need help with armpit and shaving!!!! please read

Hey hun, I know this sounds obvious but if you are shaving daily, are you changing your razor/blades often enough?

I shave usually every other day when I shower, unless say i had a shower monday night but am going out tues evening so will shave before I go out, and i find that within a week of changing my blade the sharpness has gone- obv it still seems sharp and still cuts but the slight bluntness means it damages the skin.

So I always change my blades weekly (in other words use them for a maximum of about 5 times before getting rid) and that seems to stop it. On occasions where my blades have run out and I have been too lazy to buy new ones, those are the times when I end up with sore skin. My blades are the Venus with aloe vera which I find help to keep the skin smooth and repair any damage.

I also recommend, again, its obvious, using a female moisturising shave gel and making sure that your deodorant is also a moisturising one as that will help the skin in between shaves!

You would honestly be amazed what a difference doing all the above can achieve. I used to just use a disposable razor for ages and water with shower gel and it destroyed my pits! xxx

a tip,have you tried using hair conditioner anywhere you want to shave, it leaves skin sooooo smooth afterwards and doesnt pull.

x

At the moment I am trialling the new Wilkinson Sword Intuition razor and I used it for the first time today and was amazed by how good it was. It has all the moisturisers built in around the blade and it doesn't feel like shaving at all. I would definately recommend it

Agree....waxing armpit hair is supposed to be the worst pain ever - my sis had it done and still talks about it.......I have a razor in the shower and shave in one direction each am (I change the razor about every two week..good tip on changing it each week mgiht try that!)...and then use dove deodrant which leaves your pits nice and smooth......

Hi hun.
I went to get my arm pits waxed as I had been having legs done for years. Had one done and could not bear the thought of having the other one done! I am a big coward but I have to say it was agony and not an experience I will repeat. Am now happily "Veeting" - it works a treat, I always leave it on a bit longer tho. It does stink a bit but it doesn't hurt!!! :)

i tried veet on my legs and didnt pull many hairs out...... sobsob,

Veet works better on the underarms than it does on legs.

Having spent years using Veet, I now use a good 'ol razor!

p.s. - if it's a little sore shave last thing at night then pat area with tea tree oil and coat in petroleum jelly.

p.p.s - I have only ever used a razor once then dispose of it. Never use it more than once; firstly you're blunting the razor, so having to press harder to get the disired result and more likely to cut yourself.

Secondly hygienically it's not good! I'm known to use one razor per armpit- but thats a little extreme. However don't use your razor over and over again....

:rotflmao::rotflmao:Boy am i glad i`m a man and only have to shave my face, this thread has cheered me up no end :D Mrs G uses the Venus razors, i warned her many years ago about using one of mine and she got the hint, and from a male point of view the hairy look is not a good one :D

I'm not going to shave between now and the Liverpool meet then I'm going to rub myself up against you ... on purpose!!! Ha ha...

I'm not going to shave between now and the Liverpool meet then I'm going to rub myself up against you ... on purpose!!! Ha ha...

:D OOOeer missuss, the mohair leg look is not a good one for us blokes :D

i use a mache 3 turbo razor everyday to shave my legs pits and lady garden ......i rekon it makes me more aero dynamic on the treadmill ha ahaha it really is wrth using expensive blades and expensive shave gel!!! also make sure your shaving in the direction of the hair not against it xx

Back