Need a little help lol.

alfiemama

Hi everyone;)

I am new to here and slimming world and trying to get my head around it all.

I am an ex ww but the old way and to be honest, I don't like the new way (just me though I think).

Anyway I am not sure whether to try red and green days or ee and still not 100% how to do either:8855:.

I have set out on a green day I think.

I have had special K for brekkie (only cereal in) its the one with oats and honey so counted 5 syns for 30g (not sure if this is right)

Apple (free)

Then for lunch I have had a full packet of Ainsley Harriott couscous which I weighed out a 100g dried so counted this as 2 syns
plus 142g of kind prawns (free on green, I think)

Does this sound correct? Seems an awful lots of couscous for 2 syns.

Any help and advice appreciated.

Hi Alfiemama!

I mainly stick to red or I have the ocaasional green. Everyone is different, but all plans workthere are some great losses on here and at my club even though we all do it differently.

When you first start your welcome pack will need to be your bible! Keep checking everything, within a week you will soon be into it. I dont have my book with me at the moment, so I cant check the syns, but I know that prawns are NOT free on a green day. They are free on a red. They are probably very high in syns on a green day.

I tend to chow on fruit and veg between meals that I know are free eg raspberries, strawberries, bananas etc!

Have a look at a few of the diarys on here to get some ideas - best of luck! x

Hi Vicki,

Thanks for replying.

Oh eck I think I meant that it was a heb (142g prawns) on a green day.

I'm not yet attending any meetings and Ive dug out an old book someone leant me (food optimising one) but think I may need to bite the bullet and find a meeting.

Sounds a good idea Vicki.

I have been doing the Dukan diet but struggled with the no carbs, I don't eat a lot of them but the thought of not having them at all, sent me into a tizz.

I have had special K for brekkie (only cereal in) its the one with oats and honey so counted 5 syns for 30g (not sure if this is right)

Apple (free)

Then for lunch I have had a full packet of Ainsley Harriott couscous which I weighed out a 100g dried so counted this as 2 syns

Special K with Oats & Honey 25g = 4½ so about 5.5 syns for 30g.

Ainsley Harriott couscus vary between 1 and 3.5 syns for the pack depending on flavour as long as you make it with water only (no butter/milk)

Yep 142g prawns is a HEXB.

So far you've only listed one Healthy Extra (the prawns), so if you had had 1/3 superfree with each meal you could have called this an Extra Easy day and still be left with your HEXA and HEXB as the prawns would be free. But I assume you had milk as a HEX with your cereal?

If you want to call it Green you still have 2 HEXes left after milk and prawns.

Make sure you eat plenty of fruit & veg (superfree) as well as your HEXes. Otherwise it all looks good so far.

Hi everyone;)

I am new to here and slimming world and trying to get my head around it all.

I am an ex ww but the old way and to be honest, I don't like the new way (just me though I think).

Anyway I am not sure whether to try red and green days or ee and still not 100% how to do either:8855:.

Apple (free)

Sorry- Edited as I just realised I wrote almost word for word what Ermintrude did!

Yeah, to avoid confusion the 142g is for prawns with the shell on - as Kingleds says shelled prawns are 113g. I dont eat prawns, sorry if it wasnt clear.

Special K with Oats & Honey 25g = 4½ so about 5.5 syns for 30g.

Ainsley Harriott couscus vary between 1 and 3.5 syns for the pack depending on flavour as long as you make it with water only (no butter/milk)

Yep 142g prawns is a HEXB.

So far you've only listed one Healthy Extra (the prawns), so if you had had 1/3 superfree with each meal you could have called this an Extra Easy day and still be left with your HEXA and HEXB as the prawns would be free. But I assume you had milk as a HEX with your cereal?

If you want to call it Green you still have 2 HEXes left after milk and prawns.

Make sure you eat plenty of fruit & veg (superfree) as well as your HEXes. Otherwise it all looks good so far.

Thanks Ermintrude and Kingsled.

I had 2 peaches after my lunch, could I count this as 1/3 super free, therefore changing it to an EE day and syn the special k (5.5) and the milk for my cereal (hea)

For my tea I am planning on having Jacket pot with tuna and balsamic vinegar and 1/3 salad.
Pud pud would be quark mixed with white choc options (2 syns) and banana and 1/2 merangue nest on top so (1.5 syns)

Not sure where/what I could have for heb, maybe a ryvita with laughing cow on it, obviously would have to syn the ryvita.

Hopefully, I'm getting the hang of this, thanks guys

You would be best swapping to extra easy, yes or use your second heb for the tuna. If you swap to extra easy then Count the ryvita as a heb & syn the laughing cow, and from tomorrow plan what you're having & at least in the short term plan a week ahead so you know what each day will be before you start it :)

Back