Need help..

Dizzp

I have completely forgotten everything :S

I'm currently 17, male and started my diet back mid August 2011, I started off at 85kg and by the end of December I was 73kg. I lost some fat, but it's barely dented me, for some reason I stopped exercising for a month (Starting again tomorrow). Think I gained/maintaned a pound so i'm now 74kg or maybe 75kg after a month of not doing any exercise (but eating healthy..to an extent). My goal (for now) is 70kg. My BMI or whatever say's im in the normal range, but i'm not, i'm extremely big..

I have a stationary bike at home which I plan to do again, I'm not sure how many calories I burn off it, I've looked at online calculators and they're not making any sense. I ride at 9-11mphs and do it for 40 minutes, how much do I burn? I'm 17 and 74kg-75kg..Can someone work this out for me?

Also i'm not sure how many calories I need to take in to lose weight either lol, i'm useless..This all sounds wrong to me.

My BMR is 1867.35. To maintain I need 2240 calories..

I'm going to be exercising 6 days a week, so i'll need 2894 calories (I've only calculated it so If "you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) because this is the only form of exercise I do (this is the only form of exercise I do, no other sports etc).

So to lose weight by exercising 6 days a week i'll need to get 2394 calories per day to lose 1lbs a week? That sounds really high to me.. This is where I need to find out how much my exercise burns..And is it possible to lose weight only exercising 6 days a week?

I know what sorts of foods etc to eat, it's only the calories of which I need to intake & how much I burn exercising is which I need help figuring out..

As you can tell I haven't really learned any of this stuff when I was losing weight before..I just "winged" it.

Appriciate any help I can recieve, thanks.

P.S - My goal is to lose 1lbs/week or maybe more if possible by September, so a good 7-8 months..

You probably won't like what I am going to say, but..............here goes............

You say that your BMI is within normal range, but you think you are extremely big......................!!!!!!!! Why do you disbelieve the BMI range? All medical practitioners work to these ranges and if you are within normal, then you really ought to believe it. The normal amount of calories for a man is 2500 and that is before exercise.

You don't say how tall you are, but you really should believe what the BMI tables are telling you.

Don't suppose you find my post particularly helpful.........but have tried to be helpful :):)

Back