Need to be careful forever Attn: AKB

Hi Anja,

I have moved your diary thread into the WeMITTS forum.

I seem to be on the WeMITT thread much more often than here these days, maybe I should ask them to move this thread into that forum area!

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini,

I got caught up at work & didn't get round to asking!

How are things with you?

Anja

Hi,

I know this thread isn't touched very often but I do prefer to leave it up top if that's ok.

Hey, Anja.

I love your 'scientific' approach to JUDDDering. So far it seems to work pretty well, overall.

Good luck with your calorific tinkering!

Hi Irene & Girlygirl,

Thanks! I'm really enjoying the judddering!

(This was stickied & somebody undid it so I put it back - it makes more sense for it to be in here than in CD).

My course is going fine. I got a full grant for the Accountancy one that starts in September & I got 93 & 87 so far for the 1st 2 assignments, awaiting mark for 3rd one & halfway through 4th one already. Trying to get ahead again as I'm away for a fortnight in July. 7 assignments in total but 7th is revision so halfway through course at the mo. Exam 9th October then no more Maths! Yippee! Accountancy should be fine - working as I do at an Accountancy firm... several people I can ask questions of & Sage software to practice on!

Love xxx

Thanks Ann! Luckily we don't do the suits thing at the office... Maybe a nice top & trousers instead! I can wear a 12 whether I'm 10,10 as I was last September or 12 stone as I am now. Must be that I put on a few inches everywhere but not enough to go into the next size bracket.

Love xxx

Woohoo! 96% in my latest assignment. With the substitution that OU does that gives me some serious leeway if there's something I really have trouble with later on... Am actually in line for a distinction so far with 85% + for each assignment. Just got to keep it up for the last 4... Roll on October 10th! (day after my exam!)

Congratulations Anja... on your terrific exam results:clap:

30627iw0kr3n6ds.gif

Hi Pepina,

I have seen that you are a new member on minimins and you are posting a lot about diet pills.
You may find you get more response if you post in the appropriate sections, as where you are posting at the moment are threads are not relevant to diet pills or are old threads (this one the last post was 2007) so people wont be looking at them anymore! There isnt a lot of point asking on specific diet sections where weightloss pills are not permitted, like Cambridge Diet, as I notice you have been doing.

I would suggest if you really need information to look round the site and find a relevant section to post, then you may get more responses! If you are interested in specific drugs there are so many on the market that you may find no-one has tried it on here before, in which case maybe you should make an appointment with your GP and ask them for their advice?

Hope this is helpful,
Nikki

Hello Pepina and welcome to the forum :)

Just out of interest, why are you interested in that diet pill, when the other one you mentioned was working so well for you?

You may find that you get a limited response to your request for information as the drugs you mention, though available in your country, are not available over here.

Diet pills are, I think, a dead end for most of us with a life-long weight problem.

The ones that really work tend to be highly addictive. But the body quickly steps up the appetite to counteract 'sudden' starvation. Before you know where you are you need to increase the dose.

And when you stop taking the tablets? Oh, boy. Look out. The 'rebound' weight regain and sharpened appetite are forces to be reckoned with!

It's a real shame but it would seem that there are no real, safe chemical 'quick fixes'. What do others think?

I've never tried them hun, for the exact same reasons you just commented on.

I believe in losing weight without the influence of drugs, as for me I think it has to be a lifestyle change and getting into good habits.

For those who have lots and lots to lose (i have at least 3 stone so i have plenty myself!) I can understand the appeal of potential fixes to what appears to be an unsolvable problem, but I think it is a bit too drastic for me. But saying that I would never have weightloss surgery either.

Ppl may criticise me for saying this but I believe that if you overeat and dont exercise and end up putting on weight, then the obvious thing to do is to start exercising and eating better of you can! Its working for me, it just takes patience and willpower... HOWEVER for those where they are so overweight they CANT exercise etc I would probably think that diet pills/surgery would be a good way of shedding some of the weight until they could "go it alone"...

what do u think? x

Bakerfa,

I've been thinking of you for a few weeks now. I remember this thread and wondered what happened to you and Ailsa. Just so happens I find your username by chance today (as I couldn't remember it).

I hope you are well?

x

Hi Cahching!

Just stopped in for the first time in ages - mainly 'cos I've been trying to SS this week. Have now lost 3 and a half stone twice and am attempting to lose it for the 3rd time. I managed to gradually put all my weight back on and am on the downward track again!

On other issues - have been made redundant twice in the last year and am now maths teacher training having got First class honours in my maths & spanish BSc. Going to Spain for a month in the summer and want a slightly more bikini body before I go BUT I will be eating there...

Anja

Back