Need to be careful forever Attn: AKB

Hi

I had one of those unheard of moments on the scales when you step on and your weight goes down as it settles. Was 11,6 then down to 5 then flickered between 11,4 & 11,5 before finally settling on 11,4. Yeay!

Can't tell about the tablets yet as I take them so irregularly.

Very proud of myself as Mum wasn't well yesterday but I still went to water aerobics on my own. AND it was a different teacher, much more vigorous & my neck & shoulders are killing me!

Love xxx

Anja
Hope you're feeling a bit better.

Ailsa
Thanks for texting and ringing me yesterday. Hope you had a good day and congratulations on getting in the final 10 and the pic of you and Ann in the top. Just amazing

Irene xx

Sorry hon!

Have been around very little the last few days. Hope everything is beginning to get a bit better for you now honey.

Christmas has taken over in our house. We have done the outside & window lights but still no tree or inside decorations. Was helping my Dad lay the hall carpet on Saturday and Sunday was a real quiet day. He's paused the decorating in the back bedroom until after Christmas now.

I'm desperately awaiting my OU results. It says "by the 15th" so could be any day now. I need 70% or more to keep me in line for a First, (then I would need to get a 2:1 or 2:2 in the Maths and a Distinction in the Accountancy next September/October). If I get lower than any of these marks then I get a 2:1 or 2:2 depending on how badly I do so 69% or less kills my chances completely! No pressure.

Love to Cat and big hugs.

Love xxx

Fingers crossed for results. Will you get them online? I know Les did a couple of years ago.
Cat's bf is starting a OU degree in February with the 1st 2 30 point maths courses. Can't remember the titles but they are the recommended 2 to start with.
Irene xx

MU120 Open Maths & MST121 Using Maths.

I did those in 2003 & 2004 respectively. They're okay although I could only ever get 100% when it didn't count on the 'formative' ones rather than the ones that counted towards the marks... (No chance of that this year - level 2 is HARD!)

Good luck to Cat's bf!

My result could be by post or online - depends whether envelope gets caught in Christmas post or not as env. is usually here before it gets put up on the website.

Love xxx

Hi Anja,

Good luck with your results... figers crossed for you.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Irene & Mini,

Yes have done those 2 courses.

Well, I got my result & it's higher than 70% so that First is still on the horizon in a couple of courses time... I got 80% average on the coursework & 74% average for the exam so Thank God for my memorised oral otherwise my result would have been much lower.

(Just got to get my Grade 2or 3 in Maths and the Distinction in Accounting, 1 down 2 to go...)

Love xxx

Who's a clever girl then???

Anja - seriously well done :D - you must be very pleased with yourself and rightly so - I know how hard you worked - at least the Spanish is all over for now!

Lovely to speak to you today, sorry I've not been around much - I'm sooo busy in the evenings I hardly ever get a chance to come on here and as you know it's strictly verboten from work.

Anja/Irene/Mini
Life is trundling along here, I am very tired - too tired really and can't wait for 23 Dec when I finish until 6th Jan. Our holiday is Majorca was nice but not exactly a restful break so I hope painting the house will be this Christmas. At least I won't have 20 people descend on the 25th - am looking forward to going to my sister's for dinner but not to seeing my new sis-in-law again. Boxing Day is a 3 line whip at my Mother's and then the 27th it's down to Surrey for a day at my brother's - the same one who is getting married on Saturday. So I shall get to visit Surrey twice in a fortnight - hope the M1 roadworks aren't too bad.

Have won a PS2 dance mat and game from eBay which Father Christmas will be bringing the boy (and me) - I've heard they are good fun and quite addictive so am hoping it will help me move more - I desperately need more exercise and more sleep - am hoping the former will help the latter:(

Have done almost all Christmas stuff now, just a few cards to deliver around the village and the remaining presents to wrap. Daren't wrap the boy's just yet as he's far more likely to notice gift wrapped shapes - or will if he goes hunting about the house. On Sunday we'll put the tree up and decorate - I'm afraid I'm a real Grinch and wouldn't decorate at all left to my own devices.

How are you guys all getting on preparing - perhaps you are more sensible than me and don't make a big thing of it? - I do the whole Santa's footsteps on the hearth (icing sugar and work boots) and leave carrots etc for Rudolph. I think this year will probably be the last one where we can believe in the FC thing so I want to make the most of it - tho sometimes when I hear the boy tell me that he is going to get x..y..z (all really pricey things - in my youth I was happy with a satsuma and a bag of jelly tots!) I wonder about the sense in prolonging the FC myth - he thinks if FC brings it, it doesn't cost me anything!

Our visit to York went very well - my mother in law scolded me for not wearing a big coat but I guess she has to moan about something and she can't tell me I'm "still piling the beef on" as she used to! My sister in law was quite discomfited when she saw me in size 12 jeans (as she's in 14s) it's wierd tho cos she reckons she's a whole stone lighter than me and only a couple of inches shorter - go figure!! My husband's cousin was there - goodness knows why he comes - he must have a very dull life if a highlight is to come with his aunt and family to see us - I guess all the golf courses were shut. York is still as magical as ever and having market stalls in the streets added to it - except for the "World's biggest pick'n'mix" stall which I swear followed me up from our local shopping centre. It banjaxed me on Saturday and I succumbed to the heavenly lure of liquorice pin wheels et al - but on Sunday in York I stalked past it, nose in air - only to fall at first hurdle and straight into the Fudge shop whoops:eek:

Well, I must go and update my CD stocklist - tricky as I can't find my customer order lists so might have to count all my stock again - what an eejut I am! Then I shall see whether washing my whites at 60c has actually got them white - I wish the Ariel or Vanish stain stuff adverts would come and do my washing - there's absolutely no way that washing my whites at 30c would make them look anything other than grey and oh the absolute humiliation of having a child in grey shirts instead of crisp clean white ones at the school play! The boy does his best to look like a cross between Just William and a mud wrestler and the start of they day let alone the end.

Hope you all have a super weekend, will hopefully be back on here on Sunday - with blow by blow account of bro #3's wedding (sorry blessing - the wedding is tomorrow in a registry office and we're going to the church on Saturday where we all pretend this is the actual wedding).... I wonder if I can get a copy of that book "Families and how to survive them" from eBay...

Much love to all as always,
A
xxxx:D

Well, am sitting here and mentally trying to psych myself up for tomorrow. The boy is coughing away like a good 'un and I'm half hoping he's too ill to attend tomorrow but fraid not. Anyway knowing my family they'll demand to see a GP's note before they believe me :mad:

Have bought a pack of emergency fags - not good I know - and the warning on the pack was very stark but I guess eating 140000 calories of cr*p in one sitting will kill me too. To be honest it's not just my family - they can be quite nice most of the time - it's just social situations fullstop. I've spent so long avoiding them and anything new - always using my weight to hide behind, that now I don't know how to enjoy or even endure them. Trouble is, I know I'm getting lonelier and the more I carry on like this the lonelier I will get. I wish CD did a "confidence pill" I could take. It's a bit of a b*mmer to find that despite losing 11.5 stones I'm still lacking in confidence at times. What is strange is that I don't lack it at work. Was in the Crown Court today showing mucky movies to the head Judge - dunno why we bother sometimes - the scroat didn't even get a custodial - another Mickey Mouse sentence and a licence to carry on - all this has taught him is not to get caught. Anyway, apart from panicking internally that laptop wouldn't work (it did, like a dream thankfully) I wasn't phased at all - just slightly narked that the case was 2 hours late in going on!

Sorry folks - I'm in a odd mood and don't want to inflict in on you guys any more - hopefully my true Gemini 2 faced-ness will be back soon and I shall be all happy and gay once more;)

Off to sort out weddings outfits - yes plural cos I'm such a sad anally retentive cow that we travel down in leisure stuff and have a choice of 2 outfits each to change in to when we arrive - once a Girl Guide always a Girl Guide - always prepared!

Have a great weekend and hope to catch up soon,
Much love as always,
A

Hi hon!

Sorry our PC has been down so have only just spotted this - have also bought a divine new keyboard so will be typing away merrily!

Hope the wedding went well on Friday & the blessing went well on Saturday! (Being prepared is no bad thing - you KNOW how anally retentive I can be sometimes, once a geek, always a geek!) Try not to be so down on yourself hon! You're lovely and there's absolutely no reason for you to have no confidence in ANY sphere of your life.

I managed to corner Dad for about 5 minutes this morning about his Tax Ret & he didn't go mad, he also didn't leap into action but at least I've started broaching the subject! He's upgrading my PC as part of my Christmas present; putting on DVD-RW, CD-RW, TV card & video splitter etc. so I can watch & record TV to DVD on my PC. Should be cool when it's all done but he keeps finding glitches that need tweaking. I guess perfectionism runs in our family.

I'd better go & help with lunch but have a great weekend hon!

Love xxx

Hiya,

I'm fine thanks, Irene. How are you & Cat? I'm such a child around Christmas, I love it! Although it'll be quiet this year as my brother moved out in Feb this year so it'll be the first Christmas ever that it's just me, Mum & Dad. Will be very weird! He's coming over on Sat 23rd to do prezzies so that should be cool anyway!

I just got the separate range marks for my exam parts, & the oral really did save me. The written was 55 - 69% & the oral was 70 -84% but based on my 74% average exam mark I must have actually got between 64 & 69 for the written & 79 - 84 for the oral!

Thank God I memorised that piece or I'd have been well under my 70% target!

Have a great Christmas if I don't talk to you before then! We have people over tomorrow, & Guy and Anita are over tomorrow night & Saturday. Also it's our Christmas lunch on Friday afternoon so it's gonna be a bit hectic the next few days!

Love xxx

Hi Anja and Irene!

Well, once again - my early night plans have gone the way of most things!
It's 10pm and this is my first real chance to get on here! Hope you are both well and that you are doing OK Irene - this will obviously be such a difficult Christmas and you must be experiencing lots of mixed emotions {{{HUGS}}}

Just to update you with what's happening here - not much as usual! Well, not strictly true - I'm training near St Neots for 3 days this week and so getting up early and driving for an hour to start at 9 and finish at 5. The highlight of the course so far has been learning that CDs go shiny side down into the drive - D'oh:mad: Honestly, I would prefer to be back at work. I've been mostly bored rigid and have surfed the web (allowed-ish) but the new trainer there is a best bud of nice boss and has bubbled me up to him so I get sarky texts - not flippin amused I can tell you! Anyway, went to see FFF tonight - she goes on about her house being a mess but it looked lovely - she has loads of candles and soothing music playing and I took photos of her in her new top and she put on her gorgeous new dress - well nice - oh and her bra is def. the dogs danglers- much improved bust area:cool:

Wedding last Sat was great except despite leaving 3 and a bit hrs for 1.5hr journey we were late thanks to M1 and M25 jams. We both got dressed in the traffic jam and ran up the lane to the Church like the opening scenes of 4 Weddings and a Funeral - all expletives!!!! Even going home at 11pm took 3 hrs thanks to some bright spark deciding to make the M1 go from 3 lanes into 1 at J8 - it took an hour to get thru that particular jam!
The bride looked as beautiful as I knew she would (both she and my brother are "beautiful people" and make a truly handsome couple). What we saw of the service was enjoyable and the Reception was great - my bro even danced with me and was most complimentary about my weight loss - he kept telling everyone - I swear by the end of the night I used to weigh 50stones! He is a very complex chap - when he's happy then everyone else is but if he's in a bad mood then watch out - he's a vicious tongue on him and doesn't mind who he savages.
The evening showed me that I need to get out more as I'm quite unused to social events - my brother in law accused me of looking very bored at points but I don't hear so well, especially in noisy rooms so I miss most of what is said unless I can lip read (which I'm not very good at). The boy behaved quite impeccably (for him anyway) and looked divine in his suit with silver Paisley waistcoat and cravat. He entertained everyone at our table discussing astronomy with a friend of my brother. I had no idea the boy knew so much about white dwarves/black holes/the solar system - no wonder I was looking bored eh??

Anyway, I must go to bed now as early mornings do for me in a big way if I don't get my sleep! Thankfully it's the last day tomorrow, pity it's a bit wasted - there is so much more I wanted to learn but hey-ho - that's for another course.

3 days to hols and big painting exercise - :( still I'll feel oodles better once it's done!

Will hope to catch up before Christmas,
much love as always,
A

Hey honey!

Thank you so much for my prezzie! You're lovely! I hope you liked yours - I figured there were so many places on there that you could use them for clothes or helping decorate!

Irene, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to be tactless.

Got to go as I've just been handed some work!

Much love xxx

Hiya

Hi there Anch!
Am nipping on during morning break - glad you liked the present - thought you could get what you wanted then! Ooohh have you sent me one - I've not received it yet but we don't get the post til after I've gone to work so hopefully it'll be there tonight - all excited now!!!!

Uh-oh - starting again now, better dash, catch you later,
much love,
A

Hi there,

I've always wanted to know what the subject or type of this thread is. I don't wish to appear rude, but the title doesn't really give it away. I thought it was a diary, but it isn't in the diary section - so I guess it's not. The title perplexes me.

Can someone shed some light? I'm intrigued. I always click on this thread.

Cheers

Sorry hon,

It started on DHH with me posting a thoughtful blog on why I would always have to be careful about food etc. FOREVER and how I could never take my eye off the ball... That original post introduced me to AKB who was having similar problems & the same thoughts and 1000s of posts later it is now a conversation between me, AKB & Irene mainly but Mini, Isobel, Summer, Westhills and others occasionally pop in to say hi.

Need to be careful forever! - Topic Powered by eve community

I simply called a new thread the same title when we moved over because it's easier to spot with the same name but I suppose it's less obvious to newer readers although I WILL ALWAYS HAVE TO BE CAREFUL so it still stands...

Anja

Back