Need some extra support

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad day Lady, but well done on the way that you handled the situation. You did the right thing by not letting her go and she will know that - hopefully the talk you've had will sink in with her. Also you didn't give in and eat in what was a really stressful situation.

Oh LAdy....:(

I just got on the board and I am so sad to see you are having such a tough time with your daughter. Mom and Daughter relationships sure can have their ups and downs.

There has been some really good advice here already. I agree that writing a letter is sometimes a very good thing to do when emotions are running so high. It gives you a chance to calmy put down what is important to you that your daughter hears. You can do it calmly without the frustration of arguments heating up. You can be there when she reads it, or not, bbut then you are really really heard. And like it was said, she would read it over and over. She could be free to do the same thing for you,. When we argue, we inevitably say things we do not mean, and we get wounded or wound others.

She is at an age where she really could be living on her own, so she is probably testing her independance and struggling with being an adult (almost) ad bbeing a daughter. And you are her mum, and you want to help....but you sacrifice yourself to do so....and then you suffer.

Ah bless. It's not easy is it? I don't have children, but I know I put my mom through it a time or two. Never my dad, just my mom. I love her to bits now, and allll those times are long forgotten. It is all part of growing. And learning.

SHe must learn however, if she lives with you, it's YOUR rules. If she cannot abide, then perhaps she should live on her own - and if that is the case, you have NOTHING to be guilty about.

You're a good lady, and a good mom. And what you are asking for is not unreasonablbe.

BIG HUGS to you Mrs. I sure hope it calms down. And WELL DONE for not masking it with food. A very very VERY well done.

Hang in their sugar. It WILL sort itself out, it may cost a few tears - but you know you two love each other no matter what is said.

XXXX

Back