Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Need some support re: emotional eating

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by rh00by, 7 September 2010 Social URL.

1. rh00by

rh00by Used to be fatter

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(14.6%)
    Aw Guys, I'm having a rubbish time of it.

I'm battling with the urge to emotionally eat.

I know it won't make me feel any better in the long run, and it's reverting back to type; I didn't get to this weight by eating sensibly or by dealing with things properly.

Anyone got any advice for me...

Last edited: 7 September 2010
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. shell_y

shell_y Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(12.91%)
    Diet:
    SW
    When you feel like that, do some exercise until it passes.

4. rh00by

rh00by Used to be fatter

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(14.6%)
    OMG Kristin... Thankyou... That article... wow... that's me they're talking about.

I am signing up to that group as soon as I get home.

5. jerricebenton

jerricebenton Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    I have used Paul McKenna to beat cravings & emtoinal eating - in just 2 weeks I have completely stopped snacking & binging! Not even on SW food :)

6. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

what do you want to eat? because on SW you can have a small portion of anything as long as you have enough syns.

So for example if you want a Krispy Kreme donut - then thats 15 syns.....just have one :D

I guess the issue is the link between why you want to eat 'that' food - whatever it may be!

When i feel like giving up i come on Minimins, and remind myself WHY i am losing weight, WHY i want to succeed, WHY i am dedicated to the plan (cos it works is the easy answer) and then i look at my progress photos - ive come this far, i am NOT doing this twice!!!!

Ive been battling my weight demons my whole adult life, and i am not going to let myself down anymore. I have blips sure, im human and far from perfect....but when i gain, i know why and i get right back on the plan again - 100%!!!

I can do it - and so can you xxx

shell_y likes this.
  7. Sparky67

Sparky67 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am a big-time emotional eater too - on SW if I get the urge to binge, I try and eat free food, so although I may have overeaten as it goes, my brain can process this within the allowed rules, so it doesn't perpetuate the cycle of eat - guilt - how to get rid of the guilt - eat - more guilt - you get the idea. OK, so you pigged out, but you didn't break the rules, so don't feel guilty and get back on track.

Good luck x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.