Need help getting back on track

Little Picker

Wants smaller knickers!
I put on 4lb last week and this week I can't seem to get back on track at all. I've hit the chocolate big time, eaten large amounts every day and this is going to reflect on the scales next week.

I'm really angry with myself because I don't know why I'm sabotaging my weightloss like this :cry: I think I need a pep talk to get me through the next few days doing 100% SW :(

I love SW and find it really easy so why am I doing this to myself? I've lost 1.5 stone so far but it should be nearer to 2 stone by now but I keep wrecking it :mad:

Sorry for moaning, I know only I can do this, I just need help :(

Further to my post above, I wanted to update that I've had a very healthy free breakfast - one nectarine, one peach, some strawberries, blueberries and a few grapes so that should keep me going for a while.

I ate a disgusting amount of chocolate yesterday. I'm going to embarrass myself and admit to seven Cadburys caramel bars and six Flakes. That really is disgusting isn't it.

I've had a good breakfast, I just need to get through lunchtime and this evening and hopefully that will set me up for a good healthy 100% weekend.

When it's going well it goes really, really well. Then there are those other times!

Thank you for listening!

What's causing you to pick like that.

I'm not being cheeky, but that amount of chocolate isn't hunger in a physical sense it sounds like emotional eating. So to that end what's made you feel that way?

Also you're eating a lot of fruit for breakfast, thats not a bad thing in anyway shape or form, but have you considered adding in a bit of protein to keep your stomach busy for longer? Even a couple of boiled eggs to try and get the protein in. Or some quark over/beside your fruit, which has a respectable 30g of protein in a pot.

Do you have a food diary we could look at? Its possible you might be having nig blood sugar swings also, especially in light of the chocolate amounts you've listed, so some more GI balanced meals over the next few days might help.

But I think at the root of it all you might be self-sabotaging as you've said, and you need to look at why.

So when did this start? What triggered it? Did you want to do SW or did you join because mum/pal/auntie was going?

Hugs sweetpea, we'll get through this.

You have done so well so far and its time to make a decision about what goes in your mouth and be uber strong about it and tell yourself you dont really need it.

I agree with lexie-dog I also think adding some protein could be the answer. I HAVE BEEN DOING SO WELL LATELY BUT THE ONE DAY i DONT (sorry caps on) I get cravings for rubbish.

I also find that eating to much fruit makes my sugar levels crash and I get my worst cravings at this point so I try to limit my fruit intake but eat plenty of veg.

I'm not sure if any of these things apply to you, but I just wanted to wish you good luck for sticking to plan.

Oh and step away from the chocolate.

I would try taking everything 1 meal at a time. Try to plan what you are going to have in advance and don't let yourself get to the point where you are so hungry you will pick up anything - keep snacking on superfree/free. Also, if you have any chocolate left I would actually chuck it away - my C says never have a multipack in the house, if you want the chocolate that badly then you will walk to the corner shop for it, and they mostly have individual bars rather than multipacks. If you were embarassed to admit how many bars you ate online, you probably wouldn't buy that many bars from the shop!
Also are you still keeping a food diary? The act of recording everything you eat as soon as you eat it and how many syns it is sometimes helps us to stop earlier than when we write off the whole day and stop counting. Finally remember everyone here is behind you, and you can turn this around if you want to :) it might take a couple of weeks, but you can get back to where you were and move forward.

Well done for being so honest about the chocolate, it isnt easy and when its written in black and white it does make you feel angry with yourself, I agree. You've done the best thing by admitting what you've had and now you can move on (which you've already started doing by having a free breakfast!). I'm dreadful with multipacks but I've found that if I do need to eat chocolate and still manage to stick to plan, I could have a box of alpen light bars for 2xHB+3syns..... ok not advising this, but at least I feel ok about buying a multipack of alpen lights. Unfortunately I managed a whole box of fibre plus bars but thats another story...... we're all human and getting out of these chocolate habits do take time, you're definitely not alone with this :) Hope you have a great day on plan today!

Thank you all so much! I will come back to this later to reply in full but I just wanted to say thank you for your support. The chocolate eating is an 'all or nothing' problem for me, and I have been stressed, down, etc, and I'm taking antidepressants for severe depression (which work, most of the time as most of the time I feel ok). I've just veered off track at the moment and I think in my mind I'm thinking I've blown it for another week so let's stock up on crap food now, and start again properly with SW next week - which I know is NOT a good way for me to be thinking! My home life is not what it should be at the moment so that doesn't help so I do have a problem with emotional eating. But I am SO good when I'm on track, that is one of the most annoying things!

I did SW for me, I wasn't pushed into it, it was the plan I chose and one I really do enjoy. I enjoy the food, the meetings, the weightloss when I'm on track, all of it. I have an extremely supportive group and I stay for Image Therapy 99% of the time, even when I've gained weight and I think that's a good thing. I'm just kicking myself for making the wrong choices grrrrr.

I usually have a yoghurt on top of my fruit (and a bit less fruit, and include a banana) for my breakfast, so there's a bit of protein, and I often have egg sandwiches (using HEXB for bread, and a couple of syns for extra light salad cream) at lunchtime, and sometimes I pile on some HEXA cheese triangles too so that keeps me going so I will start that again.

This 'binge' started a couple of weeks ago when I went out for my birthday and let myself have anything and everything for a lovely treat. Instead of getting back on track, I used it as an excuse to say I've blown it, and never quite managed to get back on track.

I'm going to stop taking my purse out with me when I do the school run, then I won't be able to go to the shops, and I will start planning my meals again. I'll ask my consultant for a food diary when I next WI and will write my food down for a couple of weeks.

This is a real up and down journey. Thank you again for all your support xx

Just a quick update. I lost a pound this week! No idea how since I continued with the above mentioned binge most of the week. I was lucky though. I'm pleased to say that I'm back in 'the zone' and doing SW 100% :) Thanks again for your support and wise words!

Thats great news - well done :D

Back