Need a kick up the backside!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by crewboi83, 6 March 2008 Social URL.

1. crewboi83

crewboi83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slim and Save
    I'm so dissapointed, after loosing 2.5 stone and being so near goal weight in Dec I fell off the wagon, its taken a few months to get myself back in that place to re start but I have.
    Started SS today, forgot how hard it is somtimes, im fine as long as no one else is within a 5 mile radius eating lol.... and i never knew how many ads on TV were for food.
    I started SS but i was soooo hungry at 6 I had a choc snackajack! lol

Anyone got any wise words to help out, or any little tips of something i can nibble on when im at an all time low... like a slice of ham here, bit of chicken there.... i know it defeats he object of SS but it really helps on those days where u just cant see the light at the end of the tunnel.

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

hi and good on you for starting sole source again.

So, what caused you to stop in December - was it the temptations of christmas? Prior to that did you ever have the need to nibble on something other than the packs/bars? If you didn't then you really don't need to this time either. And even if you did nibble before, that doesn't mean you need to nibble during this ss session. That is the truth of the matter.

However, having found it difficult to get back into the swing of things after my planned break in December, I know it isn't always that simple. I think it is sensible to have safe foods in the house so that if the urge does become too great you have that to fall back on rather than carbing up. However, there is also the chance it will make it easy for you to stray.

My advice is go back to basics and remember the techniques you used when you first began SS the last time. Glug the water, split packs if you need to so that you have something more frequently and satisfy that "mouth" urge (well, I got it). Try to keep yourself occupied, whatever that is for you - mine is my addiction to this site :). Get through the first few days one day at a time. You have to dig deep the first few days.

Then keep telling yourself you will make it through to the first weigh in - 100% sole sourcing. You can do it. Then you will be weighed and it will make all the difference to your motivation and help you through the next week.

As I say, I struggled a bit (after being 100% abstinant (ss) from food for 100 days) and on days when it went a bit peared shaped I just picked myself up again and started again (immediately). I'm back in the zone now.

If you must go the safe food route - keep some chicken in the house (and maybe some celery - have a little ... really, a little ... if you really feel the urge to crunch on something). But it is best to try resisting and focus on your end goal

good luck

(sorry to waffle on)
  4. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    well done for re joining cd and doing ss,i no its not easy,just hold on in there and you will be slim againx:D
  5. Emm28

Emm28 Silver Member

Cambridge Diet
    good luck and well done for getting back on the wagon x x
  6. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Dancing made some excellent points,and good luck with your re-start.
    If you are really struggling perhaps you could do a week of 790 to ease yourself back in,or even do 790 if you find you are permantely having blips.
    Over the weeks I have come to think that SS is just not for everyone and if you can't do it then the harm it does to your self esteem,as you are beating yourself up constantly is just self destructive.
    People have fabulous losses on 790!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.