of the weigh ins.

If you start losing weight every week itll be £4.95 well spent :)

Good luck tonight :)

Yeah my recollections of WW and SW was that you asked your questions as you were being weighed (whilst stripping off as many clothes as possible :rolleyes: ) then ask general questions during the meeting. :)

I pay £4.95 everyweek and I ONLY get weighed. I dont stay for the meeting at all. I only stayed my first week and that was it.

I think £4.95 is definately money well spent to get that weight off wether you stay or not. I find that when I am being weighed is the best time to ask your questions as then you get her to yourself.

Let us know what you decide and how you get on!!

BETHANY!! You need to count EVERYTHING!!!!

Hi
It is my ww meeting tonight and I dont know what to do as the leader does the weighing and she is weighing from 6.30pm till 7.15pm or till the people stop coming in . And then you might get .15 mins with her to talk about what ever and I am just wondering will I be paying th £4.95 just for nothing a bit undecided . Does any other members leader do this or do you get the leader all through the meeting and somebody else does the weighing .

In my experience (and I have been to a few different meetings/leaders over the years)it is half an hour for weighing, then half an hour talk. Often if weighing is going on after 30 minutes, a helper will continue. I had one leader a man, who always started late, but then we still had a full half hour.
Personally I always stay to the meeting, as not only can you pick up tips and feel motivated, but as a cheapskate, if I am handing over nearly a fiver I want my moneys worth. If it is just for a weigh, I would nip to Boots for 50p.
Are there any other WW meetings nearby, that you could try, or why not join up online, if that is tricky?
Good luck

Thanks Holly
There is only one person who takes your money and then the leader weighs everyone and it starts at 6.30pm and people keep coming in so she keeps weighing while no one comes in it could be till 7 15pm then she starts to talk but we have only got 15 to 20 mins thats all would not be so bad if she had somebody to weigh for her and then she would have more time with her members . No there is not another meeting localy
Thanks for your help

Gosh, that doesn't seem like much staff, to me. At my current meeting, there is a greeter for new members, two ladies to give you your card, two to take money, leader plus another for weighing and two on the 'shop'

What do other members have?

i had one lady for new members, 2 for the cards, one to take your money, 1 for the shop and then the leader weighing on one set of scales and another lady weighing on another - 7 alltogether.

the leader always started late and then did about 20 - 30 min talk at the end.

At ours we have 1 greeting and giving you your cards, 1 for new members, 2 sets of weighing scales with 2 people weighing, 2 to take money and then 1 on the shop.

With the 2 sets of scales it does mean that the weighing gets over and done with a lot quicker........

That really does'nt seem like a lot of people to help out Bethany. I dont know how it works but would it be an idea if you asked if you could help (obviously if you have time). Then that means you get weighed first and get all the extra benefit of being able to talk to the leader whilst helping set up. Also you would get to talk to the members as well and get some idea's..........Just a thought.

xx

Bethany...

Forgive me for being daft, but if you're not counting points, and you're not going to the meetings, then you're not actually doing Weight Watchers, are you?

This isn't intended as criticism, and I know you have looked into several different diets, but I think in order to really succeed you will have to throw yourself into the one you choose. If you don't commit to it, you won't see the results.

I know you are a determined lady, Bethany, and I think the key for you is trust - you have to trust that if you follow the plan, count your points, actually eat all of them and attend your weekly meetings, then the weight WILL come off. We know you can do it!

Hey Bethany, if WW is not going great, how about giving Juddd a go. It is a fairly relaxed regime, does need careful cal counting on DD's but on UD's you can have what you like - within reason!
I have lost 7lbs in just over 2 weeks and am finding it a real break from the strict diet world.

Just a thought!

love

Bethany...

Forgive me for being daft, but if you're not counting points, and you're not going to the meetings, then you're not actually doing Weight Watchers, are you?

Youve hit the nail on the head kate.

Bethany what happened to your new positive outlook? It only lasted about 2 days. I cant believe youre STILL not counting points :banghead:

Maybe you should think about calorie counting or something. Clearly WW isnt working.

Hey Bethany, if WW is not going great, how about giving Juddd a go. It is a fairly relaxed regime, does need careful cal counting on DD's but on UD's you can have what you like - within reason!
I have lost 7lbs in just over 2 weeks and am finding it a real break from the strict diet world.

Just a thought!

love

But again Barb, JUDDD only works if you actually follow the rules and stick to it.... and therein lies the problem

You are so right Starlight - i have stuck rigidly to the rules. I can't see the point in doing it at all unless you are going to do 100%. I have had temptation literally put under my nose this morning and it just would not enter my head to succumb, I want the results I have to do the DD. End of.

Thats the point we're all having trouble getting across. We've explained that, anyone who is succeeding on any diet be it WW, CD, JUDD etc are ONLY succeeding because theyre sticking to it 100%.

Like you, my desire to lose weight overrides any desire I have to overeat. Until you realise that, no diet will work.

Guessing points and not sticking to WW is NEVER EVER going to get any weight off

Thanks Starlight
I do still want to do ww but it is when ive gone to pot it takes some getting back on track. I know some body who does not follow any plans and eats everything and loses weight slowly and it goes to proof you can lose weight without following a plan

I dont believe that for a minute - unless perhaps they only WANT to eat salads and vegetables.

You sounded so positive earlier in the week what happened to that. You even acknowledged you had to stick to WW

Maybe its time you admitted defeat with WW now Bethany and tried something else. WW clearly isnt the diet for you, maybe calorie counting or JUDD would be more suitable, but then again you still have to STICK to their principles too and you dont seem to want to do that at all

Back