Need support - 10 stone to lose

Yorkshiregirl

Oh my goodness - 10 stone. Can't believe it myself. Well, I made a start this week and lost 6lbs.:D

If only every week was as easy as the first week - and you lost that every time! I know a lot of the drop in the first week is water though :(

Still it is a good start!

I just wated to say hello, and start joining in the forums!

YorkshireGirl

Welcome to Minimins! :)

Yeah, the first week is always a cracker... If I was still losing mine at a rate of 9Ibs a week, I'd be a very happy bunny lol.

Good luck :)

Hey

Well done 6lb is a great start.......I always say that as long as the scales move down and not up then Im happy!!!

Best of luck on your journey!!!!

xxxxshellxxxx

Hiya Yorkshire girl,
Climb on board and join in. I'm Lynne. Ive also got loads to lose as you can see from my ticker.
Get your ticker sorted when you can and enjoy the site and all the fab people on here.
Where in Yorkshire are you? I'm just over the Pennines from you lol.
Lynne x

Well done on great weight loss .You found the right place for support .Where are you in yorkshire xx

Thanks for the welcome everyone - can't believe how quickly you all replied!

I am in East Yorkshire - not far from York.

I have tried to do a ticker - so will see if if shows up :rolleyes:

I am not following any particular plan - just trying to eat healthier choices and smaller portions! Actually, it's more eating smaller portions and no snacking! I'm probably still eating the same type of meals.

Yes, I am snacker!

I was debating joining slimming world - but have not made a decision yet. Whats everyone else doing?

Thanks for the welcome everyone - can't believe how quickly you all replied!

I am in East Yorkshire - not far from York.

I have tried to do a ticker - so will see if if shows up :rolleyes:

I am not following any particular plan - just trying to eat healthier choices and smaller portions! Actually, it's more eating smaller portions and no snacking! I'm probably still eating the same type of meals.

Yes, I am snacker!

I was debating joining slimming world - but have not made a decision yet. Whats everyone else doing?

Hi, I'm doing my own thing too and not following any particular plan. Basically, I don't snack, have controlled mealtime portions, don't eat after 7:30 and move my arse everyday for some exercise lol.

Different things work for different people, though, and I was seriously considering SW at one point.

Not to far away then Im in the sunny City of Ripon .There are a few on here doing there own heathy eating plans on here so you will be able to share experiences .I lost my weight on CD but now follow my own heathy eating thing and doing ok well for 6 months anyway.Got to go back to work now got to fry few hundred fish chips for the hoards .xx

Well done on your first 6lb. I'm doing Scottish Slimmers and got another 7 and a bit stones to go. It seems like a long way off, but I find it easier to handle if I look at it it wee chunks...like focussing on half a stone at a time. Hiya btw should have said that first. Good luck with it, looking forward to following your road.

Well done on your first week!

I'm doing Lighterlife. I did have around 10stone to lose. Now it's 7 and a half!

Might want to lose a bit more after that, but for the moment, I'm focusing on the 10stone mark!

Bx

well done on your first week. I had more than 10 stone to lose. And have now lost 11 and a half on lighter life since April this year. Just one more stone to go and I'll be at my goal.
Now a 'normal' BMI and have started introducing food over the last three week and continued to lose while doing so which I'm really pleased about.
Good luck with your journey. You've made the decision to make the change and you CAN do this. I can't quite believe I finally almost have!! xx

Hi YorkshireGirl, well done on a fantastic first week! My name's Jo and I am restarting this week after a few months moping around and feeling sorry for myself. I have now given myself a big kick up the bum and am ready to have another go. I've found this site to be very supportive and friendly and you should look in the gallery for some very inspiring photos. Anyway, take care and the best of luck to you, Jo xx

Hi Yorkshiregirl,

I have MORE than 10 stone to lose so you have it easy !!!

At 23½ stone I need to lose anywhere between 11 stone and 14 stone but definitely more than ten.

I have also just started my Lighter Life journey so hope the perspective of someone who is *above* 20 stone helps you feel less daunted.

Best wishes,
Sharon

Thanks for the support everyone. I got weighed on Saturday (2lbs lost - yay). It was two days early, but I was passing Boots (where the scales are) and I could not resist! I am getting weighed there so I dont get weighed every day at home!! ;)

Roundrachel - that's an amazing loss - might have to have a look at Lighterlife - not sure what it is.

Strictly Shaz - thanks for that. Please do make sure you post how you are getting on.

YG xxx

Hi Yorkshire girl... its always a pleasure to see another Yorkshire lass around. I'm from West Yorkshire, near Pontefract.
Well done on your losses so far and a bigger well done for taking the first step by starting to diet and by joining what is probably the best weight loss support forum ever.
I've got 9 stone to lose now, but I did have somewhere in the region of 11 when I started casually dieting this January.
Wishing you all the luck in your weight loss journey

~Silence~

Hi YorkshireGirl - well done on your first weeks loss! keep up the good work!

I have about 10 Stone to lose as well but I have given myself a goal of 7ish and going to maintain for a few months and then go for the final attack!

I am doing the Cambridge Diet which is meal replacements - it's not for everyone but it works for me.

Back