Need some advice about moving up the plans - im in two minds as to what to do!!

Keeliewheeliebin

biker babe!
Hi all.
i just need a little bit of advice as to what to do. Im seeing my Cambridge lady later but i really need to be sure in my own mind as to whats best for me to do.
i started cambridge 6 weeks ago at 14 st and now im 12 st - my goal has always been 11st but id be happy at 11.7. im even happy with my size etc at the moment but wouldnt mind just losing a few more lbs.
:)
Anyway, my dilemma is this..... i started doing ss for 4 weeks, then ive done 2 weeks at SS+ - (well ive been including milk as i cant seem to make it through the day without a cup of white tea or two)
:eek:
i would like to start moving up the steps now as im in danger of going crazy and falling off the wagon completely (which is what ive done in the past on CWP). im getting to the point where im getting worn down and tired with the diet and feel like i need to start getting back to 'normal' again food wise. i also want to start running/ training again as im hoping to get a London Marathon place again for next year.
I know i should be moving up to step 2 (810) but unoficially ive been doing this for a couple of weeks anyway instead of ss+ - ive been having milk and most days ive had 2 large eggs which is the allowance of protein on both SS+ and step 2 (810). i suppose if i was going to do everything according to the plan then i should do a proper 810 week but in my own mind i would really like to go straight to step 3 (1000).
i know the losses will be slower, which im fine about, but i really feel that i might start to go a bit crazy and fall off the wagon completely if i dont start introducing more conventional meals.

i suppose ive made my mind up as to what id like to do but whats best for me is another thing altogether. if anyone could offer me any advice as to wether im going to be doing the right thing or even what the weight losses are like on step 3 then id be really grateful.
I suppose i just want someone to confirm that what im planning on doing isnt completely crazy!

Thanks and sorry for the long post :eek::eek:

I'd just do it. It's a better alternative to going off plan!
Speak to your CDC. See what she thinks

Well, looking at your stats, you definitely shouldn't be doing SS or SS+ anymore - your BMI is already below 25. So yes, you need to be on at least 810 to help preserve your muscle mass - you need the extra protein at this stage as you haven't got as much fat to burn.

I reckon it's well worth giving the 1000 cal plan a whirl. The only thing that might cause you a problem is that the extra carbs might tip you out of ketosis and you'll find yourself battling the hunger monster, especially if you're planning on upping the exercise. Talking to your CWPC is always going to be a good idea, but really, it's up to you which level of the plan you do. Why not try the 1000 plan and see how you get on. You can always drop back down to 810 if you find it's triggering you to eat more (you can stay on 810 until you hit goal). Losses are going to be slower no matter what you do at this stage, unfortunately - you're probably looking at around 1.5-2lbs a week on 1000 cals, 2-2.5lbs a week on 810 (though as I'm sure you already know, it never works out that you'll lose the same amount each week! :rolleyes:).

Well done on losing the weight you've lost so far - that's a fabulous achievement! :0clapper:

thankyou so much :) im actually BMI 26 at the moment so technically still overweight! I have seen doing step 3 for a week now and its going ok but i dont think ive lost any weight this week. :(
a friend of mine has just got her place in the London marathon for next year and she has asked me to help train her ( i ran last year). I mentioned this to my CDC and she is going to have a chat with me tonight about moving up to step 4 (1000) but we are only running for very short amounts of time at the moment as she really is starting from the very beginning - a complete non runner! so im thinking that i dont actually need the extra 200 cals as im only going out 3 times a week and still need to lose 12lbs.
dont want to rush moving up the plans really as i still have a way to go.

Back