NEED to do this!!!!!!!

Spolly

Hiya! I'm Anna, 31 and have just horrified myself at getting on the scales and seeing a whopping 19 st 1 lb!!!

I've got 2 children, gorgeous boys aged 3 and 10 weeks. I'm currently on maternity leave and have done exactly what I swore I wouldn't do and gained 1.7 stone since having my little one.

I'm so down about my weight and I'm feeling so uncomfortable. I was this weight after having my first and lost 4 stone on the Cambridge diet. I'd gained about half back before getting pregnant, but kept saying "I'll start dieting Monday". Next thing, I'm pregnant again. I followed healthy eating plan and didn't gain much during pregnancy. I also run my own business so am very active and on the go.

So I've gained the rest since having little Dexter, I've also been diagnosed with PND, which probably doesn't help with feeling so crappy. Also, as I am usually so busy, being on mat leave and watching far too much daytime telly has added to me piling on the pounds... Bloody Jezza!!!!! ;-)

Anyway, i've tried every diet possible, I really don't think I can do another food replacement diet yet until I get my head in the right place, so today I have started a low fat, low carb eating plan.
I don't think I could put myself through this any more. My hubby is wonderful, but he just doesn't get why I get so upset about my weight.

Does anyone have any tips on Keeping motivated? know it sounds daft, but I really need to do something now, otherwise I'm going to end up even more down and that isn't going to be good for me or my beautiful boys!! :(

Apologies for the essay, I get a bit carried away when I write. :) xx

Hi Anna
i know how you feel... I've just been to the doctors today to moan about my c pill and they have blamed my and my weight, they won't put me on the pill I want cause I'm "too overweight" :( which is really embarrassing thing to tell my boyfriend!!
Like you I'm really down and have also done the Cambridge diet before I was 16st 11 and got down to 11st 09lbs in about 6 months!! That was 4 years ago and I thought I was doing well keeping the weight off my with my weigh in of 13st 11lbs today I feel like I've been fooling myself!!
I know slimming world works and is a much better way to lose weight then Cambridge and cheaper...
All I want is a nice summer and be able to wear nice clothes!! Oh and I can't weight to go back to the doctors in two months and tell them wear to stick it lol xx
Here's to us... And our success!!! Xxx

Hiya!!! Drs are a nightmare. How do they expect people to get motivated to loose weight when they make them feel like crap.. I'm much heavier than you and I've never had trouble getting the pill... They just think by shaming people it'll make them motivated to loose weight.... Doesn't always work that way.

Well good luck to you, and hope we both get where we want to be. :) Xxx

I intend to go on to slimming world in the next few weeks.. I just want to have a couple of weeks getting my head into dieting first. I have really let my portion control and food choices slip the last couple of months, and I tried to start SW a few weeks ago, but I was still breastfeeding and found I was craving sweet food constantly.

I've wrapped up the breast feeding now.. Not to start dieting... I'd always intended to feed till 12 weeks, but my little one was so clingy to me and wanted to be with me all the time, which I'm sure all the mums know, when you have an older one too, it is hard to juggle the two. So I Weaned him
On to formula a few weeks earlier ad that has helped so much... I'm actually a person again and not just a milk machine!!!!!! :D

Xx

Oh you need carb to fuel your cells. I've lost weight sooo easily and I would suggest you to go where I have been but you have little children and I don't think you could get away for at least free weeks. It's a shame. You could get educated and motivated there and have a different life now. Anyway try to eat enough fruit and low fat. Wish you all the best

Oh you need carb to fuel your cells. I've lost weight sooo easily and I would suggest you to go where I have been but you have little children and I don't think you could get away for at least free weeks. It's a shame. You could get educated and motivated there and have a different life now. Anyway try to eat enough fruit and low fat. Wish you all the best

Where have you been???

This program will be this summer at a cave bath in a hotel in Hungary. Starting in May and during the summer time.. At applying discussion and confirmation from the health coach is necessary. Payment is done only if the health coach says ok. Depends on if there is a place as it is not for large groups. I don't think the kids would like the long vacation though. Shame you can't get away. It is nothing like a normal weight loss camp where you are with a lot of people and do the all group eating and exercising every day. It is more private. You do it alone or with a friend or two to cut the cost. The aim is that you have a personal health coach basically all day for yourself to coach you. ( you also have a lot of free time)The program includes giving ideas what to eat, teaching to prepare food, educating what to eat and what to avoid, helping through the struggles each day, exercising together, reprogramming the subconscious mind, using positive thinking, being educated about sicknesses and how it relates to diet and how they can be reversed, relaxation, motivation. It is very complex because it gets you ready for a life change and for being healthy. It is not just dieting for a few days to get rid of some kilos quick and after returning home gain back even more. Good news: You are never hungry because you can eat as much as you like. Bad news: Since it is so private it can be expensive. The accommodation is about 20 euro/day. The health coach fee is about 70 a day!!! but if you have a body or two, it can be about 30-40 euro/day. Food is not expensive.If you want to you can even go together to the market with the coach and do some shopping together. You know the yummy fruits, vegetables.Why is it good? You reprogram yourself completely and learn about food, so you know what to do. The program is ALWAYS adjusted to you not to a group. After the program you can ask for free follow up "coaching" for two months. if you have a question or want to be motivated or anything like that. I got so into it that I am changing my daughter's life now. I see it as a health program, not a weight loss program. Losing weight is just a great side effect of it.

Last edited:
I'm a whoopppinngg 14 stones now so I know how you feel. But small steps will get u to your destination. Its hardest to start. Once you get into get the healthy eating and exercise routine you'll kick your self.for not doing it sooner!

Back