Need help after family bereavement

livi

Committed Loser
Hey everyone. This is just a massive plea for support and advice on getting back on track after a close family bereavement. I've been weighing in at group still but been putting on instead of losing, but its nothing dramatic and I know I can rectify it in a week or 2. I have to do it for the one I've lost as he was so proud of me so any advice would be very much appreciated xx

First of all I'm sorry for yout loss.

I think you should try to plan your food for the week including snacks that are on plan so you can use this to stick to. I'm rubbish at doing this myself but I'm writing a food plan this week to help me keep on track. You could always make your own food diary if you haven't got one from your consultant. xx

This is a really good idea. I know from being on track before that I do have better losses when I'm more organised :) It's just a matter of doing it in the first place! Too lazy! Thank you for you help :) x

Livi- firstly, you do not 'have' to do this for your loved one. I am sure they wouldn't want their memory to be something you beat yourself up with. You are doing this for you, knowing you have their love and support with you REGARDLESS of how well you do.

Secondly: I can relate in a slightly different way. My husband was diagnosed with cancer last October, 2 months after I got to target. The 'old me' would have used the stress, horror and general despair as a reason to overeat. I was determined this time that I would not allow such a horrific thing to 'give me permission' to reach for the chocolate. Watching my husband go through radiotherapy every day, I thought it the least I could do to stay strong and foccussed and not just wallow in twix bars and bombay mix (I had a few tiny lapses, but generally I fought hard)- it isn't helpful or constructive and despite what we tell ourselves at the time, it doesn't make us feel better.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Livi so sorry to hear you lost someone close to you. I echo everything the above have said.

Planning your food is a good idea and maybe do an SAS log and a food diary for a week or two, it may help you realise why things are going up rather than down.

take care of yourself xx

Back