Need to get back into

krupskaya

Gold Member
exercise! I've been ill for the last fortnight (flu bug) and haven't been doing any exercise at all. I really need to motivate myself to do some body magic as I know it helps me physically and mentally but I'm just feeling soooo damn lazy! Any ideas of how to get back on track? Anybody?

Oh lord, me too. I've not done any for about two weeks. The only way I know how to get back into it is to tell myself all I have to do is get my kit on. Then I just have to sit on the bike. And then I just have to cycle for 5 minutes. And then I just have to get past the first 20 sucky minutes. And then I can get off. I usually end up staying on.

Tell you what, if you do a bit tomorrow, I will. Even if it's just a quick walk. I'll come back and check up on you tomorrow night if you check up on me. ;)

Thanks for the reply Pootler. Great idea. Gonna do something today even if it's just a walk then check in with you later. We can do it!

Done! 20 minutes on the bike. And a sunbed session as a reward. :eek:)

I think the way to do it is not to set yourself any unrealistic targets. If I was to tell myself that I had to run a mile every day in under 15 mins, I'd be like pshh yeah whatever! But I'm telling myself to do 2 miles a day in under 30 mins, and somehow, that seems better! I also joined the Easter situps challenge and have done 600/1750 situps already - I would never have dreamed this could be possible!

Find something fun to do - Zumba? I know you've been ill :( But your body will not appreciate it if you take ages to get back into it! Will be back later to check up on you :p x

Just do it! Honestley, don't think about it, get your gear on and go.

Once you have done that first session and feel great you will be back in the swing of things.

Thanks Pootler, Ali and CB. Well done Pootler on your biking! I did 30 mins of brisk walking - all up steep hills so it was quite tiring. I know it seems a bit pathetic compared to 20 mins on the bike (Pootler) but it's all I could gear up to. Just done the same today. I figure anything is better than nothing! Lawd i could tell I'd lost some fitness as I was quite out of breath. Hopefully I can step it up this week. Good luck to us all!

Thanks Pootler, Ali and CB. Well done Pootler on your biking! I did 30 mins of brisk walking - all up steep hills so it was quite tiring. I know it seems a bit pathetic compared to 20 mins on the bike (Pootler)

Geddaway with you, you've not seen me on the bike. I take a very leisurely approach to it, take time to enjoy the scenery (of my attic). ;-) I think 30 mins brisk walking is ace.

Thanks Pootler. Did the same today. Just feeling sooo unfit. It takes ages to build up fitness and not a long time to lose it, it seems! Have you been on the bike again?

it does take a while to get back into it. I was doing an hour at a time before my holiday. Not done any today but I'm either cycling or swimming tomorrow. If I've not reported my time tomorrow night, you can give me a verbal butt kicking. ;-)

Will do and you can do the same to me! :D

Swam. :) Only half an hour, very slowly. But it's a good start. :) How about you?

Well done you! Just 30 mins brisk walking for me again. Up very steep hills though. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol! Building myself up to digging out my tae bo DVDs and doing them. I'm feeling far too wimpy at the moment though. Another week of this and I should be up for it. Have you planned to do anything tomorrow? Onwards and upwards Pootler!

Hey, go you! :) 30 mins five times a week is enough, right?

No plans for tomorrow - early start at work and then date night with my hubby. Should manage something the rest of the week though.

Pootler said:
Swam. :) Only half an hour, very slowly. But it's a good start. :) How about you?

Thinking about starting swimming, everyone says what good exercise it is, do you swim freestyle or breast stroke? The reason I ask is, I get really puffed swimming freestyle so thought I'd swim both alternating to try not get too puffed! Also do most people do the sommersault turn thingy at the end of the pool?

Thinking about starting swimming, everyone says what good exercise it is, do you swim freestyle or breast stroke? The reason I ask is, I get really puffed swimming freestyle so thought I'd swim both alternating to try not get too puffed! Also do most people do the sommersault turn thingy at the end of the pool?

I just do whatever stroke I feel like doing. I reckon as long as I'm moving, then it's all good!

A couple of people go all gung ho and do the little flips and wear Speedos and goggles. :) But the morning laps sessions at my pool are a sea of grey haired people chatting while they swim casually up and down. :)

Back