Need to be careful forever Attn: AKB

It looks very grand and the grounds were superb and the staff I saw were very friendly mind, so I hope you have a good time!

Sniff, ruddy still not got my copy!! :(

Your boss sounds like a good dude, and nice of him to speak to you about it in a good way.

PM me DQ and I'll post you one as long as you promise not to howl with laughter!
PS My boss is luvverly - pretty much perfect but there are no flies on him either:eek: He's dead fair and trusts me implicitly which is why I feel really bad as I had abused his good nature and have forfeited his trust but I have no one to blame but myself! I'm mad at myself for letting myself down too - by my forum habit getting out of control to such an extent - my shrink says I've replaced one addiction - food, with another one of dieting and I have to say there's probably a lot of truth in that.
I am very, very, very lucky to work where I work especially when I think of my previous employers. I'm treated really well and allowed a long leash so it behoves me to behave professionally.
Had sh!tey day in Birkenhead today, wasn't needed at all as I had predicted so complete waste of time and money and getting up at 5am, but at least the perv was found guilty, all we need to do now is pray he gets a custodial - very much doubt it:mad: I nearly ran him over when I left the car park outside the court - should have done - might have saved us tax payers a load of dosh and prevented more prison overcrowding let alone prevented other children being abused, cos leopards don't change their spots and even when they do, they still have flippin' big teeth!
Heigh ho, more ironing to do, etc. etc. etc.

Love,
A
xxxx:D

Hey Anch!

Hope you are having an fabbo holiday:D :cool: How many men have you had to beat off with your big stick? Sexy dress looking good eh??;)

I'm missing you loads and being very selfish in wishing you back here!
Speak soon,
Love,
A

Hiya Irene,

Gosh, your message was an answer to a maiden's prayer! I'm in a moaning minny mood and just want to offload. - Sorry but you picked the short straw:eek:
Without wanting to sound like I'm wallowing in self-pity, I feel pretty rubbish! Not one particular reason, lots of little ones. I think I'm just tired and feeling a bit frantic. I've been feeling dragged along by events this week rather than in control of them and this is a feeling I don't like. I'm going to plan my work for next week and make sure I work my plan!

Anyway, my friend's brother's pc is now all working, printer and scanner and all. He insisted on paying me which I didn't want to take as I should have sorted it properly the last time. I've finished nearly all of my friend's ironing - the last bit will be done and delivered tomorrow. I phoned her tonight and yet again she sounded "merry" and I'm a tad concerned about her drinking. As I'm vehemently anti-alcohol I'm unsure as to whether I'm over-reacting or not.

My washing is now doing so I shall be able to start my ironing tomorrow!! Then the house needs tidying and cleaning! We have some "odd" guests coming on Sunday - our kids were at Nursery together (they left 3 years ago - the last time we saw them) and we've been in sporadic contact since and no they've invited themselves here on Sunday. They are coming quite a way so I don't know whether to be flattered or suspicious that they want something! (Horrid cynic that I am).

Anyway, enough of my self-absorption - how are you and your family? I've not had much time lately to catch up on threads - how are you doing - broken the 5 stone barrier by now I expect?
Is Cat still liking college?

Well, I'm off to put more washing on now - hope all is well and look forward to seeing you in just over a month's time!

Sorry to be so pitiful - I'll knock myself back into shape soon.
Lots of love,
A

You have had a very busy week and there doesn't seem to have been much of 'me' time. And when you're tired things do get on top of you. I'm sending you big ((((hugs)))) cos it looks as though you need them.

Mam is just the same. It was an effort for her to come to the shops today but she is still so independent and likes to choose her own shopping.

Cat is loving college and had the day off today as it was a training day. So we both met Victoria at the metrocentre this afternoon and had a great time chatting over bottles of water for hours. It was great to see her again and she looked really good.

I am still waiting for the 5 st still 2 lb off.

So looking forward to seeing you again in November. I'm so glad you've moaned just a little as it does you good.
Irene xx

Cheers Irene,

I feel much better for having "shared" (how cheesy does that sound??) - thanks for listening and responding so quickly.
I'm just going to head off to bed now and make sure I plan an hour of reading time over the weekend - I've just bought the latest Rebus book and am really looking forward to reading it.

Glad all is well with you and yours - night night and thanks again for being such an utterly fab friend in need!

Love,
A

Hiya Irene,

Gosh, your message was an answer to a maiden's prayer! I'm in a moaning minny mood and just want to offload. - Sorry but you picked the short straw:eek:
Without wanting to sound like I'm wallowing in self-pity, I feel pretty rubbish! Not one particular reason, lots of little ones. I think I'm just tired and feeling a bit frantic. I've been feeling dragged along by events this week rather than in control of them and this is a feeling I don't like. I'm going to plan my work for next week and make sure I work my plan!

Anyway, my friend's brother's pc is now all working, printer and scanner and all. He insisted on paying me which I didn't want to take as I should have sorted it properly the last time. I've finished nearly all of my friend's ironing - the last bit will be done and delivered tomorrow. I phoned her tonight and yet again she sounded "merry" and I'm a tad concerned about her drinking. As I'm vehemently anti-alcohol I'm unsure as to whether I'm over-reacting or not.

My washing is now doing so I shall be able to start my ironing tomorrow!! Then the house needs tidying and cleaning! We have some "odd" guests coming on Sunday - our kids were at Nursery together (they left 3 years ago - the last time we saw them) and we've been in sporadic contact since and no they've invited themselves here on Sunday. They are coming quite a way so I don't know whether to be flattered or suspicious that they want something! (Horrid cynic that I am).

Anyway, enough of my self-absorption - how are you and your family? I've not had much time lately to catch up on threads - how are you doing - broken the 5 stone barrier by now I expect?
Is Cat still liking college?

Well, I'm off to put more washing on now - hope all is well and look forward to seeing you in just over a month's time!

Sorry to be so pitiful - I'll knock myself back into shape soon.
Lots of love,
A

Hi Ailsa,

It seems to me you are doing a lot for other people and at times it is easy to over extend ourselves.

Sounds like you could do with another holiday:)

Chin up...tomorrow things will look a lot better.

Love and hugs.

Love Mini xxx

Hey hon,

Can hardly move, was technically gardening this morning but was literally moving the concrete builders rubble left over from the new path built.... 3 hours or so and now every muscle in my body has seized!

Hope you're cheerier, you've got a lot on at the moment.

I land tomorrow 1ish so will be around tomorrow evening if you want a chat.

Better go, going out for lunch.

Irene - thanks so much for sorting out the mag for me. Will PM & do a proper message when I get back.
Love
Anch xxx

Are you back yet Anja? If so PM me your address and I'll post you the magazine with our famous friend in it.

How are you today Ailsa?

Irene xx

Hi Irene/Anja/Mini,

Hope all is well with you all. Had an equally busy and frenetic weekend and am just winding down with my own huge ironing mountain - will watch Prime Suspect to help me thru it.
Next week is manic too, the boy is at a new playscheme for half term and work is quite busy too and still need to put best foot forward with nice boss.
I'm going to synch my filofax and phone so I know what's going on when and where and hopefully be a bit more chilled.

Had a lovely afternoon with old friends - much better than I expected to be honest - we've not seen each other in over 3 years. The 2 kids got on like a house on fire and I had great fun rustling up a meal for their appreciative mouths (the boy refused to eat a thing - typical!). Then we chatted loads and set the kids to icing some wholesome fairy cakes - they had great fun making garish coloured icing and putting all manner of silver balls, marshmallows, and icing decorations on them! I ate far too much and then finished off the fruit and yogurt and we won't even talk about the chocolate ice cream (only 6% fat - but still ice-cream - eeekkk!!!). This maintenance lark is v. hard and quite dreary as I was never a fast loser at my best but am struggling to make 1lb a week so far. I had wanted to be at goal for Brum but can't see that happening now. Still, what's half a stone between board buddies??
Right, I'm off to rion - will phone you tomorrow evening Anja if that's OK? About 9ish??

Have a good week all and sorry for being such a moaner lately - will endeavour to buck up from now on!
Much love as always,
A

Hiya,

Sorry I haven't been about much since I got back. Have had a bit of catching up to do at work although it was mostly done, just silly little stuff like stationery orders etc.

Have my camera with me so will try & do my holiday pics later today. I also have all my DVLA & Churchill docs to copy as they requested loads of documents in order to pay the claim & the letter arrived the day I went to Spain so Dad read it to me as soon as I arrived at home. They wanted originals such as V5 & Ins cert so I have to send all change docs re retention & 3 x ins certs as the reg changed 3 times during the year from Daewoo to 1st Nissan to 2nd! I've ended up with about 30 docs to do colour copies of!

I was a sad moo last night as was sitting in watching loads of taped programmes; Strictly Come Dancing, Ladette to Lady, Neighbours etc. Still have loads to watch, 2 more tapes!

Keane concert Thursday night at Alexandra Palace. Can't wait! Have got Thursday afternoon & Friday morning off work as not sure what time it ends!

Will restart my diet properly on Friday I think. Was 11,4 this morning so have gained 8lbs since my lowest of 10,10 but only 3 lbs on hol as was 11,1 after exam & dissertation stress. Will have to start my Maths revision soon as I don't remember it & Pure Maths level 2 will be in at the deep end! (Only problem being my notes are in garage behind Daewoo - was hoping it'd be gone but not yet! Have contacted buyer again but not expecting anything now. Might relist on Autotrader if he ignores me again! - and give very negative feedback!)

Don't worry about the ice cream - it's not like you're eating it every day for 3 meals a day. Once in a while can't hurt! (I will admit to eating quite a bit in Spain, raspberry, mango, chocolate truffle etc.!)

Oh well! One of Mum's friends didn't recognise me; I couldn't work out why he hadn't kissed me hello like he usually does, he just stood talking to Mum after nodding hello to me & then realised midway through the conversation and gave me a huge hug (AND his absolutely drop dead gorgeous son was there for the weekend so I got to see him too briefly - I LOVE the Spanish culture - I got 2 kisses hello, 2 during the Peace at Church & 2 goodbye - Yeay!) He's so good looking he leaves me speechless! Oh well!

My Spanish friends seem to have disappeared, he's changed his job, not answering his phone or e-mail. I'm wondering if maybe he was in the UK while I was in Spain as he was intending to go in September or October.

Sorry - essay as always!

Talk later
Love Anja xxx

Yay - you're back - yippee

Hey you!
Missed you loads, glad you had a fab holiday and great news re the titchy weight gain!
Sorry I didn't call last night, was whacked - am equally tired tonight too and now have to make Bonfire Toffee and Honeycomb for Halloween party on Thursday. As have new client tomorrow and then promised the boy a trip to the flicks I don't know when I'll get to make it. Might have to buy it instead - least that way I won't be tempted to test it myself and if it's wrapped, then it's even less temptation - result!

Still daren't logon here from work - a boss who knows all there is to know about forensic computing can easily check up on me. Oh well, only myself to blame really!

Wow - people didn't recognise you - how brill did that make you feel? I love it when that happens to me. Have yousorted out all the car stuff now? Is your Dad in Spain or still in UK? I can't remember what you said was happening. If I get a chance tonight I'll try ringing you if not maybe tomorrow or Friday evening?

Better go, have to complete some CD stuff and get ready for new clients etc before wrestling boy into bed - hard as he was sooo tired after his holiday club he fell asleep over his tea! Bet that means he'll be up 'til midnight - gloom!

Catch up soon,
much love,
A

Hi Anja, hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday (although it sounds as if you have been working hard!)
I just want to publicly say how nice it was to meet you and your mum in Spain. None of us actually "knew" eachother, and yet we had a great time. I am well impressed at you and your mum's command of Spanish - puts Michael and I to shame. Also, your mum is so INTERESTING - she has a well thought out opinion on everything, and is a veritable mine of information about all things Spanish. Might have to ask her again about those Paradores she recommended. Please pass on my good wishes.
You did so well to drive all that way (and all the way back as well). Just want you to know I appreciate you making the effort to come and see us, and hope we can meet up again some time.
I have a photo of you by the pool which I will e mail to you, but none of the others seem to be on the camera, so shall look forward to seeing yours.
Hasta Luego (is that right?) Ann xxx

Last edited:
Hiya

No worries about your Spanish - you have to remember Mum & I have been doing it off & on for 25 years! (For info the BEST by far Spanish teaching book I've ever come across is Madrigal's: Amazon.co.uk: Madrigal's Magic Key to Spanish: Books: Margarita Madrigal

Thanks so much for having us. Mum is definitely interesting & has strong opinions on most topics!

Thanks so much for the photo too!

Here's mine:

Public Album

If there are any you want let me know and I'll send them! I really LOVE the one one of you, me and Mum and I'm also pleased how the Denia flat views came out - although it would take me about 15 photos to do the whole length in one go... Lovely 180% view. I also love your view, I adore the sea which unfortunately we can't see from the Murla house although the almond & olive blossom is stunning in March or so when the whole valley turns pink.

Better do some work as I'm off again tomorrow & Friday. I've had a few light-hearted jokes about having taken October off!

Yes that's right! Hasta luego tambien!

Love Anja xxx

Couldn't resist taking a peek at your holiday photos - knowing where they were! They are fantastic - what wonderful views of Denia and the Montgo - now I feel sad and wish I was back there:( Mum and Dad are going in a couple of weeks, then in Feb then in April! We are hoping to go for around 12 days in May half term and then in the summer my friend and her 2 kids and me and my 3 are going for 10 days and then as she goes home my OH will come out for 2 1/2 weeks so hopefully I'll have best part of a month there! You are so lucky to not be restricted to school holidays - if we could afford to I'd go every holiday but it's so expensive:mad:

Glad you had a nice time. I bet it's like home from home for you.

Love

Hi Mich,

Yep - definitely home from home. We've been going to Denia for 25 years, renting at first then in 1984 Mum & Dad bought the flat, then in 2003 we bought the bungalow inland near Orba. The pictures are great, unfortunately I had to compress them to put them on photobox but the originals are really clear.

You lucky thing - I only get 4 weeks hol off work. I WISH I had the whole summer holidays. I'm planning on doing a week in either March or April next, then 2 weeks in July for the main fiesta and then another autumn week next year. Can't do Nov, Dec or Jan as I work for an Accountants so we're really busy then but can do whenever else...

Glad you liked the pics
Love xxx

Back