Extra Easy Need a way to stop craving pizza!

Becky8

Hi,

Im new to this site, but so far am finding it motivating to read !

I do really well most of the week, untill i go to my boyfriends and because were both working so much lately we don't get to see each other much, and by the time we do see each other, neither of us want to cook. Which then leads to a takeaway. I find it so difficult to say no to a takeaway but have found that with kebabs, chinese and curry, I have found something I can eat at all of them, HOWEVER, I struggle with pizza.. there is no healthy way of ordering pizza. HELP? does anyone know of a nice pizza I can cook so i dont feel like im missing out or how I can make my self say no to pizza?

:sigh:

You could make the pizza with a mash base and then just add your own tomato puree and toppings ie mushrooms onion ham pineapple etc. You could make the chicken pizza, where you cut a chicken breast almost in half like a butterfly shape, then cover it with your toppings. OR you could make the ones with the wholemeal warburtons thins then your still getting a bread(dough) base and cover it with your toppings. There are lots of ideas on the recipe thread for alternate takeaways. Hope this has given a few ideas

ohhh, that sounds good, I've not thought or heard of these, so I will get the ingredients and try them this week, thank you ! :) still trying to understand the website, will have a good look through the takeaway threads, thanks again x

Were all here for support and advice, take your time and look around at all the threads, its an eye opener when you see how inventive people can be and still lose the fab amounts that they do.. dont be scared to ask someone will always help.

When I first started slimming world I was making pretty plain things, but yeah your right, people are inventive and I've tried new recipes and stuff. Ive been using minimins for a little while and have found it really good, but never actually signed up, so it's nice to be able to write and read on here than just look, people seem really supportive of eachother which is also really nice.

Yes they are its like a mini family lol. I have never been so inventive/creative with food. Like you I used to eat boring meals/food. Now I will try anything, if I don't like it I can always say well at least I tried it. I've made kebab, lemon curd, chicken pizza, sweet potato curry to name just a few things. I make a lot from the s w magazine too. Do you go to a group or are you doing it on your own?

Yes, I must admit Ive never made anything from the magazine, but definitely plan to do some of the recipes for christmas! I use the extra easy book which I find good because they are quick meals and i dont always have lots of time, maybe I'll start getting my boyfriend involved, he used to do catering so perhaps he can help come up with some recipes lol. I have taken to making rice pudding as you can do it within healthy extra! I go to group every wednesday :) do you go to group or do you do it on your own?

I go to group on a wed too, have you looked at the threads for the Wed weighers and the november challenge you could join those and that may motivate you. If your pushed for time, do batch cooking and freeze stuff. Then you will always have something in and you know its s w friendly

ohh okay I'll have a look for those threads! thanks for your help, really appreciate it. I do do some batch cooking, plently oh chilli con carne or bolognese which i find helpful, must get round to do some more this week so im prepared for work! x

I love the smash pizza but another way is a pitta pizza, using an Asda pitta as your HEX B then topping it as you wish. Admittedly I find if I want pizza I want REAL pizza. I found out that the Florentine pizza from Dominos is only 6.5 syns a slice the other day.
If you know its a weekly thing, why not save your syns for pizza through the week and then flexi syn it. if you go on the basis a slice is around 10 syns, thats 5 slices for 50 syns :)

Warburtons square wrap pizzas are nice and quite big. I think they are 8 syns but then you could have free toppings a healthy extra for cheese and some sw chips or wedges to go with it.

I usually fry the toppings in fry light then put the pizza in the oven for 10 mins or so to make the base a little bit crispy x

The square wrap pizzas are great, we often have these but half it and serve with loads of chips and salad. Only 4 syns and a 1/2 a HEA each!

ohh i need to try some of these pizzas, hopefully they will take the craving away!

Well every now and again I do have a pizza, I had a shock last week, the bbq chicken pizza with dominator crust was 15 syns a slice! so that was probably the worst one I coud have chosen!

Will have to try this florentine pizza!

Having slimming world chips or wedges is a good idea, maybe I could have those, and one slice of pizza lol!

thankyou for all the ideas guys! will be going shopping to get the square wrap pizzas :) xx

Top a warburtons thin (5 syns) with cheese and toppings of your choice!! Lovely with slimming world chips x

Becky if you go the the gym or do some other exercise think about the kcal and how will you have to suffer or a cross trainer or a treadmill to burn that kcal. is is worth it?? 300 kcal is 30 min on a cross trainer level 10 for me and believe me its not easy :) if you replace the pizza you just end up eating the replacement and than the pizza :D

Pete’s Pizza (Revisited)

Serves 2

Ingredients

125g Instant mash (ff)
1 Red onion, sliced thinly (s) (sff)
1tbsp dried chives
1tbsp basil
Shake of garlic salt
Shake of black pepper

Toppings
45g Mozzarella cheese (1Hea) or 7syns for 50g
45g Reduced fat Cheddar (1Hea) or 7syns for 50g
6 slices Chorizo sausage (0.5syn each slice)
6 tbsp. passata (s) (sff)
1tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. tomato puree
Pineapple slices (s) (sff) (0.5syn)

Method
Cook the onion until soft & set aside.
Make up the instant mash as per the packet instructions, add the onion & seasoning, mix well, leave for a few minutes, and adjust the mix until it is “dough” like. On a clean, flat surface place the mix, cover in Clingfilm & rollout until about 5-8mm thick, remove the Clingfilm and using a bowl the same size as your small frying pan cut around, continue until you have used up the mix, reworking any left over.
In a small frying pan, cook each one until lightly browned and free in the frying pan to move, turnover and repeat, remove and leave on a cake rack to cool.
Mix the Passata, Worcester sauce, balsamic vinegar & tomato puree together, then coat each base, add the cheddar, shared between all of them, add your topping, then finish with Mozzarella. Preheat the oven to 200C and cook for 20-30 mins until the cheese has melted but not burnt!

Mini Pizza.jpgMini Pizza-2.jpgMini Pizza-3.jpgMini Pizza-4.jpgMini Pizza-5.jpg

nika, thats true! i guess id have to spend all day at the gym if i wanted to have a pizza! and your right its not worth it, ive started experimenting more and fulfilling my cravings with other healthy foods!

Im definitely going to try petes pizzas ! they look amazing, hopefully the other half likes them aswell! thanks for the recipe!

Hello ! Sorry I've not been on in a while been so busy ! I've tried the chicken pizza which was lovely !boyfriend liked it as well which is a result, but I tried the smash base pizzas and I couldn't get them right ! I couldn't get the smash to stay together lol. But yes slimming world is all going good, lost around last week, not sure what I've lost this week had so much going on friends birthday, my granddaddy funeral so it's been a bit of a bad weekend, but I've been back on track so hopefully weigh in wont be too bad !! How's all for you?? Xxx

Back