need some help from people who have been on CD long term or a CDC ?? (Long)

Jessica Rabbit72

Gold Member
Hey everyone hope you are all okay......

Each day is getting harder and harder on the diet.
At work today suffered with demons and angels all day – nearly went into a shop to buy food thinking will get the rest off using 2 shakes and a healthy meal but resisted. Came home and then had 2 boiled eggs which wasn’t great but better then the chocolate and cake I was craving!

Am considering doing SS+ as every day is a battle now to keep me on the diet really. It used to be great and I didn’t think about it at all and the weight was dropping off but now Im in my comfort zone and fitting in size14 the impetus and motivation have gone really and I just feel deprived with being on it for 16 weeks.

The demon in me says do maintenance now and get the rest off slowly with WW and the angel says no get it all off get to goal and then live as a slim person, but it is consuming all my thoughts and I have a permanent headache now and Im not sleeping and having vivid nightmares am feeling totally out of control as I’m forgetting things and getting to the point of not being able to remember words mid sentence due to the diet.

Sorry to be on a downer this time not hormone related just long term VCLD diet blues.

I need to get my mojo back!!!!

I have now worked out that I need to SS for another 8 weeks incl. being on my hols then do maintenance and at the moment that just seems like forever rather than a nanosecond compared to the rest of my life!

But I am so short tempered naggy and my tolerance level is non-existent and its just not fair on my kids HB and even work have noticed how peed off I am so Im no fun to be around AT ALL. I got like this last time at this point and came off the diet as it wasn’t fair on everyone and I couldn’t cope with feeling so awful.

I have to say my down days are really outweighing my up days and knowing I have lost 4 st is of no comfort really or enough to spur me on. Im also getting hungry all the time which I knew last time meant I had no fat left to burn as I was getting near to Healthy weight range but now its happening at a stone heavier.

I just don’t know what to do – part of me thinks do maintenance now keep my supplies and come back to it in a few months time when my head is in the right place and I would only need to do it for a month and get 1 ½ st off rather than it being just so god damn awful now, then another part of me says no don’t give in you have come so far and it wont be 1 ½ st it will probably be 3!

I also said this was the LAST time I SS’ed as it does your body and metabolism no good

I would be extremely grateful for any ideas / advice / kick up the arse to get me going again – KD ? you normally know all the right things to say and especially with you losing so much you know how it feels to be on it long term.

What would happen if I went up to 1000 cals instead of SS how much slower would it be would it be the 2lbs a week you would normally get on ww/sw or would it be less do you think.

Sorry for the ramble needed to get it all down to try and work it all out in my head.
LOL
xxx

Sorry you're feeling down but you have done amazingly well so far!

I too am a long term sole sourcer, I'm into my 17th week now. I went through similar feelings a couple of weeks back although I've still got a way to go and I decided to move up to a higher plan for a week just to give me a taste of normality.

I did the 1000 plan for a couple of days and had enough and couldn't wait to get back onto SS, maybe that's a solution for you? I lost 2lbs that week but didn't do a full week 1000 cals though.

Hope that's helped even slightly and I'm sure someone like KD will be on shortly with some words of wisdom! xx

I'd stick to cd until you get to goal, its too tempting to go onto 1000 cals, work your way up the plans

Am considering doing SS+ as every day is a battle now to keep me on the diet really. It used to be great and I didn’t think about it at all and the weight was dropping off but now Im in my comfort zone and fitting in size14 the impetus and motivation have gone really and I just feel deprived with being on it for 16 weeks.

Yeah. I know how you feel. I did SS (except for the AAM we had to do every 5 weeks) and towards the end it did start doing my nut in :rolleyes:)

I think it's really common as you get within a couple of stone or so. I call it the Near Goal Chatterbox (really ought to think of a more creative name :D)

I think the biggest reason this happens is a lack of a new goal. Before you started the diet, you may have felt bad about yourself and desperate to get away from that feeling.

And guess what? You've done it :clap: You've got away from it now and so, in your head, you've achieved your goal.

This is one of the reasons why people yoyo. They often don't get to goal, but get close to it, then put on, then get close to it again. Each time running away from being overweight, and as soon as they have done that, up they go again.:sigh:

Sorry...rambling here and going to a bit more :D

Imagine you were running away from an enemy. You'd run and run and as soon as you were safe, you'd feel okay and may even start wandering around the place, relieved to be away from that person.

Done it :clap: Okay, so you are safe and you think "Hey...I could go home...that would be brill. I could see him and her, catch up on things", so your new goal would be to go home.

But what if you hadn't thought about it. What if you were still thinking about that enemy had run away from? What if you had no clear goal now? You'd be wondering what to do. Satisfied that you were now safe...but kind of at a loss.

Not sure if I've explained that very well though :eek:

You do need a new goal. Something you really want.

Meantime ;) what's the problem with doing SS+? It's a great plan. What about 810? There's a good chance you would stay in ketosis on 810 (though you might not...depends what you chose).

The losses are similar, so no worry there. I struggled on 1,000...but you might not. I'd certainly recommend SS+ or 810 over 1,000 at least at first.

If it's really doing your head in and the chatterboxes are getting stronger and stronger, try SS+. If that's not enough, try 810...then really get that head sorted, because you will probably regret not getting to the goal you really wanted.

BTW, I see a fair few decide to go to other plans rather than do the maintenance. I also see many of them either come back, or stay on the plan for what seems and eternity. Up and down (repeat for months). And it can be tough. The losses on cambridge are pretty addictive ;) and remember the grass is always greener on the other side ;)

It seems logical that a more traditional diet would be so much easier. And it often is for the first couple of weeks, then things often go a bit out of the window. closer to goal=long plateaus, slower losses even when you are doing it correctly. And that can really mess the head. Too much freedom straight after a VLCD can be a diet killer too.

I have a permanent headache now and Im not sleeping and having vivid nightmares am feeling totally out of control as I’m forgetting things and getting to the point of not being able to remember words mid sentence due to the diet.
Yeah...really sounding like you need to move up.

come back to it in a few months time when my head is in the right place and I would only need to do it for a month and get 1 ½ st off

That can work, but it rarely does.

would it be the 2lbs a week you would normally get on ww/sw or would it be less do you think.
I would very much doubt that at this point you would lose 2lbs a week on another diet. Further away from goal...yes possible. You might even have a couple of weeks of it, but it wouldn't be as regular, and certainly very much slower and harder when you get near goal.

So please try a higher plan. I'm sure you'd feel a lot better. Get a new goal...focus...you get loads to eat on 810 and it'll will come of much quicker than another diet...all the way to goal :clap:

So what do you reckon. Going to give a higher plan a try?

Ha...think that must be a record for length of post from me :D

KD
You have made me cry - In a good way!!!!!!!!!!!

I know exactly what you are saying and I am so glad you are on here.

I wish you were my CDC!!!!!!!!!!

dont get me wrong mines a really nice lady, but I know more about the diet than she does with being on here

I regularly quote you (funnily enough about this topic to someone else the other day) and I have SERIOUS food issues that I know I need to sort out, but as I have heard you say it needs to be done when at goal.

I know I need to get to goal this time as it would be too detrimental not to.

I set my goal too low last time as was on LL and they said set it and then account for 7lbs weight gain (due to refeeding) whereas the sensible people at CD account for this in their maintenance plans so you dont get the rebound.

So last time I was 11lbs from that original goal, but felt so ill gave up after 16wks but the weight I gave up at was 2lbs above my ultimate goal now. adn I have the incentive I have now had a tummy tuck so will be inproprtion for fitting in clothes which i wasnt before!

So I am going to go and have a look at the SS+and 810 plans now and see what I can do.

I am so so so so grateful for your advice it means alot - you do realise I will be pestering you to death now till I get to goal and will need major help with all my demons when I get there ;););)

and thanks to everyone else who replied.
LOL
xxxx

Ah, KD, I love a good ramble from our KD, and its all true, I got nearly there, cocked it up, and Im not nearly there anymore!!

I didnt do the stages as I should, kept it off for over a year through determination, and then cocked it all up again.

Dont be me, c'mon you can do it, as I will again x

Hi Jess,
I know exactly how you are feeling as I felt exactly the same a few weeks ago, although I haven't been on the diet as long as you, but I now fit into size 12s and everyone is saying how good I look, but I still want to get down to 10 stone which is just over a stone away, but I have lost motivation.... so I moved up to 810 and feel much much better, although I ate out twice last week as we were in London at concerts and did put on 1lb, and am desperately trying to lose it, but it is also time of the month, but I have promised myself a set of GHD hair straighteners when I get to 10stone 7lb, so I have given myself an incentive, but sometimes I think even that isn't good enough as I feel so much better than I did before I lost over 3 stone... so I am going to carry on reading your diary as an incentive to me to lose weight, and I am going to use the amount of weight you lose each day as an encouragement too and hopefully we will both get where we want to be.... just want to wish you the best of luck, and to say.. Keep going, you WILL get there eventually.

I wish you were my CDC!!!!!!!!!!

Wales to bournemouth...easy peasy :D

I have SERIOUS food issues that I know I need to sort out, but as I have heard you say it needs to be done when at goal.

Yeah it does really. If you yoyo, it's darn hard to sort them out once and for all.

I know I need to get to goal this time as it would be too detrimental not to.

Exactly. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they regret getting to goal ;) I've heard a few say they got so close, but then stopped and can't get back on it :(

So I am going to go and have a look at the SS+and 810 plans now and see what I can do.

Yeah. Great idea you have there :D I think the food will help the grumpiness and you'll feel so much better. Should give you the strength to carry on, and hopefully feel like a new diet...bit of variation :) And of course, you'll have the great feeling that you're still on plan and on your way to goal :clap:

I am so so so so grateful for your advice it means alot - you do realise I will be pestering you to death now till I get to goal and will need major help with all my demons when I get there ;););)

Back of the queue please ;) Just joking. You're welcome, though I do need prodding on occasion. Always happy to help though once prodded :D

Write down what you want..your new goals. Every tiny little thing. Not just what you want to wear, but how you will feel when you get there.

Let me know how it goes :)

Hey Jess..
just wanted to send you big hugs hon..
You have done so well and have come so far... We all have off days.. and you have been on ss for a fair amount of time now.

As you know when I had my break well I had it on my 14th week I changed to ss+ and as I got on with it I have stayed on it . I was so so scared to go on in but still lost 2 1/2 the first week and 3 pounds the next..

I think if you add food it makes life a lot easier and becomes a bit normal after being away from food for so long.

I personally have to stick it out to the end.... I cant stop til I get there... but we are all different please try going on ss+ as it really is worth doing and you can sit with the family to eat which is really nice..

Chin up sweetie your doing great and keep smiling xx

Hi Jess

What a wonderful thread you have read the feelings/ thoughts I had about a month a go and came off CD joined slimming world thinking I had nailed it and would loose my final 2 stone slowly but it didn't happen :cry: I just pigged out

So I'm half a stone heavier and determined to finish this journey and but the food devil to bed! - This thread has moved me and really made me think about why I'm doing CD and that I need to follow the plans to maintain - so

Just wanted to say a really big thank you for putting into words so perfectly what many of us have battled with at some time in our quest for slim bodies

Please keep posting and stick with it you can do it and with support like the godess that is KD and your honesty so can I :D

I made a similar post a couple of days ago I know where your coming from hang in there getting to goal seems less important than when we started but I have to try and get there I'm sure I'll still have a few bad days from now till then I just hope I stay strong.

We can't fail at this point, we deserve to achieve our goals after all we have done so far.

Good luck

thankyou all so so much it really means alot have been and finished the ironing and looked a bit at the plans am going to sleep on it and decide whether SS or 810 tomorrow.

I cant put anyone else through this much longer or me not feeling like myself.

am excited about going to tesco tomorow to buy 'legal' food for ME and not the kids or HB!!!!

are mushrooms allowed on ss+ if so will prob do that one as still want to be at goal for Williams party on 26th Aug!

will also think of new goals too....

will keep you all updated

thanks again everyone am off to bed lets hope I sleep nd no nightmares tonight
xxx

sw sweetie can't say much other than hugs, sound like youre having a tough time of it atm.

Personally i'd say time to move up the plans, you will still lose plenty but it'll give you a mental boost. Hang in there you done really well so far but youve got the important and interesting bit still to come

Hiya,
Have to chip in, KD is right... always... and y'know what? She IS your CDC. And mine, and everyone's, and we are very lucky to have her... wise woman. Please stay with CD and try 810, I loved it and it worked really well for me after the first 2 months or so of SS. You can do this, so keep the faith and step up... but stick with CD! Hugs,

xxx

Slept a bit better last night after people came to my rescue with my awful day yesterday. Went to bed with the feeling would do ss+ or 810 and then got up this morning and have lost 1lb so am now at my wedding weight!

I have only been at this weight 4 times in the last 8 years
2001 – got down to it for my wedding then ballooned up with 2 pregnancies
2004 – for William’s first birthday
2007 – when I was last on CD journey for Amelia’s birthday
2007 – another cd attempt to lose it for a friends wedding

The rest of the time I have been pregnant or yo-yoing and lots heavier (up to 17stone!)

Now I have hit another goal I don’t want to do ss+ or 810 as ss will get the weight off quicker – its also another down side of CD for me the way it affects my mood and judgement is terrible its like having bipolar disorder and I cant make a decision to save my life!

I also want to feel my normal happy self and reply to you all individually but cant concentrate enough Im sorry x

This is why I said this was the LAST time I did CD.

So I think I have made my decision I AM going to get this flippin weight off and am going to get to goal (for the first time in my life!!!)

I will go to Tesco and get stuff to do ss+ and aim on having ss days and then if I’m having a bad day will do ss+, but having the stuff in as back up will help me rather than not having anything in at all and then ending up eating something I shouldn’t!!!!!

Can you swap between SS and SS+ in a week or do you have to have a week of each adn can you have mushrooms on ss+ or not?

I just want to thank everyone again for their support it is invaluable!:D:D:D

Don't know about the swappage but you can have mushrooms, I think they were just left off the list when it was made.

Glad you're feeling a bit more positive today, and have come to the decision. Good luck!

We'll get there Jess!

:D:D:DWell done on getting to your wedding weight, I'm glad its spurred you on :D:D:D

It souonds like you've been doing some serious thinking and come to a decision speak to your CDC about the plans my understanding was whatever plan you decide on at the start of your next week you need to stick with for a week, but I'll happily be corrected

Keep posting and let us know how your getting on, I'll be catching up with your posts later - have a happy day

take care ;)

Back