Need advice, going out tomorrow.

Morbi

I will be going out tomorrow night for drinks with friends and i need to get out of K. Should i start eating something low carb tonight? i don't want to be feeling terrible after a drink.

I know it's not the best thing to do while doing this diet :(

I should be fully back on the diet on monday and will be ordering 2 boxes of 50 and definatly no going out again after that.

Thank you xx

My advice would be don't drink! Not sure when you started but obviously done well to get into ketosis and could end up putting on weight over the weekend and you might struggle getting back in a routine come Monday.

I have had a couple of nights out since starting and was happy to stick to soda water.....no hangover the next day! X

I'm good with sticking to a routine so it shouldn't be a problem, i'm not the one to lose weight then gain it all back, i'm a fab maintainer in my opinion lol, only reason for why i've gained weight is because of pregnancy x

Ooh, famous last words... ;)

If you have done a VLCD before I have managed to come off and go back on again multiple times with no worries - then good luck to you! You know yourself better than any of us do!

Just know that it isn't the easiest thing to do - being a "fab maintainer" isn't really relevant when trying to get back into the right head space.

I only put weight on due to reasons beyond my control too... but maintaining is very different from getting back into a mindset to abstain from food and drink again.

If it didn't seem so easy to get back on the horse before we stepped off, then none of us would do it... and the huge number of us that struggle to get back on... well, wouldn't!

Whatever you decide - good luck. Personally, I'd stick to water - as I do every time I go to the pub :) SO much safer!

Spotty x

(P.S. If you really do want to get out of ketosis for the sake of alcohol - if it's worth it - then you need to really hammer the carbs I think. It is incredibly dangerous for your body/organs to ingest alcohol while in ketosis, and the only way I know to get out of ketosis is by eating carbs to replace the fuel I'm burning from fat to sugars.)

You probably think i'm bonkers but i really do find it easy to maintain. I was overweight all my teens and did CD 5 years back or so and i did have go out for drinks one weekend and still got down to my goal weight after and maintained for 3-4 years until i got pregnant. I managed to lose a stone and a half after and maintained for nearly a year i just need to lose the extra weight now. Even if don't fancy going back to exante after i'll still get back on track doing something else, i really know i will lose this weight.
Thanks spotty. :) I know about not being in K while drinking that's why i asked about eating :) xx

Back