Need somebody & general chit chat

thats the beauty about SW though, you can have fun occasionally !!

ahhhh but thats the problem with me, its never occasionally is it! i mean lets take last night for an example i got back from mums and had 1 choc biscuit (ok not that bad), bowl of high fat custard with a packet of minsterals in it and 2 large choc chip cookies on the side! no hope, no hope at all

do you prefer the flexibility of SW?

I love it. CD reset my system and many problems I had before CD (such as heartburn, not being able to tolerate onions etc) had gone now so I am loving SW. I have to work more for my pounds but this has improved my fitness too so I am happy with that.

Are you on CD then or SW?

having SW chips and beans for tea.....just so you all know lol

then we are marking out our own garden ready to dig and build and make it all pretty...anyone got a magic wand that i can wave to cut out all the hard work?

didnt get very far with the diggin im afraid, hit lots and lots of bricks and then concreate so that was a bit pants really.

right then if you dont want to listen to a grown woman cry, stop reading now.

i really dont know what to do, iv been doing SW for about a year i initialy lost 1 and half stone which is what i wanted to loose and then i set my target. but i have lost all motivation and drive, i have put the half stone back on and lost it again more times than i care to remember. i am still very happy that i havnt put the stone back on though. i dont know what to do now though. tonight i didnt go to WI, this is the first one i have missed apart from going on holiday in June, i even went on boxing day! i dont feel any benifit from going, i dont stay anymore because i dont get anything out of staying and find it a complete waste of time, this is because i dont like people & sitting in a room full of them scares me to death and i never talk to the consultant or pick up any 'handy hints'. i dont know if to stop going all together and just weigh myself at home, if i add 2lbs to my home digital scales they read the same as SW's. or if to go back and sit in on the 'new starters' bit and pretent im new (this will be a big thing for me to manage so not sure i could do it on my own) but im not sure this will help as i really just cant be bothered with it anymore. i do think SW is great and heathly but im just rubbish at it i love sweet things too much, i can handle the green & red days bit just not the cut out on the sweet things bit and no i cant just have my syn allowance worth. iv done all the old trick, fat photo on the fridge, costume i need to get into hung up were i can see it etc etc nothing works anymore

Help?

well you have to do whats right for you, If you love your sweet things then would you be able to restrict yourself if you dont have the Target WI each week? You are in the healthy BMI now so maybe if you feel SW isn't for you anymore then try going it alone and using this site as your resource. If it doesn't work or you need the structure again then you could go back to SW. xx

aggggg i have a new mouse with a stupid side click thingy on it that makes the page go backwards, i have tiped this 3 times now and keep pressing the stupid button with my thumb and wiping it!!! agghhh

i dont know what to do, i use weigh in as an excuse, if i have done good i come home and even if i have prepared tea i eat 3 or 4 bowls of frosties telling myself its ok i have lost weight this week or to make myself feel better if i havnt. i wont have anything else sweet and naughty in the house cos i would eat it all in one go.

i tell my partner "i must be good this week" he agrees and we start good then i say i fancy something nice and off we pop to the shop and come back with arms full of goodies. i cant help it i have always been the same i used to run a sweet department and purposly cut through the chocolate bars in the boxes so i could eat the top layer cos we couldnt sell them!

i would stay on here, weigh myself every week at the same time and stick to the basic SW rules but i dont know if that would be enough, but then going to get weighed isnt working either so i dont know what to do.

i have even been hypnotised , twice!, to try and stop the sweet cravings, it worked for about 3 days.

i really dont know what to do

Now you say you go to the shops for something nice? but have you thought how nice it is really?? how does it make you feel afterwards.. are you happy? do you honestly enjoy every mouthful of is there a little voice saying" you know you shouldnt have me.. I too can consume the entire contents of a sweetie shop, but I am learning how to avoid the damage.. I have mini milks in the freezer, chocolate orange or fudge alpen lights.. chocolate snack a jacks, space raiders, rainbow drops, cheesy curls, WW yoghurts the strawberry tart and toffee apple etc ones.. snack foods that are low syns so if I do have a munch on.. which believe me happens!!! I can limit the damage I do..
You know what you are going to do so head yourself off at the pass..
Cant your goodies be magazines to read in a deep bubble bath? extra nice body lotion to rub into your slimmer body?? only you can control what you do.. you deserve better than high fat high sugar nastiness that is making you miserable in the end.. cos if you were happy with what you were doing there wouldnt be a problem.. now where is my stick!!!

lol thank you Emski, your right i know your right, iv always known what your saying is right agghhh.

i need to get my head back in to gear dont i, i need, no i want to do this right for myself to get to were i want to be and of course to help FBI win this month. right then here goes, im going to do this. thank you girlies.........i may be back moaning agin but for now, i can do this.

iv been looking on this website, i normally just come to our bit, i found this thought it was cool:-
H.A.L.T= hungry? angry? lonely? or tierd? if your hungry fine choose something healthy that will actually fill you. if hunger is not the problem then food is not the answer. wear an elastic band round your wrist with this on it to remind you.
10 tips for emotional overeating!
1. Write it away
Next time you get a craving for a specific food, such as cheesecake, write it down in a
notebook. Recording a food thought takes it out of your head.

2. Take two bites
Don’t deprive yourself of your favourite dessert. Instead, take two bites. The first two bites
of any food always have the most flavour. After that, you’re just “feeding.”

3. Food becomes wasted
Stop feeling guilty about throwing away your kid’s other half sandwich or the leftover
food on your plate. In reality, if you eat food your body doesn’t need, it’s wasted!

4. Set tiny goals
Stick to an exercise plan by creating repeated success. Set small, achievable goals. If you
can walk for five minutes a day, then start there.

5. What do I
really want to chew on?

When you crave crunchy or chewy food, think about what’s bothering you in life. Is it
finances? Kids? Deadlines? Since eating won’t change it, try to cope in some other way.

6. Instant way to stop eating
When you’ve had a bad day and start eating nonstop, go brush your teeth. If you’re not
where you can brush, eat a distinctly opposite flavour. To block a sweet taste, suck on a
lemon wedge or eat a sour pickle. To block salty or spicy triggers such as salsa, reach for
a stick of gum or strong mint candy.

7. No more cheating
It’s impossible to cheat with food.
Cheating refers to something illegal or immoral, and food
is neither of these. Instead, refer to your
choices. “I made a choice to eat a cookie today!”

8. Eat in the presence of others
To overcome your patterns of sneak eating, make a policy that you’ll always eat sweets
or favourite foods in the presence of at least one other person.

9. Small wins
Write down at least five things you did today that were small accomplishments. Before you
go to bed, read your list out loud and tell yourself you’re a great success.

10. No more deprivation
Instead of feeling deprived or feeling left out, ask yourself, “What does my weight deprive
me of?” Make a list of the things you’re missing out on by being overweight..

I have previously read this and it is very good to use. I use the two bite idea if I am eating something really naughty !!

im listening to the Law of Attraction on you tube at the moment, that The Secret hummmmm cant see that working myself lol

I have been there myself and the only thing I can really say is if your heads not there your heads not there! Have you tried writing down all the reasons you want to lose weight and all the things that's preventing you from doing it? That sometimes helps.

Hi Monkeys Bunny
Have to agree with Emski on having a good supply of low syn goodies in the house - I sometimes have the need to eat, eat and eat again (not even hungry) and green or red just is not going to fill that gap - so if I have low syn snacks in the fridge cupbard etc I can go from Alpen light to low fat yoghurt mixed with quark and a little sweetner (now that is filling!) to maybe a packet of BGTY (sanisburys) cheese and onion crisps. The goodies need to be something you can just grab hold of - nothing that take preparation.
Take a moment to think back to that time when you made a conscious decision to get onto the SW path - what was the specific thing that did it for you - the final straw??

thanks girls, i am going to try, take each day at a time. i didnt have anything naughty last night and i managed to not have a bowl of All bran for no reason at all before going to bed.

i re tryed my costume on for the 16th AUgust and ripped a bit of the seam lol. i have left it hung in the bed room out of the wardrobe to try and inspire me.

just have to keep my fingers crossed and remember its my choice, i choose what i put into my mouth and noone else can choose for me

Well done MB, sounds like you are getting a little reason back into your head. Sometimes it is just a little lightbulb that needs to be switched on and it seems like there is a flicker there

ha ha well i know your all ace on here but it was really helpful just to write it down and get opinions. i sent my friend pictures of my in my costume for the 14th Aug and she says i look good, so if i can loose a couple more pounds by then i should be fine. im going to post me in my costume could you all please tell me Honestly what you really think and whether i should actually go out around town in it or not.

thank you all very much

Back