Need some advise for my friend

my friend has just started the SSCD (im starting my own group hehe) and i asked her how she is getting on with the 3 soups a day, and she said that she is only on two as thats what she feels like having she hasnt felt hungry to have more,
i just dont know what advise to give her, i thought that if you have only two you wouldnt lose as much weight as your body wold go into starvation mode as she is lowing her intake, but i thought that i would come on here and get some real advise and then i can tell her what to do.

TBH I think having only two is probably just as bad as cheating - your friend is simply not doing the diet properly.

Surely she must be hungry for more, I know some people find them hard to stomach but I use to really enjoy the chocolate milkshake, made with loads of ice and some mix a mousse - its heavenly like a McDonalds milkshake! I would blend it for ages!

Not sure what else to suggest but she MUST have all 3 a day - otherwise it just wont work and shes doing herself more harm than good i guess.

What she's doing is actually dangerous! She's not getting all the daily vitimins and minerals she needs to keep her body running and you're right she'll go into starvation. When your body goes into starvation it starts eating the bodies lean tissues (muscles, liver, kidneys etc...Yuck!) as well as it's fat stores.
I've actually heard of people starving to death (not doing this diet) even though they were still considered over weight.
The three packs a day are not to stop her being hungry (hunger doesn't come into it) it's to stop her body eating itself.
Hope this helps!

Absolutely correct. She MUST have her 3 packs a day. She is risking her body going into starvation mode and her weight loss will stop.
If she dosen't want all soups how about shakes or tetra briks? They can be taken hot or cold. She really ought to talk to her CDC about it.

if she is getting her packs from a CDC then they should be available for advice. If you are starting your own group, then are the packs coming from ebay or such like?

Also - how hard is it really to force down another tetra brik or a milkshake if you are really serious about doing it?

The briks in particular are really nice and to be honest if you take 3 big sucks on that straw its more or less gone!

big birdy when i say im starting my own group i mean my friends what to start the diet themselves, meaning i have a close support group not actually being a CDC, im sooooo not at that level, she is going to a CDC, but i dont think she is telling the CDC that she is only taken 2 soups, i just forwarded her all your comments so hopefully that will make her take all 3.

hi,,i am on LT,,but i feel that way some days,,i'm stuffed after 2 so i have to force the 3rd one down,,can you mix the shakes like with LT,,we can use on of ours as a whitener on our coffee,,so that way yor having one in your coffee throght the day and just having the other 2 as meals,,so much easier,,

hi,,i am on LT,,but i feel that way some days,,i'm stuffed after 2 so i have to force the 3rd one down,,can you mix the shakes like with LT,,we can use on of ours as a whitener on our coffee,,so that way yor having one in your coffee throght the day and just having the other 2 as meals,,so much easier,,

you certainly can!

Back