Need to be careful forever Attn: AKB

Hiya Hon,
Am really frazzled - car making very loud squeaking noise from front tyre - gonna take it to garage now, if it's unfixable goodness knows what I'll do - wedding tomorrow and car needed to get to airport Sun.
Cats to cattery tonight - arrggghhhhhhh
Gotta dash, car permitting will be home tonight and would love a chat!
Love,
A
xxxx:D :eek: :mad:

Possibly got to delay chat a bit as I might have to go late night shopping in Maidstone - there's a few bits Mum wants me to bring out & I don't want to leave it to the night before my exam & can't do it later as am in London on Saturday... Will check with Mum at lunchtime whether it is necessary...

Hope your car is fine. My brakes also squeak sometimes but Dad says that most Nissans do that occasionally & nothing to worry about. I might have a slow puncture as one was flat on Saturday & we pumped it up again, still up but pressure was only 20 a few mins ago. Had to take banking for work so just did tyre pressures too while I was out. Will keep an eye on it; if I have to do it again soon then I'll have to take the tyre in!

It will be probably be more like 9ish tonight!

Love xxx

Well, didn't the flippin thing stop making the noise half way to the garage? Anyway, they had a look and could see nothing so am assuming it was a stone or something!
Phew!!!! Nobody will ever believe the car isn't an excuse to get out of going to the wedding.
Just less than 2 hrs of work and then home, cattery, fix laptop/broadband router connection, home, sort out for tomorrow. Need to do tyre pressures/oil/water etc but can't do that until car cold so mustn't park on drive as it slopes so oil reading will be wrong!
At least the cats are in and the furniture has survived. They are distinctly unimpressed and are refusing food in protest! Tough - as least they are in so can go to the cattery.
Scales showed same weight this morning - so 1st week of supposed maint OK. Guess I should be glad I've not gained after bumper banana split on Saturday!
Anytime to night will be fine to chat - the later the better as long as I'm in bed and trying to sleep by 10 as up in the middle of the flippin night - I didn't know there were 2 5:30s in a day!!!

Have a good day, hope your car is ok too!
Love,
A
xxxx:D

Ailsa
Have a great day tomorrow and I hope the journey there and back are not too stressful. And just remembered I'll not catch you before you go on hols so I hope you both have a great time.

Anja
Will not be online after tonight. Will ring you on your mobile on Saturday morning.

Irene xx

Hmmm...

10,8 this morning so pleased with that but I STILL don't like my figure. I took my bikini pic to cheer me up & make me feel better & in fact (like I did when I was fat!) I thought my body looked better than it does. Am now slightly depressed at how much tone I need & fat I still have to lose! Even at only 10 stone something my thighs still rub when it's hot... Feeling a bit dull today!

Public Album

Hope the wedding has gone well & Irene - looking forward to seeing you tomorrow even though you won't see this until you get back!

Love xxx

Last edited:
Hi Irene,

Thank you hon! Have been revising like mad; have (I think!) written exam tomorrow morning from 10ish for 2.5 hours & then oral later; 1/2 hour preparation including taping of 5 min piece. I won't see a couple of the pics for the oral until I get there but the main topic I have memorised! - 1.5 sides A4 approx 3 mins talking on women under Franco's regime so I'm hoping to go in with confidence & that I don't forget it during the written exam!

If I get a chance I will go shopping afterwards in Maidstone to relax! Depends on the order; orals are usually done alphabetically so I'm pretty early on with AB as initials. IF the written exam is in the morning then I should get done about 2.30 or so, IF it's in the afternoon then I probably won't get out until 5ish with lots of tense hanging around in the morning!

Glad you both had a nice weekend! Ailsa - hope you're having a lovely time!

Love xxx

I will be keeping my fingers crossed that your day goes well tomorrow. Good luck with both parts of the exam. Then celebrate.
Irene xx

Hi Irene,

Thanks so much for your crossed fingers! (& Ailsa too!)

Written exam was much worse than expected but oral was much better (I used most of my memorised stuff!) - am hoping they'll balance each other out & I'll get a reasonable mark. Will hear at the end of December.

Going to bed in a min as we have to be at Gatwick for 6.30 so will need to be up around 5ish! :( Can't wait to see Mum, am meeting her at a fave restaurant for lunch so long as no delays etc. A should be back tomorrow so hopefully I'll talk to you both soon!

Love xxx

Hiya holiday girl!

Hi Anja,

Don't know when you'll read this but hope you're having as fab a time as I did! Have put on my statutory 19lbs again but am back on SS again with a vengeance! Spent loads of dosh I don't have on perfume and handbags but hey-ho!
Clothes feeling really tight so am really focussed re getting back to 10.5 and then beyond! Am getting hunger pangs now but ignoring them drinking water and sniffing my new Hermes perfume - delish!
Didn't find anywhere selling churos so stuffed myself with ensaimadas instead - even brought one home and ate it (a mediano size - what a pig!!) plus turron and blasted liquorice allsorts again - no idea where that little addiction sprang from!
Anyway, must crack on - enjoy yourself, swim loads and say hi to your Mum and speak soon when you get back.
Loads of love,
A

Hi Irene,

I'm doing really well thanks, bit discombobulated at the mo - pc at work broken so using someone else's, still getting back into the swing of things after the holiday but will buckle down to ironing tonight and sort out house! Met a lovely new client yesterday (FFF on here) - she has beautiful skin and a personality to match and I think she's going to be next year's Slimmer of the Year!

How are you doing? Haven't really had time yet to catch up on everyones threads - are things well on the SS front? Is Cat still enjoying her studies, is her CD going ok too? And your Mam? Sorry so many questions!!

On the scales front for me - 10-13.9 today so thankfully half of holiday gain already off. Am really surprised that SS isn't at all hard this time round - after other breaks I've been dragged kicking and screaming back to SS and really struggled. Perhaps it's because I ate for England on holiday all the while knowing I would be embracing SS wholeheartedly on my return or maybe it's the "fat" feeling that I now recognise and don't like. For years I just bought bigger sizes cos I was fat and "couldn't help it" (oh how good I was at self deception) but now when my size 12s are too tight to be comfy I actually recognise it and make a choice. Should be doing more (currently doing none!!) exercise though.

Ho hum, better get back to work - everything takes much longer on a foreign keyboard - that's my excuse anyway!!!

Lots of love,
A

I am doing ok a few ups and downs but nothing drastic. Cat is doing fine at college but she has had a col and sore throat for 2 weeks now so feeling rather rough but she is still trying to ss. Mam is just about the same still in pain and in my opinion not taking enough tablets but will she listen?

Congratulations on losing so many of the lbs so quickly. it shows it can be done.
Irene xx

Mother's eh????? Mine is causing "issues" left right and centre at the moment. It all started at my middle bro's wedding (Hexham) which was nice and the bride did look lovely (despite her dress not doing up at back - meooww). Anyhow, little brother got wasted drunk and had a go at "stepdad" (who can be utter bore - my brothers call him the amazing bullshitting man) and it descended into the usual family rancour that I have grown to know and love so well over the last 39 years:p
My mother re-writes history faster than the speed of light so she now remembers it completely differently from everyone else and is rapidly geting into huffs with anyone who tells the truth! Another complication is my gobby little bro is getting married in December (big posh do near Guildford) and now "stepdad" has said he's not going as clearly unwelcome and so she is now in quandary which p!sses all her kids off as she's clearly close to choosing some Jonny come lately over her kids (however obnoxious some of us are!). Families - hell on earth at times!!!!!
Anyway, much as it goes against the grain for me not to force her to live in the real world, I ned to humour her so I can get to Nov WeMITT meet up.

As for the weightloss - well that's all it is - weightloss - none of the extra couple of inches I have gained everywhere have diminshed yet! Last hols I did the same - I think I just must be avery good water retainer. Ho hum, back to work, hope your weatehr is better than ours - teeming thunderstorms right now!

Love,
A

RIP Aoife

:( :( :( :(

Environmental Health man just rung to say Aoife's been found dead on the top road in our village. Only got her back on Monday from the cattery (£168 bill:mad: ), she caught a mouse and then went outside as she hates been cooped up and was in for 12 days in the cattery.

Oh dear, the boy will be very upset and so will Luke, our special needs cat. Better reduce the amount of cat food I was planning to buy tonight and cancel her pet insurance.

On a lighter note, at least the local rabbit population will be able to recover.

Do you know anyone who wants a cat kennel - or two - unused???

Back