Need some motivation :(

Kerryx13

Well guys, I'm doing slimming world and have been going for 10 weeks now. My start weight was 22st12.5lbs, I currently weigh 20st9lbs, but my problem is that recently I have been feeling really down, haven't really been sticking to the diet as I should be, having things here and there that I shouldn't but I feel like a slave to food... I know how far I have come but my target seems so so so far away... And even with the weight I have lost I can't see the difference...
I started going with my friend who has lost 1st4lbs and you can really see the difference and it really gets me down that I can see the numbers dropping but can't see any difference :(
I know I shouldn't be wanting a quick fix, more a lifestyle change but if I saw what it was doing it would keep me going.
I go through the same routine every week, eating crap at the start then by the weekend (I weigh in on Monday) I did myself trying to eat as little as possible for the scales, then as soon as I weigh in I go all out and eat a lot :( I'm not proud but I really need to do this, I have so much support but if I don't have the support of myself I feel stuck :( I dont know what to do :(
Sorry for the emotion overspill haha

Hey hun, because you have started at a higher weight, you are able to get away with a few more syns. Maybe talk to your consultant about it and see if you could actually have some more planned syns. That way instead of just eating anything when you feel you need to, you could limit it to a certain amount which as you lose weight you could gradually reduce

You are still losing though and have done fab, so you are doing something right.

Hope you have a good week xx

Don't worry about the emotion overspill - that's why we're all here. What makes you especially happy? Is there something that you really, really enjoying doing? Sometimes if we step outside the diet box and do something really great that doesn't involve the diet plan, we can feel good about ourselves and then approach everything else more positively, if that makes sense. I totally understand.... I joined SW (for the 4th time) 3 weeks ago. Lost 4lbs in the 1st week, which although is a good loss, was much smaller than I would usually lose in a 1st week. On top of that, I kept thinking bout all the 'failed' diets in the past, why would this time be different etc etc. Anyway, told hubby, who phoned my friend and she asked me to meet her for coffee. I had a skinny latte (healthy ex A!), but most importantly, I laughed and laughed until I was crying - we talked about everything other than SW. Anyway, was feeling more upbeat after meeting her and stuck to the plan. Lost 7lbs the 2nd week! It was a lesson for me. I'm trying not to think ahead or behind me. Just getting through the day from one meal to the next - I have 9 stone to lose. Anyway, really didn't mean to bang on about myself. I hope tomorrow is a new and better day for you! You've done so well up to now. Keep going forward!! xo

even with the weight I have lost I can't see the difference

YOU may not be able to see it, but I bet others are starting to! I know exactly what you mean, as do lots of us on here, that you're so used to seeing and being a 'large' person that it takes a long time for your head to catch up and realise that you're not necessarily that big anymore. It's taken me nearly 2 years to lose nearly 7 stone and my head still isn't completely used to the fact that I'm not still a plus size (and then some!)

Do your clothes feel any looser, are you taking measurements? Things like this should make you realise that you are making a difference. Keep doing what you're doing as your losses are great. Wait for the compliments to start rolling in and you can really start to enjoy your success!

Thanks guys, just watched the biggest loser final that has certainly inspired me, had a cry to my other half and to help me along he is going to do it with me so I don't get tempted by any food he gets... Ado my mum joined last week, was just worrying about looking like a failure in front of her but I have definately cheered up now and got my fighting spirit back!

Your comments welled me up <3 bloody emotional softie I am! Haha thank you xxx

thats great to hear hun, I was going to suggest watching the biggest loser final for inspiration, sounds like you have some amazing family support too,

It is difficult at the beginning but you will see a loss and as mentioned before try doing your measurements too

and you are doing phenominally well, look at some of the inspirational stories and pics on here too

good luck and keep up the good work xx

Well guys, I'm doing slimming world and have been going for 10 weeks now. My start weight was 22st12.5lbs, I currently weigh 20st9lbs, but my problem is that recently I have been feeling really down, haven't really been sticking to the diet as I should be, having things here and there that I shouldn't but I feel like a slave to food... I know how far I have come but my target seems so so so far away... And even with the weight I have lost I can't see the difference...
I started going with my friend who has lost 1st4lbs and you can really see the difference and it really gets me down that I can see the numbers dropping but can't see any difference :(
I know I shouldn't be wanting a quick fix, more a lifestyle change but if I saw what it was doing it would keep me going.
I go through the same routine every week, eating crap at the start then by the weekend (I weigh in on Monday) I did myself trying to eat as little as possible for the scales, then as soon as I weigh in I go all out and eat a lot :( I'm not proud but I really need to do this, I have so much support but if I don't have the support of myself I feel stuck :( I dont know what to do :(
Sorry for the emotion overspill haha

Hey hun seems as though your having a bad time of it, the thing is your not on plan anymore and you need to be to lose the weight, if you stick to the plan you will start to feel better about yourself as i think not sticking to the plan is getting you down too. you also need to eat when your hungry its kind of how it works, starving yourself near weigh in will only make things worse and your weight will become harder to shift in the future as it will slow your metabolism, I know its sounds harsh but if you truely stick to the plan you will start to see the difference it just may take a while for your body to get in to the rhythm of it after what you have been doing. Try to keep a food diary, make sure you have your syns each day as they'll stop you going of track hopefully and keep posting on here to let us know how you get on, we are all here to support you x ;)

Just thought I would let you all know that I am feeling a lot better today, I've taken your advice and have been sticking to plan 100% :) went food shopping yesterday which is always good as I get sick o eating the same things every day...

Finally found the mint mullet lights yay!!!

Back