Need a boot up the ___!!!

Hi folks,

I did lipotrim last year and it was great! Lost so much weight and kept it off! That was until a few months ago. Now I put all the weight back on plus A LOT more!!!!

I'm so miserable, hate the way I look, no confidence and am starting a new job in a few weeks, plus I have my graduation at end of November and will die of shame if I am still this size in those photos!

Having said all this... I am a binge/secret eater. I have no support from partner who just mocks me and calls me a failure. I need to boost myself into achieving this! But I just can't get myself back into the frame of mind to start - I wondered if anyone has any tips on how to regain the frame of mind and motivation???

Many thanks ❤

I'm in an identical situation.

I lost weight over two years ago, but now have regained all of it plus about a stone more... I finished my job yesterday, I start a new one on Monday.
I am going to try and take this opportunity for a new start in everything. Work, Weight Loss and Life. The bonus for me is my new place of work has a free gym!

I was in a similar situation (although without the disparaging partner) up until a few weeks ago. I was in such a rut and it hadn't even really dawned on me. In the end what really helped was getting it all down on paper. It really helped me just get it all out in the open (I wrote a letter to my best friend who's currently in Afghanistan, but just writing it down for yourself might help.) It made me acknowledge it and realise that only I could do anything to change it, and it wasn't going to help if I just moped and comfort ate. Don't try to do too much at once. I only rejoined Slimming World yesterday, and that's been after a few weeks of taking on things one step at a time (inc. getting the house clean and tidy, talking to the recruiting officer for the job I want, starting exercise classes, having a serious chat with my boyfriend). I think if I'd started with the dieting it just would have made me feel more miserable. I needed to get all the surrounding things sorted to make myself feel positive and have some self-belief. And as a last resort, I know it's all up to me. Each choice I make will either take me closer to or further from my goal - it's my decision.

Last edited:
Back