TS AAM Need help with a turkey breast fillet :)

Midnight-Sparkles

I can do this!
Okay so I am doing an AAMW and today I am having a turkey breast fillet. Now normally I would have just cooked it in the oven for approx 30 mins and that is that, but for some strange reason I actually read the cooking instructions and it said I should fry it for ten minutes before baking to retain the flavour and moisture. Now obviously I don't want to do that, but then again, I have cooked turkey breast before my way and it was a bit dry and rubbery.

Does anyone have any tips to keep it moist whilst it cooks? I was thinking of putting foil over it, but am not sure.

Please help :D

I would put a splash of water in the roaster and poss cover with foil to keep it moist

I would put a splash of water in the roaster and poss cover with foil to keep it moist

Thanks for your helpful tip, I'll try that next time. I ended up just oven cooking it like I would a chicken breast and it came out still quite moist and tender although the top was a little rubbery so just sliced that part away. :D

I always wrap my chicken/turkey breast in foil and cook in the over like that . :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just seen this- I always poach chicken and turkey as I hate it all dry. It's really simple- basically boil it until it floats!

I saw jamie oliver do an experiement with frying meat before it went in the oven vs without frying, and it made no difference to how moist it was (two bits of meat the same weight were weighed after cooking, more moisture retained, would have made the fried one heavier). So I agree with everyone :) Cover it with foil and add water.

Back