Need some help from the experts over here!

mrsessex

Gold Member
My motivation is dwindling! :confused::rolleyes:

Ok.... need some ideas!

Without sounding too 'smug' Im doing brilliantly well at this CD lark..i dont 'cheat' i stay on track..i do everything 99.9% by the book and im losing on average the magical 1 stone every month ..... but now what>?

Im not bored of it..far from it...i love the control

I knew id get to this stage sooner or later... its my nightmare of the 'well what next' syndrome..im an excitement chaser lol

Im stone & half from my 'goal' of 9'7 ..im 11 on the nose at the moment and im losing the excitement of it all lol

I dont think i can convey what i really mean??

For those of you that have lost it ALL....what kept you going at this stage?? Its the stage that everything i now wear looks ok! but the number on the scales is not ok...

Should this thread be in maintance im not sure

Yours, confused..a bit lol
:( & :confused: lol

umm I'm certainly no expert lol. I got to my BMI goal, then put on a few lbs over Xmas, and now re-set my goal to get to same as you 9.7, so now have exactly 1 stone to go, and feel more determined than ever.

Did you write a diary of some kind, maybe a blog? If so, sometimes it's worth reading over that and re-kindling those thoughts at the beginning and remembering how much you wanted to get to that final goal. If you didn't then just think back to when you started, why did you set your goal at that number, and think about all the moments when you could have cracked, but didn't - the end goal is in sight now, it's like one final push to get you there (and then as they say, the real work starts ;) )

Someone (maybe KD - not sure) had a funny saying about what happens to people when they get to near that last stone. I can't remember what it was but I think it's normal to wobble around this stage.

You feel great, clothes fit, the novelty of choosing the packs has probably long worn off, people are telling you you don't need to lose anymore weight and maybe like me you really wanted a glass of wine. Being virtuous can be boring hey?

The best thing I can encourage you to do is keep on going. Move up to 810 perhaps if you want to try something different but stick with it. Though it doesn't feel like it, this is the easiest way for you to get the extra weight off. I'm a member of the 'I'm almost there, I'm going to lose the rest of my weight myself club' and believe me when I say it's hard.

One of the best things I learned on this forum is in my signature ' just because I want to eat, doesn't mean I have to.' Learning to resist those cravings I found stood me on a much better ground when I came near goal the second time around.

Awww thanks for the replies from you both :) really great

I have kept a blog yes... on here lol and will look back on it.

Im not a drinker gave that up 5 yrs ago!! haha..not craving any types of food/drink...its the constant 'you look ok now/your slim enough'/youve lost enough' comments that get thrown my way and you end up thinking 'ummmmm maybe they're right??!!!' have i lost enough??

Its strange though as im desperate to go up the plans too being honest..and almost think 810 may be the way forward i think this is good..i ss+ anyway so its only a skip & a jump ahead of that

Im in control of the food thing.... its my mind playing tricks! its the devil telling me 'stop diet now youve lost enough (which i obviously havnt being overweight still!!!)' and my good side telling 'carry on!!!'

Arrrgghhh!!

Yes, I think a lot of us have had those thoughts. Stick with it - it will be worth it.

-- That said, you may actually be happy with your weight. If you are happy and more importantly healthy (ignore what other people are thinking) then maybe it is time for you to move up the steps..

We're about the same in BMI - I dropped down to 25 at 10.1 before Xmas and crept back up over the festivities, so I know what you mean about the comments, but I myself know I am not at goal weight yet, and really went to get 'within' that healthy weight. I know I couldn't SS again, but am back on 810 to shift it.
I don't think anyone is used to us being smaller, so they then get scared you will go too far, when we know we just want to be healthy and slim, not anorexic. Family and friends care, but sometimes I think they also worry that we might actually be the 'slim' friend in the end and get scared ;) x

Loving the replies... this makes a change from the main CD board..this is my first 1000 main...post lol

Yes i think i will move up to 810 when i get back from NY on Tuesday it makes real sense! Shift the final stone & half on 810 i think ? Will have a chat with my CDC next week and get that going

Im a very, very determined person in general real life and am all or nothing so WILL see this through to the end (goal) but am soooo keen to maintain..like yesterday! desperate to be at goal now with food plans etc for maintence ..been reading this board for months lol

Thanks so much for your help really appreciated x

Yes Mrs E. I know what you mean - I guess you've also had the comments "stop now, you're beginning to look too thin" (when I was still a good size 16 :D) "Don't overdo it, you don't want to make yourself ill"
As much as you brush them off, they must have a subconscious impact and therefore you begin to question yourself a little. I know that when I get to my target it won't be like getting over the brow of a hill and it's all going to be plain sailing from then on - I won't just 'click' into maintenance and stay there, BUT, I will have the psychological boost of knowing that I reached the goal weight I set for myself (even if some people think I shouldn't set too much store by the reading on the scales) - so it's all about me really :)
Have a fab time in NY!!

Hey!
What kept me going was just my goal at the end. I wanted to get down to 10.7, as I never remembered being that ever. Not really helpful, but it meant so much to me. Maybe it's because you're feeling content with yourself, I felt content at around 11 stone but desperately wanted to see that 10 stone something. You can do it xxx

Chiming in a bit too late, I know... but this is normal! I remember some pals set up a thread called 'the last little bit' or something when we were at this stage, as every lb seemed so slow and motivation was hard to keep a handle on. I've seen a few people abandon things at this stage, as they look & feel so much better. I've seen a lot of them come back, too, to lose that last bit and get to goal after all, and the trip is harder second time around.

So... try to remind yourself why you began this journey, and that you are someone who likes to finish what she has started! Do it on SS or on 810, but do it! (I know that you will, but have to say it as I've seen so many lose interest at this point...) 810 is great and I lost 2 stone on it, but it is a slower loss admittedly. I wish in some ways I had stuck to SS for a month more than I did, just to have gained that time.

I'm doing 810 for a few weeks again now, heading for a revised goal & also losing - I hope - the Xmas gain. All the best for whatever you choose to do, I know you can do it!

xxx

Just to clarify... you can do SS up until you hit BMI 25. After that, you have to switch up to 810 or above as SS is so lo-cal that under BMI 25 you would then begin to burn lean muscle tissue and do you damage. Not good, obviously. Your CDC can explain this a bit better hopefully, but at BMI 25 moving to 810 is a good plan anyway as you begin slowly to get used to food, albeit carb-free, and it begins to rev up your metabolism a little bit too. So, it's all good.
Go for it honey... you can do it!
xxx

Love the new profile pic!!! Who's your cute friend?!!

xxx

Wow! I looked at the before and almost after pics and you have done so very well!! Congratulations! Now that should be your motivation to continue!

Hey hon..
Sorry I must have missed this post previously............ Im rushing off now to get ready for the mad rush..
Your doing fab hon................... you have come so far and are sooo close now!!!
Catch up later xxxx

oh, New York... wow! Looks amazing, and you do too... well done on your fab journey!

xxx

Back