Need to get back on track

SCP13

Hi all,
had been doing quite well but last month went completely to pot. My dad passed away and soo much bad news and stressful situations that ive completely fallen off the wagon :-(

Really want to get back on but finding it soo hard to get going again...

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your dad passing away and life in general being stressful. I also find it difficult to stick to plan when things get tough, but what works for me is planning. Plan your meals ahead, I've been cooking some meals a day in advance this week, which means I either eat my sw food or throw it away, which is won't waste money and do!! Also make sure you have plenty of sw friendly snacks around in case you get peckish. Make sure you write down your syns somewhere to keep on track x

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I think you should cut yourself some slack and recognise that you're going through a tough time, and it's going to be difficult to focus hard on sw right now. Try and fill up on your sw free foods first, maybe try and make sure your meals are sw friendly, just small baby steps, nothing too heavy going, and get through this time as best you can. Don't beat yourself up about it. xxxxx

Oh how awful :(

well as FloralsAndTea said definitely don't beat yourself up about it, it sounds like it's been an absolutely rubbish time.

It's never too late for a fresh start as they say, you know you can do it and when you're ready you will. And maybe it can be part of your positive moving forward after so much sadness and stress xx

Thanks everyone.

Im trying not to be too hard on myself but jeans are getting abit tight again so i need to rein it in abit even if i dont go mad on sw yet id like to loose abit.

Think the new mag is out this week or next so may get that to see if theres anything i can do with what ive got in.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply

Very sorry to hear about your dad! That is terrible. I can understand how you are feeling! You surely should not be strict to yourself. If you find the strength to come back to your previous eating plan, I am sure you will lose the weight you gained fast! I think you need to cheer yourself up with something (not food!;-). Maybe go somewhere with friends (cinema, concert). It will help to forget about bad situation in your life and forget about the food. Good luck and stay strong!

sorry for your loss x

Thanks guys,

Im getting there slowly. Actually made myself some cous cous with veg for lunch today rather than just having a sandwich.

Funny you should say about other treats Ginger, my friend has booked for us to go to the cinema next friday and i havr a friends wedding reception this friday. So have those to look forward to.

Have my birthday this month to - im not looking forward to that without my dad but im going out shopping with my mum so that will be nice too.

Hope youre all having a good day?

Back