need a moan!!

red1983

Hi all,

I'm normally pretty chirpy and enthusiastic about my sw journey but i have to say i'm pretty disappointed today. I had a 100% week last week - totally good didn't go off the plan at all, and exercised as i usually do all week and only lost 1lb!! I know i shouldn't be disappointed as its a loss but i kind of feel a little cheated!!

Back to it again today but just seemed to have lost my passion today! I kind of feel although i'm sticking to it that i can't be bothered.. I know i'm just pitying myself but need to get it out of my system so i don't go off the rails!!

K xx

Red, sorry you didn't lose what you thought you should.
I know i am similar and can have a perfect week and not lose much but i tend to find that the weight comes off the following week - i think my body takes a little longer to actually let go of the weight. Perhaps you will be the same!

Keep going and stick with it and hopefully you'll have a very good loss next week!

Hiya

I know its difficult when you've stuck to plan and also exercised but come out disappointed with the result, but just think ... if you do the same again this week, then last week may catch up and you may have a big whoosh!

Don't feel disheartened, look forward to your next WI instead, knowing that you've been 100% again, you're bound to get a good result.

Jo x

stick at it, you'll feel much better next week, and your hard work will be rewarded, i had weeks were i only lost half a pound, but over the weeks its all kinda balanced its self out. Just dig in and keep at it :)

Hi

I was the same last week -1.5lb, and I also felt a little disappointed as I also stuck to the plan 100%, and did shed loads of cardio. I hope this week I have a boost as I have ate some much speed food I look like a bloody racing car!!!!! ( LOL)

Philx

"Only" a pound a week equates to "only" 3 stone 10 lb in a year.

Food for thought!!

Don't be downhearted or dispondant and don't fall off the wagon. A pound is a healthy weight loss. If you are used to losing more and you know you have been good then it will show either next week or in inches lost.

Stick with it and it's not "only" a pound, it's a wonderful, healthy weight loss pound and it's gone for good!

Just found this from a thread a few weeks ago....

Hello, do you know me?

If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,

and I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.

Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me;

I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!

Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds,

But never only one.

So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.

That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, its fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."

(As if that were such a terrible thing.)

For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.

And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.

Happy Days!!!

After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

I think that's brilliant Jaylou! I have seen it a couple of times but it always brings home just what 'only a lb' is! :) x

I think a pound loss is GREAT! Well done! When you're not losing as quick as you like - just think about this - you didnt put on all the weight you want to lose overnight so don't be impatient it will take a wee while to shift- that's what our consultant always says to us when we're disappointed about a low loss...

You're going in the right direction and as my old mother loves to say 'slow and steady wins the race' :D KEEP GOING!!!!

Jaylou I've just printed off that and will stick it to the cupboard door where I keep all the naughty stuff (for my hubby and little boy obviously). And will be so glad tomorrow if at WI I manage one little pound not been the best of weeks. Well done Red and let us know how you get on next week (I gained my first week but had good loss the following).

A pound - that's brilliant! I wish I'd lost a pound! I have been doing an impression of a yoyo these past 2-3 months and it's hugely frustrating. I long for a losss - any loss! - so be grateful for your pound!

Hiya

I was good all week, exercised like an olympian and stayed the same. I think this just happens sometimes, perhaps we will have a better weight loss next week, wish Id lost a pound!

Back