Need Some Help With First Order

axagem

Hello, I am about to place my first order of Slim and Save products. I want to make the right choices and therefore I am looking for suggestions on what are your favourite shakes, meals and bars.

It's never a great idea going on other people's recommendations on a VLCD. For every person who loves a specific thing there'll be someone who hates it - and vice versa. For a first week order the best idea is ordering as many different things as possible that way you can try everything and decide what you like best

I agree with what you are say Starlight, however I am having my products delivered to the USA as I don't live in the UK right now. So I need to make this as cost effective as possible due to shipping costs. I have read that the cottage pie is not a favourite of some, however I will still buy to try, but only one or two. Thanks for replying.

Thanks I will, there are only about three items I have decided against. But I don't want to order large quantities items not preferred by people on the Slim and Fast. I know all our taste buds are different.

Well if you're stuck with this dilemma so can't order the samples I'll tell you what I don't like. I don't like the cottage pie, am not keen on the soups (but mostly because they taste like powdered soups IMO), and am not keen on the muesli or the honey bars (if you love honey you would probably like it). I can eat all of the above if I had to though, even the cottage pie :). I think all of the shakes are fine but I do have favourites, the lemon and choc truffa bars are nice, and the spag bol and chilli really nice. The spag bol is called spicy spaghetti so has a little kick to it and the chilli is a little spicier than that. Think mediumish so tikka masala spice level rather than madras hot though. I also quite like the porridge but it's a bit of an acquired taste. There is a thread about turning it into a biscuit though if you don't like it as is.

Best thing is to order more of the ones you think you'll really like and just 1 or 2 of the ones you're not sure about. That way you get to try them all but won't be stuck with too many of the ones you don't like.

Also, I assume you've checked out the customs regulations? I know that the US is fussy about food going in, although there is no meat or fruit.

I really like the spag bol and the chilli. I also like the cottage pie as it has a bit of the texture of mashed potato, although it is a little bland. I hate the tomato soup. I like all of the bars. I like the porridge too. Haven't tried the other soups.

It is very much down to personal taste though.

Very much personal taste. For me, I love all the meals. The cottage pie is a bit bland, I put black pepper and a sprinkle of dry herbs in. The chicken soup is the nicest, tastes like packet chicken soup whereas the tomato tastes like warm thick salt water. The veg is edible but thats all!

I happen to like the honey nougat bar, and I really hate honey! It's got raisins in too. The lemon and choc bars are really nice, the muesli is pretty bad, cardboardy! Of the shakes I like the choc, vanilla and caramel best. The crispy ones I don't like cos they have bits! The red fruits one tastes of strawberry and is very sweet, the hazelnut is curiously un-flavoured. Nice cold though. Not tried the other flavours.

I really don't like the oatmeal porridge but I make them into cookies which are lovely! I sometimes add cinamon or nutmeg. I make the shakes into 'brownies' too but not many people like them!

chicken soup lush, veg and tomao rank,need some idea on how to make them paletable, so far banana, vanilla, chocolate srawberry and choco crispi shakes are very nice

Back