Need to be careful forever Attn: AKB

Anja
Don't worry I wasn't upset. Just saying that when you have young children in the family life goes on and Santa Claus still comes.It's just us grownups that are dreading Christmas without mam.

Sorry hon,

It started on DHH with me posting a thoughtful blog on why I would always have to be careful about food etc. FOREVER and how I could never take my eye off the ball... That original post introduced me to AKB who was having similar problems & the same thoughts and 1000s of posts later it is now a conversation between me, AKB & Irene mainly but Mini, Isobel, Summer, Westhills and others occasionally pop in to say hi.

Need to be careful forever! - Topic Powered by eve community

I simply called a new thread the same title when we moved over because it's easier to spot with the same name but I suppose it's less obvious to newer readers although I WILL ALWAYS HAVE TO BE CAREFUL so it still stands...

Anja

Many thanks! LOL! I did wonder why it seemed like a conversation between you and AKB. LOL! I so understand now. THANK YOU. Good luck and I hope I'm as determined as you when I reach goal.

Luv,

CC:D

Hi CC and welcome

Way to go girl - I see you are still as determined as you seemed in Birmingham! Good weight loss - keep going and you too can be as f*cked up over food as I am;) Joking aside, Anja is dead right when she started this thread - there are lots of us out there who will always need to be careful about food - a VLCD is a great tool but keeping it off is a whole different game which requires yet to acquired strategies - and as for the foodfest that is Christmas - grief all the way:eek:

Seriously tho, do keep going - it is worth it and have a lovely Christmas whether you decide to eat/abstain etc! Like I say to my clients if you do nothing else just keep drinking at least 2L of water a day!

Love,
A
xxxx:D

Thank you, thank you, thank you Anja!!!

What a lovely surprise to come home to and such a generous present - I shall enjoy spending those, hmmm... let me think where I could go shopping.....

Hope all is ok, glad you spoke to your Dad re the IR thing and it didn't provoke too much aggro, hopefully you can get it sorted over the break!

I'm starting my hols tomorrow - yippee almost 2 weeks off - just germinating a cold (or tonsillitis) in time for it to hit the minute I break up - typical. One good thing about feeling rough is I'm not quite so interested in food!

Hope to finish work lunchtime at the latest tomorrow and then nip to bank, see a couple of clients then collect the boy from Supercamps party and then home to vegetate - or prep for decorating! Had some free time yesterday after course finished as he was taken to see Flushed Away (again) and sad sack that I am - I spent it in B&Q and Tesco - wow don't I know how to party?

Had to go to Tesco again today - not fun - getting very busy but anyway, apart from meat which is being delivered by butcher tomorrow, don't have to do anything else except deliver the odd present and cards around village. Was very restrained for me and didn't buy choc, pickled onions, mayonnaise, bread, biscuits, crisps, ice cream, chocolate flavoured squirty mousse (tip back head, open mouth and squirt until all gone - not one of my most sensible purchases:eek: ) etc - basically steered clear of quite a few poor nutrition choices - pretty much a first for me - I'm working on the premise that if I don't buy it I can't eat it (unless my family supply it on my visits there:rolleyes: )

Right, going to have a wee sort out downstairs, put on some washing, and see what I can do to soothe my flippin' wisdom teeth that are bothering me now - another help in the "not being inclined to eat" mood - sore teeth and gums - no wonder babies cry when they teethe - it s0dding hurts!

Oooh - forgot to say. at the end of the course yesterday we were given complimentary polo shirts and I'm wearinga SMALL - ok an American small - but me - small - wahayyyyyyy - floated out of that laboratory.......

Will be on tomorrow evening - hope you have a good day/work party etc,
Much love,
A

Hiya Irene - love you loads xxxxxxxxxxxx:D

Hey honey!

I'm so relieved it arrived, I posted it last Saturday & I was just starting to think maybe it had disappeared into the million missing articles pile! Bad luck with feeling rough hon, that's all you need.

Will admit to also being thoroughly f***ed up about food too. Today was Christmas lunch which was a bit mank, starter was soup, ok but not that into parsnips... main was "vegetable paella" technically but was actually tomato rice with veg thrown in & goats cheese on top which I instantly scraped off & Julian took away & ate as I was starting to gag at the smell of it melting! (Everyone else liked their turkey etc.) Also the mango cheesecake was to die for but only a very small piece unfortunately. Broke up from work at 12, had lunch then tottered off to Asda to do our food shop amid the standard Christmas chaos... I hate supermarkets this time of year! Didn't have a proper dinner but did have a fair few pringles & a couple of slices of fresh bread with butter. Oh well, better than a full dinner & most of my meal today was veg of one sort or another so I don't care!

Guy & Anita tomorrow.

Finally I sorted our traffic light problem. We had a gas leak outside & on the other side of the road so BG vented the road & dug a large hole last weekend at 11.30 pm! Monday 6am the traffic lights packed up & was red both ends so the people waiting behind the front cars beep constantly until they move. This has happened each & every morning for about 2 1/2 hours until the blokes turn up & reset them, 4 days to Thursday when I rang the council for the second time to go bl**dy mad! They work all day & night then pack up mid morning for no real reason! My room is at the front of the house & for 4 days in a row I was lying in bed for 2 hours just listening to car horns & swearing! (Also once they're fixed the ones who went through when they were broken in the morning tend to cut them even when they're working as they don't realise!) Soooo 6.30 Thursday morning I rang BG & Council & suggested the buggers switch them off completely so everyone realises they're broken & this morning (joy of joys!) they did & I got some sleep! Yeay!

Sorry! essay!

(I'm chuffed to report that I wore my LR silk-cashmere 10-12 French jumper to work lunch - Woohoo!)

Anyway, will run away now but we are around tonight & most of tomorrow (although Guy's here!). I will be cheering my boy, Matt, on in the SCD final tomorrow evening but hopefully we will be in until returning to work on 28th now. (Alison has Friday off so I get Weds off & we're both in on Thurs!)

Have a REALLY lovely time in Scotland Irene!

& Ailsa - good luck with the sugar & boots!

Love xxx

Hi hon!

So sorry to hear about the trouble with the traffic lights - grim, there's nothing worse than disturbed sleep - I should know:mad: I foolishly let the boy watch Gremlins and now he's all nightmares - I've bribed him (fingers crossed) tonight by saying that FC will expect to see him in his bed! I can't go downstairs yet to wrap his presents as he keeps getting up to check I'm here.
Pants about Xmas lunch too - sometimes I used to find the veggie choices were nicer than the meat ones and then on other occasions it would be the other way round.
Hope you had a nice time with Guy and Anita. Did they get you some cool presents? Snap I wore my LR top too - I ordered 2 more (coral and indigo) but the are 14-16 - I'm still a porker. And biy what I have been eating - mostly roasted veg and fruit salad and yoghurt - healthier options but I still eat way too much. Tomorrow is roast goose at my sister's. My Mum and stepdad will be here along with former debtor bro and his wife:rolleyes: . The boy will be the only child so it'll not be much fun for either of us as my brother in law is somewhat hyper around kids (wait until his is born in Feb) and the boy can't breathe too hard or he's down on him like a tonne of bricks.
Oh well, think the boy's asleep - operation present wrap ahead!
Have a super duper time and will catch up with you soon.
Much love as always,
A

Hey honey!

Hope you got your wrapping all sorted!

We had a quiet time, got everything I asked for including my portable DVD player for Spain/hols etc. which is cool but have had huge meals 4 days in a row what with my work do, Guy & Anita coming, Sunday lunch & then Christmas Day... and with it being Boxing Day Mum and Dad are doing the gammon for today's big lunch as we speak. My 14 jeans are now more comfortable than my 12s and I actually squealed when I saw 11,11 on the scales yesterday morning. Totally ploughing in the wrong direction & 5lbs on in 4 days! So, new leaf required asap to have lost a bit by the time we see the rellies on the 6th Jan! Have tomorrow off too which is nice but overspent a bit on Christmas so will be Ebaying a few bits that I never got round to doing pre-Christmas in the hope of sorting myself out a bit.

Have had a tempestuous year all things considered. Started the diet Jan 20th and fairly quickly dropped 3 1/2 stone, found out my so-called friend was a toxic cow who was trying to sabotage & dishearten me in any way possible, made tonnes of good friends on here, (particularly you my dear!) & Irene and Ann of course!. Got 93% for my dissertation for which I will be forever proud & then got Raynauds Phenomenon which wasn't a great end, all things considered! Now have got to avoid putting any more weight on & try to get back off those 5lbs to make it a 3 stone loss a year on, and then plough on with the other 2 stone. (Laziness is the bane of my life, I could have done this all already if I'd had any more willpower!)

Hope you and Ross had a fantastic Christmas & have a peaceful & prosperous New Year!

Love xxx

Anja
So pleased to have met you this year and I do hope you will be coming to the wemitt meet in March.

Ailsa
Have a great time

And congratulations to you both on the new size tops

Irene xx

Firstly both Hi & happy New Year to Irene, Ailsa, Julie & anyone else reading!

Have finally pulled my head out of the sand and am doing something about the "few lbs" I've put on since my exam, essay, holiday etc. which has today unfortunately now reached 18 due to the 8 I've put on since the 11th December! Oh dear! I actually hit 12,0 this morning so am SSing from today onwards, (this has been planned since just after Christmas so I probably worsened the damage slightly by finishing up Christmas chocs etc.) We are off to my Aunt & Uncle's on Sat so I would like to be about 7 or 8 lbs down by then which would be 3 stone less than the last time they saw me. Have been avoiding changing my ticker 'cos I'm a wuss but will go & do it to get my head round it! First target is 10,10 again i.e. my lowest August weight & then 10 stone & then 9,7. My ultimate goal is 9,2 but I would be happy with 9,7 the way things are going. BUT FIRST I need to shift this 18lbs... (Have put on 6 inches & 8 lbs in just over a fortnight! Eeek!)

How are you doing Julie? Did I read somewhere you were looking into surgery or am I thinking of someone else?

Will go & change my tracker & catch up with my WeMitt pals & try to ignore ANOTHER roast lunch going on downstairs...

Love to all & Good Luck for 2007!

Love xxx

Happ New Year to all!

Sorry I haven't been a very good board buddy lately everyone - been busy visiting family (ok but ate too much!), getting parking tickets whilst visiting friends (Fume!!), decorating the lounge, kitchen/diner etc - how sad am I buying the paint because of it's name rather than colour?? (Rice Pudding - can you tell I am back on SS??)
Anyway, just figured out that the floor steamer will steam paint off floors (phew) but not going to do it 'til later as nice gardener here and we are about to SORT OUT THE GARAGE and greenhouse etc. Have warned him that I'm the biggest baby ever around spiders and at the first sign of one I shall be squeaking and squealing and being an all round idiot!
So hope to catch up later, not back at work until Thursday so will make an effort to catch up properly before then!

Anch - I hit the big "12" too - probably - I was too scared to get on scales - just over 11-2 now but need to lose a good three quarters of a stone to be back to pre Christmas pig out - hope my work trousers still fit - eek!
Let's SS together into 2007 and slimdom!

Lots of love to all as always
A

God I had forgotten how much I HATE SSing! Got my 3 packs & 4 litres down yesterday but am a little short of packs so am filling the break with both Slimfast & left over Cambridge tetras as I need to swap my hateful peanut & cranberry bars with my CDC for more tetras. (Peach & Mango smoothie is yummy!- I'm figuring if I stay at about 600 cals with the small amount of sugar in both Slimfast/Cambridge I should stay in ketosis, once I get there!)

I was very brave with the scales, I kept an eye on it although I'll admit I was 11,11 for several days in a row before the greater high of 12... although SSing yesterday was apparently enough to drop me to 11,11 already so 3lbs in one day. Excellent. Had the headache from hell yesterday not improved by Dad faffing about loudly with our computer from about half midnight to just shy of 6am this morning! I don't know what he was playing at as we both have work today but I'm knackered!

Hope the spiders haven't got you yet!

Love Anch xxx

:D Hey Anja,
Yes i am on the edge so to speak i am about to resume ssing this is my final chance if i cannot do it the next step is surgery :( but i am fully aware i am in control so my choice either way :confused: even if it doesn't feel like it :rolleyes: .

Good luck with your ssing girls and hope when i pop back in there will be more losses to congratulate for all of us !

Much love Julie xxx

Hi Julie,

Good luck with your restart! You WILL do it this time, one way or another, I just know it!

Just had a bath like all those other VLCDers, & will shortly be going to bed. 2nd day of restart down but I'm finding it pretty terrible. Trying the unknown flavours of Slimfast is interesting but there's food in every book, film, tv programme etc. and I haven't got past the rumbly, hungry stage yet. We live on the main road in our town and our house is about 8 doors down from the Chinese one way & 20 from the Fish & Chip shop; the smell when I got home from work tonight was tantalizing but I ran home & had a raspberry smoothie & my bath. The cravings for everything have just kicked in big time!

Off to bed now, before my willpower disappears completely!

Love Anch xxx

Hey Anja,
What a minefield getting home is for you bless ya ! Good luck with the slimfast hope its going well ! x

Well i just haven't got the right mindset for ssing i did try slimfast but cant really get on with the flavours so i start sw on monday instead of focussing on losing x amount of pounds/stones i am commiting to sw until December wish me luck i know its gonna be a slow journey but i figure its the getting there that counts .

Love to all Julie xxx

Hi Anja

Well, bang goes my resolution to get to bed earlier! Anyway, quick note to say hi...happy New year etc ... I know we've chatted since our last posts - I survived the garage spiders (didn't see any actually!) and the garage looks v. spick and span. Have sorted out son's bedroom and spare room, all Xmas stuff in loft etc, just a bumper pile of ironing to do (no biggee - you know I'm a sad sack who loves it!).
Boy back to Judo tomorrow and so it begins.....
Good luck with the weight loss - you'll get there, I have every faith in you honey!
Loads of love,
A

Julie - keep going duckie - you'll get to your goal!!!!

Hiya,

Quick update: My 3 packs a day lasted until the fourth day when I had a crap day, crashed, burned, felt ill & had takeaway... had 3 meals on Saturday but apart from that I'm doing 2 packs & a meal with the occasional snack & fruit. 5lbs down on last Monday's weight so feeling a bit better & will continue to go down the 11s again. Have bought a new coat in a size 12 so feeling quite happy to put my size 20 duffle coat away. Saw the relatives on Saturday having got my size 12 jeans back on so pretty pleased with that although they didn't comment on me having lost weight as they weren't certain, until I said all my water drinking was part of my diet & they commented that "they thought I might have lost weight". (I thought 14 1/2 stone down to 11 1/2 stone was pretty obvious but perhaps not!)

Yesterday was spent shopping & taking down the Christmas deccies. I only went out for a new dog bed as hers was too small but 3 hours later I came home with some new clothes including my coat, bed, blanket & toys for the dog, loads of stationery for my Maths course (brilliant £1 shop found so new everything!)

Can't remember if I said but I'm off to Spain with Mum for the last week of March.

Better go - have got to start some work.

Julie - Good Luck with SW!
Love Anch xxx

Hey honey,
You'll do it, cut your self some slack and enjoy what you have achieved and don't focus on what is yet to come.
I'm feeling very zenned out at the moment, goodness knows why, curtains cost £100 at dry cleaners - (ouch), the boy fainted whilst having his flu jab (big hysterical scene - me v. red in face and snapping at him to "stop making a holy show of me" etc - he just worked himself up into a right state - I tell you, my actions now are gonna take years of therapy to put right (LOL).
Luckily I have lovely clients to help keep me sane even if I do let them don't by forgetting to put their packs in their bags - I wouldn't mind but I actually got them out of the store, just forgot to put them in the bag - well we were gassing and I'd come over all blokey and could only single-task!!
Been told today that other than moving offices (500 yards behind big house) we're unchanged - so no redundancy or Northumberland for me and no new CDC for Berwick. Shame cos I'd have loved it - but obviously not that much or I would make the move regardless, ho hum!
Found tax return stuff so am going to do it on the weekend. Hope you get to sort your Dad's out ok.
Right, off to hang curtains and drink black coffee - hmmmm and I wonder why I don't sleep???
Study hard you little brainiac you!
Much love,
A
xxxx

Hiya,

What with work & Dad's IR stuff I'm sinking! Will PM about that!

Got to go food shopping, tidy my room (I'm so lazy my Christmas presents got moved upstairs in the Santa Sack are still in it!) And then start my Maths book as 1st assignment is 9th Feb & I haven't opened the book yet! Needless to say I won't be around much but have a great weekend!

love Anch xxx

Back