Step 1 Sole Source Need a snap back to reality!

Cat-1-

So I started off on Cambridge SS in March this year and done really well for 3 months straight, with the exception of 3 times I stuck to it 100% without not too much hassle. I went back to the UK then on holiday in about June time and came off SS then (completely)! Since ice came back I've found it almost impossible to get back on the Cambridge train and my weight is sneaking up. I had lost 18kg in the3 monthss I did it but now I've put on approx 6kg so I've not even reached my goal weight. I can't seem to get back in the zone - I manage it for nearly a week then I just break!

Has anyone else had this problem before - or any advice about how to get back into it would be really appreciated. I'm scared I'm going to undo all my hard work I previously put in & am starting to hate myself for doing so badly now! :(

Hi Cat, I did SS+ from March to June and lost 4 stone. Went on holiday in June and came off plan until last week when I re started. I tried Slim 'n Save inbetween, but as great as the plan is, I just couldn't stick with it. I more or less maintained my loss during my break (besides a 7lb gain, but I have read that it is normal to gain between half to one stone once off a VLCD as your body fills up it's glycogen store again. When on SnS I had so many starts and re starts it just became ridiculous. Fooling myself each time. I would start, stick to it for 2-4 days and then cheat. This went on for 6 or so weeks and eventually I decided to do CWP again. I won't lie to you, it has been hard, but I am sticking with it so far (that's not to say that I dont have a little voice on my shoulder telling me that just a little bit of this or that - just this once, can't do any harm!). When I did the plan previously I read other posts on here from ladies that were re starting the plan and saying how hard it is the 2nd or 3rd time round. I just never really appreciated how true that is!! It is sooooo much harder the 2nd time round! But, we know it works and your weight loss previously is all the proof you need. You just need to find your mojo again and stick to it. One day becomes two days, becomes a week and before you know it you'll be at target. When I struggle, I either come on here and read some inspirational diaries or look at some amazing before and after pics or I think of a time when I felt the most hobbile at my fattest and then remember how horrible that felt. That is usually enough to send shivers down my spine and carry on. It's not easy and I so feel your pain, but one consolation is that you are not the only one, that there are others like me and many more in the same position. Stick to it. You can do it! Good luck! x

Thanks pink tulip, that helps me feel a bit more motivated.
Its crazy because for the same amount of time I spent on it (12 weeks) I have spent off it trying to get back on, & the last 12 weeks have been the worst. I have tried lots of different strategies - looking at older of photos of me heavier & skinnier etc but it's not working. Very frustrating. I'm sure if I can go past a week ill get my mojo back & get back into it - you are right though coming on here goes makes you feel less alone in your journey & gives you that life you need. Maybe that is the key for me. It good to know that other people struggle getting back on it - I just didn't realise it would've this difficult xx

Thanks pink tulip, that helps me feel a bit more motivated.
Its crazy because for the same amount of time I spent on it (12 weeks) I have spent off it trying to get back on, & the last 12 weeks have been the worst. I have tried lots of different strategies - looking at older of photos of me heavier & skinnier etc but it's not working. Very frustrating. I'm sure if I can go past a week ill get my mojo back & get back into it - you are right though coming on here goes makes you feel less alone in your journey & gives you that life you need. Maybe that is the key for me. It good to know that other people struggle getting back on it - I just didn't realise it would've this difficult xx

Hi cat

After my wedding in Sept last year I tried for months to get back in the zone and I just couldn't get it to click in my head.
Im back here now having gained almost all off my ore Cambridge weight and now I know and am will to admit to myself that I am happier when I'm slimmer, I've always tried to convince myself I'm happy fat and in general I am but not as happy as I was slim.
Nothing I tried would get me back in the zone except time, I guess for me I just have to be in the zone and I can't make myself be in it if that makes sense.

I'm not sure what to suggest for you as I tried myself for months but I will say the longer it takes to get back on track the more you will re gain and ultimately you will then have more to lose.

I think Xmas is a good goal, I know I don't want to be bigger than I am now so if I don't lose now I will be hugggggggggggge after Xmas.

Sorry if I've rambled but it's all in the mind and so hard to put into words.

Try to stuck around on here as the support is fab, just think how much you could lose by Xmas x x x x

Hi Angela,

Thanks for your post. Today is day 1 (again ) for me but I've bern100% on SSdo hopefully this is me getting back into it properly again.
How are you getting on? What day are you at now?
Cat

Hi Angela, Thanks for your post. Today is day 1 (again ) for me but I've bern100% on SSdo hopefully this is me getting back into it properly again. How are you getting on? What day are you at now? Cat

Morning. I'm now day 23 and 1.5 stone off :)

Well done on not giving up ! It's not easy to re start but you know how much better you will feel when you stick to plan and the scales drop :)
Keep posting and reading to keep you on track x x

Well done to you Angela - 3 weeks into it is a good time, you'll feel properly in the zone then. And you've lost heaps of weight in that time, you must feel great!

Cat

Hi Cat, how's it going sweetie? I hope your mojo is back for good and you're roaring along 100% x

Hey Bev, almost finished work - it's 3.30pm here. Tomorrow will be my day 4! So far all good, though I'm finding the thought of going through the weekend with no food a very depressing one. I've done it before and will get through it but i always find day 4 $ 5 to be the hardest, ill just have to suck it up.

How are you getting on? X

I'm stomping through day 28 :D and no one could be more surprised and delighted than me! Just keep in mind that no weekend will be as hard as this first one ..... You really can do this and you don't want to waste all the hard work of the last 4 days. Take a minute and acknowledge that hon: 4 DAYS!!!!! You're doing this Cat if I have to stitch up your mouth myself lol

Well done on getting this far, in 3 more days you'll see a fantastic loss on the scales ...... Your body is already burning stored fat! I hope you have a fabulous 100% SS day xxxxx I'll check in tomorrow my time x

Hey Bev, you are doing brilliantly! Well done!

I just posted on your other thread! I ate something today - felt shaky & faint after doing a walk with my friend so I ended up eating at lunch time! Was tempted when I got home after lunch to just buy more food since I'd wasted my day but thankfully decided to stick to my bar & soda water tonight.
Just going to forget about it & move onto day 5! Will be 100% good tomorrow.
Ps I like your assertiveness - I totally need it just now!! Xx

Thanks Bev. You have a willpower of steel, loving your inspiration.
I've been good today and not finding it too hard / even said no to food when I was ins coffee shop with my friend without any bother. So hopefully I'm getting into that coasting zone.
Going away this weekend for a wedding and will probably have to eat some normal food then - right in the middle of my 4 week SS plan! Not great timing but guess ill have to take bars up and try my best to stay on it for most of it. X

Do your best, it's all you can do and if all else fails? Eat protein and salads. It sounds like you're hitting your stride so go with it - how amazing did it feel to just causally say no to the yummy coffee shop treats? Good on ya, chica;) But really it's not how many times you fall .... It's how many times you get back up. And I have a feeling you're bouncing back just fine.

Sounds like a busy weekend, just keep drinking that water. Big hugs and a round of applause xx

Hey Bvc, it's going ok, bn doing SS 100% for the last few days but had a major wobbly weekend. I was away on an Aussie farm all weekend so there wasnt much I could do but eat the food given to me. Feel like I can't say that on this forum as I'm talking about food and this forum is 100% SS. X

Thanks Bev, the past few days have been good. It's such a hard diet to do when you have interruptions like wedding weekends and holidays I between. How does everyone else manage I wonder? Apart from not go ... X

Yeah..... pretty much not go if at all possible :-( Events and occasions will still be there when I'm done, but this is me time. I tried to do it the other way in the past, and well.... Here I am. I had an amazing counsellor for Cambridge back in the day who's had huge success with clients, and he tried to tell me not to go .... I wish I'd listened because yes I have some great memories (some Events and dinners I can't even remember) but in all of them in fat! :eek:

You're really doing so well, so just keep doing what works for you and hang onto the 100% roller coaster for dear life :D xx

Back