Extra Easy Days Need some help!!!

Miss_c1985

Pretty please.....

I have been a weight watchers girl since I was 21 I'm now turning 28! I managed to lose 5 and half stone on the plan but unfortunately changing jobs and meeting my bf life slowly got in the way and I've been piling the pounds back on so my friend suggested trying a new plan so I joined slimming world 2 weeks ago

I found the plan really hard to get my head around the first week was very up and down and I lost a pound and the 2nd week I lost a pound so I was really disheartened and have since fallen off the plan!

I just don't really know what to do but I'm desperate to lose the weight and I weigh 15st 4 now I have tried every diet and I couldn't seem to get my head around the new propoints plan!

I just don't want to get to 30 and still feel like the fat girl :(

Thank you for listening x

Hi!
Do you go to meetings or do you do it online?
What is it that you cant get your head around, is it dropping the mentality that you dont have to portion things, that the free foods really are free, or is it something else?

It's the whole concept of the free foods etc

For instance potatoes are high in points on WW but free on SW where I have been following WW for years I still have the portion control in my head! Argh!!!!

I went to the SW meetings but didn't go back last night x

I know the feeling, I came from weight watchers too. But you have to forget all about it. Look through some of the food diaries on here, and see that people who have lost PILES of weight, stones and stones, all lost by eating potatoes and other "forbidden" food. It is so hard to get out of the mindset, but if you keep thinking that things arent allowed you will end up hungry and not losing any weight.
Trust the plan, it has worked for so many people, and I know it goes against everything you have been taught and trained to think by other plans, but this is just how SW works.

Please go back to your meetings, 2lbs in 2 weeks is more than you would have lost had you not done anything. Any progress is still progress!!!

I think alot of people have the same kind of thinking when they join SW. But I find that its a much healthier way of looking at food. Once I kinda got my head around the fact that I could eat to my hunger, not how many points I had, its just so much easier. i cook a meal for my family, and instead of weighing each portion to make sure mine is the right amount for the points I calculated, or pointing every little thing that goes into it, and hoping I dont forget any, I can just cook a free meal and eat what I fancy!

I was looking through my ww book the other day. It took me 7 weeks to lose 4.5lbs. I have lost 5.5 in 3 weeks on SW. I always thought I was a slow loser!

Give it one week, your best shot. You have nothing to lose but weight hun. Worst thing happens you stay the same, but at least you will know that you gave it your best shot.

Thank you'! I have decided I will go back and give it 4 weeks and see how I get on

Read my books fully and plan to start cooking from scratch, having a good read around the forums to! X

It works trust it. Be honest with yourself though and stick to it.

Essentially sw is very healthy eating, someone explained it to me as a Balanced diet but sw helps you moderate the bits that if over eaten (chocolate,cakes,sauces, crap) makes us gain weight.

It's a very low/no fat diet. That's why it works.
It's concentrates your thinking to having 1 treat and balanced meals not a treat, plus an ice cream plus a take away plus a pizza, lunch out and a few beers. Which all add up.

With regards to pasta and potato yes you can over eat but I found after 2 weeks, breakfast plus one meal n one lighter salad/omlette was filling me right up anyway.

Let us know how it goes maybe post your diary and ppl will be honest n give you tips

Don't give up hun, its very early days. Look at it this way if you lose a pound a week for a year thats 52 lbs which is 3 and a half stone, which is a great weight loss in my opinion.

Break your targets down into small manageable portions, if you feel your total target is too far away and unachievable at this stage and a pound a week will take too long, set yourself a more manageable target, say 2 stones - thats the beauty of Slimming World, you set your target, or aim for your Club 10 which is 21.5 lb for your current weigh so a stone and a half, sounds much more manageable doesn't it? look at the lifeline online site or in your book to see the benefits of that 10% total body weight loss.

It is all achievable, look at some of the before and afters/inspirational stories on here.

Trust the plan and welcome to Slimming World. This site is also invaluable for support, you know if you feel disheartened or feel yourself going off plan, there's loads of people on here who've been there or are there. SW is a family, we're all in it together xx

Kerry is right this site is amazing. Especially if ppl around you don't support you very well or even if they do.
Onto week 3 lost over 10lb and happily sat with my son and niece as they had fish n chips and had fish (batter removed) and my own mushy peas and enjoyed it just as much. Thing to remember is only you can change this and as Kerry said a pound a week is great and much better than putting a pound or more on a week because if you give up in 6 months, 12 months 2 years ull only want to do it again and then it'll be harder if you've put weight on whereas if you start now by that same 6 months you'll be one doing before and after pics n not one saying I'm new how do I start :) x

Back