Need a little advise

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Jack_D, 4 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Jack_D

Jack_D Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Afternoon all,

After my WI last night and gaining another 0.5lb i was just wondering if i started to mix my days, at the mo i am doing 7 EE days. I was thinking about putting in 2 Green days say on a Tuesday and Thursday.... i really need to start loosing again other wise i think i might just fall off the wagon.....

so my question is

Would this work and can anyone advise on any meals for Green days....

Cheers in advance..

Jack_D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. evilpenguin

evilpenguin Not evil at all

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Back to Slimming World
    Hi Jack_D,

Mixing the plans almost always boosts losses, at least for me it does. I recently went back to doing red 100% as EE stopped working for me, it hasnt been a full week yet so I can't judge if it's worked but I know it will! Green days don't work for me but I love them, meals I like on green are macaroni cheese bakes, spaghetti carbonara with quorn bacon, quorn chicken pasta with mushroom sauce, SW chips with quorn sausages and beans and eggs.. there's so much you can have on green! Do you have website access? I get most of my recipes from there or from the recipe section on here :) Hope this helps + good luck xxx

4. sarahm85

sarahm85 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.5lb(18.57%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    There is no right or wrong way of what plans to do on SW, it's all about what's best for you and what best fits into your life.

The gain could be due to too many EE days - but are you sticking to the rules? For example, are you making sure you include 1/3 superfree with your meals, measuring your healthy extras etc? Sometimes when I gain I know deep down it's due to bending the SW rules a little!

I do mainly Green with one or two EE days in, because I don't eat a huge amount of meat, and this works for me with steady losses of around 1lb a week.

My favourite Green meals:
    * Quorn everything! - The mince, plain fillets, chicken stle pieces and the plain sausages are free - have with veg, or use mince for SW lasagne/ spag bol, cook fillets or pieces in herby passata, Quorn sausages and mash - the possibilites are endless!
    * Jacket potatoes, with beans, cottage cheese, etc etc
    * Asda's tinned chickpea dahl - free on Green and absolutely gorgeous!
    * Pasta - serve with passata and herbs and veg, make a cold pasta salad, again possibilites are endless.
    * SW quiche - search on here for the different variations on the recipe.

Hope this helps!

5. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    it won't harm to try it out will it?Variety is the spice of SW.

6. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I couldnt get on with EE fulltime, so swapped to red with the odd green/ee day when i have carb cravings or meals out.....

I lost loads when i swapped, its calmed down a bit now! xxx

7. dreamingmaid

dreamingmaid Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(21.08%)
    Diet:
    cambridge weight plan
    I had a half a pound gain too on my second week of EE so i am now going to mix up my days....mainly red and green and the odd EE thrown in for good measure.

8. Jack_D

Jack_D Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you all for your repiles, i have now set out a meal plan for this week and included a few green days, hopefully this will give me boost again..

Thanks again

Jack_D

9. Victoria_30

Victoria_30 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.5lb(0.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just to add to Sarahm, as you love quorn, the sweedish meatballs are free and both days Red/Green and are absolutely beautiful x

10. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I've only done EE, apart from when I went to Elle's for the weekend and did whatever she was doing at that time :D

11. 10st10lbs

10st10lbs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I gained 0.5lbs in my first week, I think I felt too free on EE knowing I could eat a bit of everything and not suffer. Trying Green for the first time today, hoping I can stick to it for a few days or if not, then have a mix of Green and EE over the week. I have a diary in my sig, take a look if you need ideas :) xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.