• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Need some support re: emotional eating

rh00by

Used to be fatter
S: 16st2lb C: 13st11lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 34.2 Loss: 2st5lb(14.6%)
Aw Guys, I'm having a rubbish time of it.

I'm battling with the urge to emotionally eat.

I know it won't make me feel any better in the long run, and it's reverting back to type; I didn't get to this weight by eating sensibly or by dealing with things properly.

Anyone got any advice for me...

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:

rh00by

Used to be fatter
S: 16st2lb C: 13st11lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 34.2 Loss: 2st5lb(14.6%)
OMG Kristin... Thankyou... That article... wow... that's me they're talking about.

I am signing up to that group as soon as I get home.

S: 20st9lb C: 20st9lb G: 13st0lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I have used Paul McKenna to beat cravings & emtoinal eating - in just 2 weeks I have completely stopped snacking & binging! Not even on SW food :)

what do you want to eat? because on SW you can have a small portion of anything as long as you have enough syns.

So for example if you want a Krispy Kreme donut - then thats 15 syns.....just have one :D

I guess the issue is the link between why you want to eat 'that' food - whatever it may be!

When i feel like giving up i come on Minimins, and remind myself WHY i am losing weight, WHY i want to succeed, WHY i am dedicated to the plan (cos it works is the easy answer) and then i look at my progress photos - ive come this far, i am NOT doing this twice!!!!

Ive been battling my weight demons my whole adult life, and i am not going to let myself down anymore. I have blips sure, im human and far from perfect....but when i gain, i know why and i get right back on the plan again - 100%!!!

I can do it - and so can you xxx

S: 19st5lb C: 15st11lb G: 11st11lb BMI: 33.6 Loss: 3st8lb(18.45%)
I am a big-time emotional eater too - on SW if I get the urge to binge, I try and eat free food, so although I may have overeaten as it goes, my brain can process this within the allowed rules, so it doesn't perpetuate the cycle of eat - guilt - how to get rid of the guilt - eat - more guilt - you get the idea. OK, so you pigged out, but you didn't break the rules, so don't feel guilty and get back on track.

Good luck x