Need some motivation / inspiration to get back on track

slrayner

I have not been following the plan properly for the last 3 weeks :mad: I have been kidding myself prentending that I have but I really haven't

I have been having takeaways, chocolate etc, not been counting syns or healthy extras.

Went to the supermarket last night and bought everything in but I just need to get back into the mind set or I am never going to do it.

I have stayed around the same weight for a fair few weeks now and I think this triggered me not following the plan. Luckily I have only gained 3 pounds

I need heeeeelp!

Hiya,

I have had a weekend of the same to be honest - but this morning i sat down and planned my meals for the week to try and keep me focused and on track.

Good luck with this week - think ahead and forget the last three weeks!!

k xx

Think of your future self and how much happier you will be when you are slim and healthy:D. I was going to cancel a savings account I have opened but I realised that my future self will really need that money and if I cut back now i.e. stop living in the now and think of the future I can make the changes I need to. This may sound slightly odd :p, but that's what worked for me - I may enjoy a blow out week but my future self will be sad as I am not at my target.

Thanks for the replies, Yes I do need to think of the future.

I find it hard to ween myself off takeaways though - I had one last night and I didn't even need it!

Fresh start done well so far though today just a banana and a syn free yog. Made a massive batch of butternut squash soup to bring to work all week so thats my lunch.

Do you like cooking?

Just wondering if you could recreate the takeaway SW style so you're having the same kind of food only it isn't going to sabotage your weight loss.

how do you make butternut squash. i have made myself a veg soup that contained butternut squash but i am always open to new ideas. plus i love squash.

^^^^

I do like cooking but it depends on the ingredients-usually curries etc involve buying so many spices etc I find it easier just to order the lowest syn option from the takeaway :-s

I love pizza and curries though so if anyone has any quick and simple options I am all for it.

I just need to get back into the mindset and I think that's the hardest thing

Really simple I don't add anything fancy. Chop up an onion, slowly cook in frylight 2 mins then add a butternut squash and two sweet potatoes (chopped)
I then bung in salt, paprika and chilli powder. Put boiling water until it covers the veg then crumble 2 veg oxo cubes over top.
Simmer until veggies are soft and cooked through
Take off the hob and blend with hand held blender.

Makes about 4 / 5 batches and it is yummy!

Curries can be ready in 30 mins. You can use curry powder, Schwartz madras is a good one ,which is free, I prefer Pataks paste which is 4 syns per level tblsp.(but worth it!)
Chinese stirfries are even quicker, just count the syns in a stirfry sauce if you want something tasty. There is a recipe for lemon sauce in the 100 saucy secrets book, or you may find others on the recipe thread.

Back